tuumis

Devotional

Valvoja: Annukka

The Christ of Christmas Is Coming Again

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 28.12.2013 18:04

The Christ of Christmas Is Coming Again

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“But we are bound to give thanks always to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth: Whereunto He called you by our Gospel to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 2 Thessalonians 2:13-14

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
You need not be disturbed. “Rest with us.” And you will not be disappointed.

Paul tells us in Second Thessalonians that when He comes, our Lord shall reign.

The first Christmas, there was no room for Him in the inn. When He comes for the final time, He’s coming as King of kings and Lord and lords. Jesus came the first Christmas to die in the sinner’s place. When He comes again, Jesus is coming to receive the sinner to Himself.

There are two aspects of His Second Coming. First, He’s coming secretly for His bride. Then He’s coming with His bride. He’s coming sweetly like a bridegroom; then He’s coming sovereignly like a King. The unfinished story of Christmas is this: Jesus is coming again.

ACTION POINT:
In faith, look backward to a crucified Savior. In love, look upward to a crowned Savior. And in hope, look forward to a coming Savior.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | Read the Bible | LWF.org | Today's Message

FacebookTwitter
Devotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

What Makes God Happy

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 28.12.2013 18:06

Joni and Friends Daily Devotional December 28, 2013

What Makes God Happy

"May the glory of the Lord endure forever..." Psalm 104:31 (NKJV)

What makes God happy? If you were to discover the answer, would it change the way you live? Would it affect what you do? Would you not become heaven-bent on doing that which you knew for certain makes God happy?

Many things delight God, but nothing delights Him more than the rapture He enjoys from His own Son. "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased," He boasts. Jesus is what God looks like in His magnificence and excellence. Jesus is the perfect reflection of God's moral splendor. Because Jesus is the exact image of the Father, He is the glory of God (Hebrews 1:3).

We make God happy when we showcase Jesus in our lives. We make God happy when we reflect to those around us, as well as to the heavenly hosts, any attribute, any character quality of Jesus. When, by God's grace, we remain patient, resist temptation, offer a smile, bless a child, sit silent, meet a need, sing a hymn, repeat a scripture, praise the Father, give the gospel, work faithfully, feed the starving, help a neighbor, we are making God happy. How so? Because we are doing what Jesus would do -- and as we do it, we are making more explicit the character of God to those around us. God's glory is the display of the awesome beauty of His many and varied perfections. So, "whether you eat or drink, do all to the glory of God."

The unshakeable happiness of God is a happiness in Himself. He is uppermost in His affections. In everything He does -- in everything He wants us to do -- His purpose is to preserve and display His glory. In the next hour, you will have sixty distinct minutes as God-given opportunities to glorify the Lord. Showcase the Son and you can't help but glorify the Lord in the next hour!

I glorify You in my life today, Lord Jesus!

Blessings,

Joni and Friends

www.joniandfriends.org
Annukka

Who Is Jesus, the God-Man?

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 29.12.2013 18:31

Who Is Jesus, the God-Man?

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Let this mind be in you which was also in Christ Jesus, who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God, but made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men; and, being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore, God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth, and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.” Philippians 2:5

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
John Blanchard estimated that of all the people who’ve ever lived, from the beginning of creation to now, there have been about 30 billion here on earth. Of those, few have had any major effect on human history. One person stands out unique above all the rest. That one person, Jesus Christ, has attracted a greater combination of attention, devotion, criticism, adoration, and opposition than any other of those 30 billion.

Every recorded word He spoke has been studied, sifted and analyzed from generation to generation by theologians, philosophers, and historians. At this moment multiplied millions around the globe in every time zone are studying what this one individual had to say.

He is Jesus of Nazareth. He preached and taught in a tiny little land called Israel some 2,000 years ago. Yet the birth of this baby has divided the centuries into “B.C.” (before Christ) and “A.D.” (Anno Domini, or “the Year of our Lord.”) He divides world history.

ACTION POINT:
Whether you are on death row or Wall Street, you need Jesus. He’s the saving Son of God. There’s no one that He cannot save. There’s no one that He will not save. Jesus is what the world needs today. Thank God for Christmas. If there had been no Christmas, think what that would mean.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | Read the Bible | LWF.org | Today's Message

FacebookTwitter
Annukka

Turning the Corner to a New Year

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 29.12.2013 18:34

Joni and Friends Daily Devotional December 29, 2013

Turning the Corner to a New Year

"May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep."

Hebrews 13:20

What a crazy world we live in. If we were to believe all the news headlines, we would decide our world is splitting apart at the seams. It probably is! Oh, how we need God to breathe peace on our planet. Actually, He has. When the Lord Jesus hallowed this broken, crazy world with His coming, He showed us heaven's headlines: "Peace on Earth, Good Will Toward Men."

No matter how wild the world gets, as believers we experience this glorious peace because hostility no longer exists between the Father and us. A white Christmas is like a white flag of truce. The war between God and man is over: "Peace on Earth" were the words of the peace accord. God is no longer against us (Romans 9:22 says we were "objects of his wrath."). God is now with us!

Still, it's a crazy world. And, despite the peace of Christmas day, things will probably get crazy with us again. We need "the peace of God that rules in our hearts" not only on Christmas day but every day. God is with us; right in the middle of our world. And anywhere, at anytime, we may turn to Him, hear His voice, and know His peace. But it's not just a crazy world; we keep crazy schedules. With the New Year, life will most likely keep speeding by at a blur. We will crowd our mornings, crunch our afternoons, and end up collapsing in the evenings. We need help in carving out moments and hours of peace in our day-to-day schedule.

It's my prayer that as you turn your thoughts toward the New Year, you will be reminded of His calm and quiet. Hold the world at bay. Live in many moments of rest. May the peace of God go before you, leading you into each day. For whenever we look up into the face of our Father, whenever we quiet our spirit to hear His voice, we have found divine peace this crazy world can never take away.

God, may Your peace equip me with everything good for doing Your will in the upcoming year.

Blessings,

Joni and Friends

www.joniandfriends.org
Annukka

John 3:3

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 31.12.2013 13:36

Today's Verse for 12/31/2013

In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." — John 3:3

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

"Fast away the old year passes..." But we can be new and fresh and clean (cf. 2 Cor. 4:17). Kingdom people are those who have been born fresh and new through the power of the Spirit and the grace of god (cf. John 3:3-7; Titus 3:3-7; John 1:11). So as we close out the old year, with its good things and bad, achievements and failures, successes and disappointments, let's approach the New Year as Kingdom people. God's mercies are new every morning and our lives can be made new everyday by the Holy Spirit who lives in us. Yes, we have been born again. But each sunrise offers us the opportunity to be made new, to live in a fresh new way, as God's grace rekindles our hopes and the Holy Spirit makes us new as we trust in Jesus our Lord.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, you are holy and righteous. I confess that as hard as I have tried and as much as I have wanted to be holy and righteous, without your grace and the empowering presence of the Holy Spirit, I fail. Thank you for your forgiveness. Please make me new. As I stand on the threshold of a new year, please empower me beyond my weaknesses and besetting sins. Open my eyes to your work in the world around me and use me in your work of grace. Fire my passion to live fully for your Kingdom and my King, Jesus Christ, in whose name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Annukka

Get Ready!

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 31.12.2013 13:37

Joni and Friends Daily Devotional December 31, 2013

Get Ready!

"Now then, you and all these people, get ready to cross the Jordan River into the land I am about to give to them - to the Israelites. I will give you every place where you set foot, as I promised Moses... as I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you or forsake you. Be strong and courageous..." Joshua 1:2-3, 5-6

Now then, get ready! The new year spreads out before you like uncharted territory. Just flip to the pages of next year's calendar and look at all the empty blocks of days. Tonight at midnight, you'll cross over into something new, like crossing the Jordan River. Tonight is a river of no return. Sounds a little like Canaan-land, wouldn't you say? We could paraphrase today's verse, "Get ready to cross into the new year which I am about to give to you." And listen to the next line, "I will give you every place where you set foot!"

Got that? God is about to give you the next twelve months. He will give you every place you set foot (God doesn't present opportunities only to snatch them away). Thing is, you must step into them. God-blessed opportunities do not become yours until you take them. The land of Canaan was promised to the Israelites, but they had to step out and claim the ground.

God has great things in store for you during the coming year. He will open doors and clear paths. He will nudge you, this way and that. "And thine ears shall hear a word behind thee, saying, This is the way, walk ye in it, when ye turn to the right hand, and when ye turn to the left" (Isaiah 30:21 KJV). Wherever God leads, whatever opportunities He places in your path... step into them.

We look at the new year as "the future." God looks at it as "the past." This is why we can have confidence about the coming months -- God's already been there! And so, friend, Happy New Year!

Thank You for all that you did this year... and all You will do in the next. I'm ready to step out into every God-blessed opportunity You give.

Blessings,

Joni and Friends

www.joniandfriends.org
Annukka

Read Bible!

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 07.01.2014 09:38

Any Ort
• 5 hours ago

B asic
I nformation
B efore
L eaving
E arth

2 △ ▽

Annukka

Walking to Freedom

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 08.01.2014 10:24

08 January, 2014
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
Walking to Freedom

“But the people of Israel had walked through the middle of the sea on dry ground, as the water stood up like a wall on both sides. That is how the Lord rescued Israel from the hand of the Egyptians that day. And the Israelites saw the bodies of the Egyptians washed up on the seashore. When the people of Israel saw the mighty power that the Lord had unleashed against the Egyptians, they were filled with awe before him. They put their faith in the Lord and in his servant Moses.”
Exodus 14:29-31, NLT

Moses, in obedience to God, has led the Israelites out of slavery and oppression in Egypt and they are camped at the edge of the Red Sea. They are feeling vulnerable, yet the Lord has everything in control. The angel of God that had been leading them as a cloud moves to the rear of the camp and changes to a fire. Moses holds up his hand over the sea and the Lord brings a strong wind that opens a path through the water. Then the Israelites have to walk. They are walking away from Egypt and all that lay behind them, as well as walking towards the promised land ahead of them. I imagine there may have been some anxiety in their hearts as they took that journey across the sea bed. They were walking away from all they knew and were familiar with, and heading to a place they had only heard about, which was completely unknown to them. And they had to walk, one step at a time, plodding across the sea bed, hoping that the waves would hold up.

I actually found, as I was thinking about this passage this week, that I really related to it. God may bring a major breakthrough in your life. These are not regular occurrences, but infrequent. They are very deep things that you have been crying out to God, often for many years, for. The breakthrough comes, and you are praising God. He opens the way for you to go forward with the new-found blessing of your breakthrough. It’s like you start that journey across the sea bed. You are moving away from where you were and you are now heading towards your own ‘promised land.’ What does He call you to do? Walk, one step at a time, with Him. The journey is not always as easy as you think it should be. You feel vulnerable and can’t see the big picture of what He is doing.

For the Israelites news of the Egyptians’ pursuit spreads through the camp like wildfire. It is their worst nightmare come true. They were so close to getting away and freedom looks like it will slip through their fingers. But they keep on walking under the cover of the Lord’s protection. All the Israelites come through the sea and stand on the seashore. Then the moment comes when they turn around and see that God has delivered them, the waves have crashed down on the entire Egyptian army! Their enemies are gone forever. Those who had oppressed, mocked, used and abused them for 400 years are destroyed by the hand of the Lord. Imagine how they felt as they looked across the Red Sea. Today’s scripture says “they were filled with awe before him.” Now they are free to walk away from their past and go to the promised land.

Maybe today you are somewhere along this journey. You could be just saved, and, as a new disciple, you are starting the journey of freedom. You could be on the cusp of your major breakthrough. You could have had your major breakthrough and you are, figuratively speaking, walking through the Red Sea, going from where you have been to where God is taking you. You are not yet free, but you are heading towards the fulfilment of God’s promises to you. Or you could be standing on the shore, turning around to see that the Lord has completely delivered you from those who are against you and releasing you from any obstacles that would stop you from receiving the fullness of His promises to you. God is totally with you in every one of these places, whatever you are going through. The Lord has His angels around you, leading you ahead and guarding you behind. When you can’t see what is happening don’t worry. He wants you to keep walking one step at a time with Him. Our God has such mighty power and is the most amazing deliverer. Trust your journey into His wonderful hands today. Your ‘turn around’ moment will come. His promises to you will be fulfilled.

Prayer: Dear Lord, We praise You for the amazing account of Your deliverance of Israel from Egypt that we can read in the Bible. Thank You that You are with each of us in our journeys with You. We pray for breakthroughs, for faith to trust You on the journey, for deliverance and for promises to be fulfilled. We commit ourselves to walk with You. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Today's Writer : Lynda Scott
Annukka

He Alone Is Worthy

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 08.01.2014 15:06

He Alone Is Worthy

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing.” Revelation 5:12

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
There’s an interesting story about how a gifted violinist named Fritz Kreisler acquired a Stradivarius violin. Kreisler heard about the violin owned by an old Englishman and offered to buy it, but the old man said it wasn’t for sale. One day Kreisler ventured to the old man’s house and said, “If I can’t buy it, may I touch it?” The old Englishman invited him in and even allowed him to begin making music with it. Great tears welled up in the old Englishman’s eyes and he said, “It is not for sale, but it is yours. You are the Master and alone are worthy of it!”

That is what worship is all about. God is the Master and He alone is worthy.

ACTION POINT:
Starting with the letter “A” and going through the alphabet, praise Him for all that He is, has been, and will be!

FacebookTwitter
Annukka

See the Wonders of God

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 09.01.2014 09:02

See the Wonders
of God

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Those who go down to the sea in ships, who do business on great waters, they see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep.”
(Psalm 107:23, NKJV)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

Friend, you and I were created to do business in deep waters. In other words, we’re not supposed to have little dreams or little plans. We’re supposed to get out there and have big dreams. We are supposed to go out into the deep things God has for us. But understand, when you’re out there in the deep waters, you can’t touch the ground. You can’t see the shoreline, and at times, it can get a little rocky. You may not always see how things are going to work out. But, Scripture tells us that deep calls to deep. In other words, God is the one who has called you to the deep waters. He is with you, and He knows there are deep things on the inside of you. When you are in those deep waters, you are not alone. God is with you, and He’s causing those deep things inside of you to come forth.

If you feel like you are out in the deep today, if you feel like you are overwhelmed, remember, you are in the right place and God is with you. You will see the Wonders of God in the deep!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for calling me out into the deep. Today I surrender every area of my life to You. I choose to trust You knowing that You will show me Your wonders and glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum