tuumis

Devotional

Valvoja: Annukka

Re: Devotional

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 08.04.2015 20:19

Banging on the Doors of Heaven - 08 April 2015

Seeds of the Kingdom

To me
this over ever since and realised (is it just a British cultural thing?) I didn’t like to nag God about it. After all I’d asked nicely once or twice, and after that decided to keep quiet, as it seemed I was ignored.

Don’t get me wrong I’m capable of pacing the floor in desperate, passionate intercession. So why not over this? Remember blind Bartimaeus who just kept on shouting out to Jesus for mercy even though everyone told him to shut up (Mark 10:46-52).

The passage today is Jesus speaking to His disciples regarding persistent prayer and not giving up. ‘So don’t you think God will surely give justice to his chosen people who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? I tell you, he will grant justice to them quickly! But when the Son of Man returns, how many will he find on the earth who have faith?’ (Luke 18:7b-8).

I was reminded of the story in Genesis 32 of Jacob wrestling with God all night and refusing to let go until he’d received God’s blessing. Then I also remembered how the apostle Paul exhorts us to ‘Pray without ceasing’ (1 Thessalonians 5:17), and ‘devote ourselves to prayer’ (Colossians 4:2). I’m feeling challenged about this, are you?

Prayer: Lord, forgive me for not always persisting in prayer; for not trusting you enough to push on and push through to a place of peace; and for not always really believing that you want to heal, not only everyone else, but also me. Thank You for the examples You’ve given us in Your word of people who had faith to believe You for healing and blessing. Please help me, by the power of Your Holy Spirit, to pray in faith. Amen.

Today's Writer : Dotty Cockcroft
Annukka

Hold On with Both Hands

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 09.04.2015 20:16

Hold On with Both Hands

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world, rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which He hath promised to them that love Him?” James 2:5

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Are you facing a struggle in your life today? Perhaps there is a decision that you need to make, but don’t know what to do. Friend, let me tell you the way to find what God wants for you.Take hold of the Lord with both hands and in faith tell Him, “Sink or swim, live or die, once and for all, now and forever, I’m going for You, God.”

John Dryden, the famous English poet, said, “Reason saw not, till faith sprung the light.” Charles Haddon Spurgeon said, “Faith goes up the stairs that love has made and looks out the window which hope has opened.”

ACTION POINT:
You don’t know what God can do through you until you step out in faith. Take that step today.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | Donate | Today's Message
facebook.pngtwitter.png

Devotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

Colossians 2:6

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 10.04.2015 20:30

Today's Verse : Colossians 2:6

HEARTLIGHT

To todaysverse@maillists.heartlight.org

Today's Verse for 04/10/2015

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. — Colossians 2:6

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse
Thought

"New and improved!" That's the key marketing tag to re-introduce an older product that has fallen out of the public perception. Make a few changes, then re-market the old product. Paul wants the Colossians to know that Jesus does not need to be "new and improved." Instead, they need to follow him as Lord just as they did when they first became Christians. That is our need, too. Our lives need to be rooted and nurtured in Christ Jesus as Lord, full of thankfulness for God's incredible gift of grace in his Son.
Prayer

Loving Father and Almighty God, thank you for the gift of your grace given to me in Jesus Christ. Forgive me when I get fascinated by what is simply new or when wanderlust hits and I want something novel. Please make my walk with Jesus fresh each day. Strengthen my appreciation that his lordship in my life will help me face the difficult circumstances along the way and greet the exciting new opportunities each day with joy, strength, hope, and power. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Annukka

Out of Our Comfort Zone

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 11.04.2015 21:00

Out of Our Comfort Zone

LWF Daily Devotional

Today at 11:31 AM

Out of Our Comfort Zone

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“For whosoever shall be ashamed of Me and of My words, of him shall the Son of Man be ashamed, when He shall come in His own glory, and in His Father’s, and of the holy angels.” Luke 9:26

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
How much have you suffered because you have named the name of Jesus? Have you refused to budge on an issue that would dishonor His name? Second Timothy 3:12 says, “All that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.”There’s no escaping persecution for true Christians. We will be persecuted when we endeavor to “live godly in Christ Jesus.”

Now, on the other hand, if you’re not being persecuted, don’t say you must be doing a wonderful job. Very frankly, you’re doing a poor job. Let me ask you: If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you? Regrettably, most people would have to say no.

ACTION POINT:
Get out of your comfort zone today. Check into a short-term mission trip; start a Bible Study; witness to your neighbor; take a homeless person to lunch; take a walk in the park and tell someone that Jesus loves them.

facebook.pngtwitter.png
AR_headshot.jpgDevotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

Are You Ashamed of Jesus? Or Will He Be Ashamed of You?

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 12.04.2015 21:30

LWF Daily Devotional

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.” Romans 1:16

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Are you willing to spend and be spent for the Lord today, or are there just too many other things on your agenda? Are you willing, no matter if it causes blood, sweat, and tears, to be used by the Lord, or are you more interested in where you are going to spend your next vacation?

So many of us are chicken when it comes to witnessing for Jesus Christ. We cluck and duck when the subject of God or religion is raised. We hope no one is looking when we ask God to bless our food in a public place.

We need more of the spirit of the saints who are suffering for the sake of the Gospel this very minute in prisons, in torture, in abuse – all because they profess a love for Jesus Christ. Jesus said, “Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of Me and of My words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of Man be ashamed, when He cometh in the glory of His Father with the holy angels” (Mark 8:38).

ACTION POINT:
God is calling you to leave your comfortable Christianity behind and tell someone that Jesus loves them and wants to save them. Will you do it, or will you be too ashamed? Let this be the year you bring the light of Christ to your dorm, your neighborhood, your apartment building, your baseball team – wherever God has placed you. Let Him use you for His glory!

facebook.pngtwitter.png
Annukka

James 4:14-15

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 14.04.2015 13:56

Today's Verse for 04/14/2015

Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." — James 4:14-15

Thought

"If the Lord wills!" Do you do short term and long range planning? I do. But my planning always has an invisible asterisk: "If Lord, this is your will and your timing." I don't know about you, but God has shown me time and again that if I will be open to him, his timing is always better than my planning. Does that mean I quit planning? Nope. I just plan with prayer, asking for wisdom and the Holy Spirit to help me find God's timing to know and do his will (James 1:5-6 & Ephesians 5:15-18). Life is too short to not plan with prayer and walk led by the Spirit!

Prayer

Not my will, Father, but yours be done this day, and all the days of my life. In Jesus' holy name I ask it. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Annukka

Psalm 145:1-2

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 16.04.2015 20:24

Today's Verse for 04/16/2015

I will exalt you, my God the King; I will praise your name for ever and ever. Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever. — Psalm 145:1-2

Thought

The way we praise God forever, the way we honor our pledge to give him glory for all the days of our life, is really pretty simple: we do it today. As long as we praise God today, the forever takes care of itself. So as you commit to lift high the name of God and praise him for all eternity, remember the place it starts: praise God today — not only in the things that you say, but also in the way that you live!
Prayer

Mighty God and loving Father, today I want to tell you how marvelous and wonderful I believe you to be. You are righteous, faithful, holy, and merciful. You are tender, loving, and yet magnificent in glory and incomparable in strength. You have redeemed me from my sin and given me hope beyond my own death. You have filled my life full of good people and have promised me a home with you. You, O God, are without peer and without rival. You are my King, my awesome and majestic Father. In Jesus' name I praise you, today and forever. Amen.

Today's Verse Illustrated

Inspirational illustration of Psalm 145:1-2
Annukka

1 Timothy 6:6

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 24.04.2015 19:54

Today's Verse : 1 Timothy 6:6

HEARTLIGHT
To todaysverse@maillists.heartlight.org

Today's Verse for 04/24/2015

But godliness with contentment is great gain. — 1 Timothy 6:6

Thought

What determines our financial worth? Do we compute it in terms of dollars, or possessions, or investments? Paul reminded Timothy that ultimate gain, the gain of inestimable value, is really determined by a very simple formula: net worth = (godly character) X (contentment). What would happen if we recognized the truly wealthy as those who were godly in their character and contented with their blessings in life?
Prayer

O LORD God, the one from whom every blessing flows, readjust my values from the greed of this world to a holy set of financial convictions. Conform my character to the godliness that Jesus demonstrated in his daily life. Teach me the contentment that can only be found in you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Annukka

Acts 2:41

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 25.04.2015 17:14

Today's Verse for 04/25/2015

Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day. — Acts 2:41

Thought

Wow! Wouldn't it be great to see 3,000 added to God's people in church today. Those who accepted Peter's message at Pentecost were baptized and the beginning of the early church started with an incredible bang. Earlier that day, only a small group of Jesus' followers had met to pray just as they had done for several days since Jesus' ascension. As night falls in Jerusalem, the number has jumped to over 3,000! Acts 2 stands as a hallmark passage showing us the message of salvation, what the response of open hearts will be, and how the Holy Spirit uses this simple message to bring seeking hearts to salvation and community. Why don't you read Acts 2 today? Jot down what Peter says about Jesus. Notice what Peter tells the people to do to be saved. The Gospel is still just as simple, so let's not only study it; let's share it, praying for God to bring revival to our times and to our broken land!

Prayer

Holy and Most High God, please breathe your Holy Spirit out upon us and bring true revival today to our churches and salvation for thousands who are lost. I pray this, in Jesus' name. Amen.

Annukka

Saved by Faith but Rewarded by Works

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 27.04.2015 19:27

Saved by Faith but Rewarded by Works

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.” 1 Corinthians 3:14-15

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
I believe salvation is attained by grace through faith. That’s not Baptist rhetoric. That’s Biblical doctrine. But do you know what some people do with that?

They say, “Hot dog! I don’t have to do a thing to be saved. I can just get in the top berth of a Pullman car and glide along until we pull into the New Jerusalem.” You know, just catch the next sleeper car to glory.

These people don’t like the idea that as Christians we are all going to stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ. And we are all going to give an account for how we used our time, our resources, and our faith. We are not saved by works, but we are rewarded by works.

“For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.” Ephesians 2:10

ACTION POINT:
Read Romans 14:10-12. How do you plan to spend your day knowing this truth?

facebook.pngtwitter.png
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum