tuumis

Devotional

Valvoja: Annukka

Sweet Incense

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 27.12.2015 10:26

27 December, 2015
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
Sweet Incense

"Aaron shall burn on it (the altar) sweet incense every morning; when he tends the lamps, he shall burn incense on it. And when Aaron lights the lamps at twilight, he shall burn incense on it, a perpetual incense before the Lord throughout your generations."
Exodus 30:7-8, NKJV

Sweet incense was to be offered every morning and every evening, in the Tabernacle, a perpetual offering on behalf of Israel, because God loved to meet with his children.
As expressed in the book of Hebrews, all these things were shadows of heavenly things to come, and just a small picture, showing the pattern for our worship to the Lord of glory in the New Testament.

Jesus wants us to offer up praise and worship from our hearts. What better time to turn our thoughts toward the Lord than when we wake, before a full day, and before the busy day draws to a close, not as a ritual, but as a delight. We’ve been made into a holy priesthood to offer up spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ (1 Peter 2:5).

Aaron was never to offer any strange mixture of incense on the altar, because it was to be holy to the Lord. The Lord only wants His Church to offer ‘true worship’, that is worship in spirit and in the truth of Christ, not mixed with any false belief or man-made religious ideas, but holy to the Lord (John 4:24). Such an offering is sweet and acceptable to the Lord.

And as we continue to share our faith with others, this really glorifies God. With Jesus’ help we will continually offer our sacrifice of praise to God by telling others of the glory of His name (Hebrews 13:15). True praise is a worthy sacrifice; this really honours God (Psalm 50:23).

Prayer: Let my prayer be set before you as incense, the lifting of my hands as the evening sacrifice. In Jesus’ name.
Today's Writer : Pam Smith
Annukka

Who Is This King of Glory?

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 28.12.2015 10:36

28 December, 2015
Who Is This King of Glory?

"Who is this King of Glory? The Lord strong and mighty, The Lord mighty in battle. Lift up your heads, O you Gates! Lift up, you everlasting doors! And the King of Glory shall come in. Who is the King of Glory? The Lord of Hosts, He is the King of Glory. Selah."
Psalm 24:8-10, NKJV

Jesus laid aside his glory and came to earth. Yet He never stopped anyone from worshipping Him. When the little children shouted ‘Hosanna’, He said that if the children were silenced, the very stones would cry out (Luke 19:40).

Thomas worshipped Him when he felt the nail prints in His hands. Peter worshipped Him when He walked on the water. Many were healed by Jesus and worshipped God. Some were so excited that they ran off to tell others, although Jesus told them to tell no one, for He wanted the glory to go to the Father.

In the Book of Revelation, St John, the angels, the living creatures, the elders, the redeemed of God, the saints from every tribe and nation, the holy prophets and the whole host of Heaven worshipped the Lamb of God and King of Glory, who is the Lord of Hosts.

As we open the doors of our hearts to the Lord and enter His courts with praise, the glory of His presence will surround us and ‘He will come in’ for ‘He inhabits the praises of His people’ (Psalm 22:3).

As I finished writing this ‘seed’, Ann Widdecombe, a British politician, came on Premier Christian Radio with her choice of her favourite hymn, which was ‘How Great Thou art’. She said it was a hymn that gave God all the glory, and she loved to do that! I agree with her. Of all the beautiful things to do in this life, to me, there is only one thing that surpasses all others and that is to truly worship the King of Glory.

Prayer: I worship you, Almighty God,
There is none like you.
I worship you O Prince of Peace,
That is what I want to do.
I give you praise, for you are my righteousness.
I worship you, Almighty God,
There is none like you. (Sondra Corbett-Wood)

Today's Writer : Pam Smith
Annukka

James 3:16

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 29.12.2015 19:21

Today's Verse for 12/29/2015
For where you have envy and selfish ambition, there you find disorder and every evil practice. — James 3:16

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse
Thought

So, what are your goals and plans for the New Year? Do you have great dreams and laudable goals? I hope so. But, please join me as I seriously look at why I set the goals I do and make the plans I make. In the afterglow of Christmas, that great season of giving, let's make sure our plans for the future are not selfish or based on envy, lust, or greed. Instead, let's set our hearts to reach great heights for God's glory and to do great things to be a blessing to others. Otherwise, all our attempts to reach great things ultimately will end in chaos, heartbreak, and destruction.
Prayer

Eternal God, please be with me as I seek to set goals for the coming year. I want to do great things for your glory. Please use me to accomplish your will in the world in which I live and in the group of people to whom you have sent me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Today's Verse Illustrated
Annukka

The Lord’s Blessing On You, For the Coming Year!

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 30.12.2015 11:14

30 December, 2015
The Lord’s Blessing On You, For the Coming Year!

Then the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, “Speak to Aaron and to his sons, saying, ‘Thus you shall bless the sons of Israel. You shall say to them: ‘The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine on you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance on you, And give you peace.’ “So they shall invoke My name on the sons of Israel, and I then will bless them.”
Numbers 6:22–26, NASB

These are clearly very important words in today’s text from Numbers 6:22-26. Aaron and his sons were commanded, by God, through Moses, to speak them in blessing over the children of Israel. It seems appropriate to approach this coming year with these powerfully encouraging and healing words resonating within our hearts.

God chose to speak these over His Covenant people through those whom He called to be ministers of His blessing. In the Body of Christ today, we can both speak and receive these words, because they express exactly, and eternally, God’s heart for every one of His children.

Many people are looking for inner peace at this turn of the year. As we seek His truth and His resolution for some of the disquiet in our lives, we can rest in the certain assurance that such a desire for peace is fully in line with God. He’s our heavenly Father and He’s for us. He’s carefully watching over us, and His face shines with joy as we resolve afresh to surrender our lives to Him.

Prayer: Father God, so much is uncertain in this world. These can seem like particularly dark days. However, You don’t change, and these words of blessing over Your people are as relevant today as they were more than three thousand years ago. We choose to receive all that is contained within these words, and to know, deep within our spirits, the true peace of God, no matter what lies ahead. Amen.
Today's Writer : David Cross
Annukka

And when I am worried, His presence calms me down.

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 31.12.2015 21:54

BIBLE MEDITATION:
"For thou hast delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, and my feet from falling." Psalm 116:8.

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Yes, believers can experience loneliness. I believe the Holidays are the loneliest time of the year. People are told everywhere they're supposed to be happy and they realize they're not. They see everybody else acting happy, and they feel so lonely.

Death, divorce, desertion—even travel can make you lonely. Success can make you lonely. You often hear “it's lonely at the top.” You can be lonely in a big crowd. You can be lonely in a mall. Old age makes you lonely. Loneliness is one of the chief maladies of our age, but Jesus promised, "I will never leave thee nor forsake thee."

What I am saying, my dear friend, is that when I am discouraged, His presence sees me through. When I am lonely, His presence cheers me up. And when I am worried, His presence calms me down.

ACTION POINT:
When you are tempted—and oh, you will be tempted this coming year—His presence will help you out. Begin now to practice the presence of the Lord as you enter this new year.
Discover Jesus | Donate | Today's Message
Facebook
Twitter
Website
Devotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

Edellinen

Paluu English part of Forum