tuumis

Devotional

Valvoja: Annukka

Romans 14:1

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 23.02.2015 17:06

Today's Verse for 02/23/2015

Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. — Romans 14:1

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

Parents are careful and tender with their newborn babies even though babies are demanding, messy, and sometimes difficult. When parents aren't this way with their babies, they are recognized as abusive and dangerous. So if new Christians are newborn children of God, shouldn't our patience be greater, our words more tender, our understanding more generous, and our care more attentive?

Prayer

Father in heaven, forgive me and stir me to action. I am ashamed that I have not done more to nurture those newborn babies in your family. Give me greater patience with their failures and greater passion for their struggles so that they won't have to feel they are journeying on their own. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Annukka

Is Trusting God a Challenge for You?

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 24.02.2015 20:39

Is Trusting God a Challenge for You?

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.” Psalm 37:3

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
This word “trust” is an interesting word. Its root is from the word that means “to lie face down on the ground.”

The idea is that a person is totally helpless. He has been cast down and has nothing to stand upon. Some would say his pins have gone out from underneath him. He has no visible means of support.

That is the place where God wants to bring us—where we have no physical means of support and all we have is God.

As a matter of fact, did you know that God will sometimes knock your feet out from beneath you so that you might learn to trust Him? At that point, faith is no longer an option or a luxury; it is a necessity. To the world your situation looks hopeless, but that is right where God wants to show Himself powerful in your life.

ACTION POINT:
Is there an area in your life today for which you must trust God completely? Perhaps you need some “face time”. . .face down on the ground before the Lord. Bring that issue before Him in total surrender.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | Donate | Today's Message

facebook.pngtwitter.png
AR_headshot.jpgDevotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

Like Father, Like Son?

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 25.02.2015 20:51

Like Father, Like Son?

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of His glory.” Isaiah 6:3

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Of all the reasons I can think of for living a holy life, one of the most important is for us to identify with God. He is the thrice-holy God of Israel. Holy is the Father, holy is the Son, and holy is the Spirit.

What does it mean to be identified with God’s character of holiness? Have you ever heard the expression “like father, like son”? That’s what it means to be identified with God.

I am a Rogers. My father’s name is Arden Duncan Rogers. I have become a partaker of his nature, and you would expect to find his characteristics in me because in the physical realm, he has fathered me.

Because we are God’s children, there ought to be His likeness in our lives and His likeness is holiness.

ACTION POINT:
In prayer today, ask the Lord to point out to you any area in your life that violates His holiness or is holding you back from reflecting His likeness.

facebook.pngtwitter.png
Annukka

Open the Windows—Let in the Light

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 26.02.2015 18:57

LWF Daily Devotional

Open the Windows—Let in the Light

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” 2 Timothy 1:7

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
If you want victory, you must expose the place of your doubts and fears. Many of us are not willing to do that. The devil has intimidated so many of us that we hide our eyes from the sunshine of God’s light. There is really nothing to be afraid of when it comes to the devil.

Do you know what fear is? False Evidence Appearing Real. You can be fooled by false evidence. Take a bank robber with his hand in his coat pocket pretending it is a gun. His power comes from the power of deception. His power is the power of fear!

ACTION POINT:
Friend, victory’s arrows cannot be shot through closed windows. Is there any area of your life that you have been unwilling to open the window on? Turn your face to the light and give it to God.

facebook.pngtwitter.png
Annukka

A Beautiful Mind

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 27.02.2015 13:11

27 February, 2015
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
A Beautiful Mind

He answered, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind”; and, “Love your neighbor as yourself”’.
Luke 10:27, NIV

The human mind is a beautiful thing, complex beyond understanding and intricate beyond imagination. The mind, a part of our soul, is a gift from God to each of us, created to be used as an instrument for His glory. Yet a wrong approach to our mental capacity can hinder this aspect of our service to Him.

On one extreme we can attribute too much authority to the human intellect and overestimate its powers. Thomas of Aquinas (1225 – 1274), a great admirer of Greek philosopher Aristotle, taught that the mind was not fallen (he incorrectly believed only the will was affected by the fall). Ever since, the outworking of this train of thought can traced through Church history. Sometimes human intellectual understanding has been placed above the authority of the Word of God, with disastrous consequences. But our little minds, when compared to God’s boundless wisdom, are only infinitesimal. Has He not said ‘my thoughts are higher than yours’ (Isaiah 55:8)? Did He not set Job in his place after he dared to challenge the wisdom of the Almighty (Job 38-41)? Yet many have rejected God’s wisdom in favour of man`s limited understanding and thus missed out on His blessing.

On the other side, many believers seem to ignore the responsibility to serve the LORD their God will all their mind as He has commanded us. Sometimes the people of God can try to be so ‘super spiritual’ that they deny their humanity! As it is, He has given us minds and He expects us to use them! The Lord wants us to use all of our gifts and talents for His glory, this includes the mind. As with any part of our being, it needs to be exercised, nurtured, fed, grown and developed to be strong and healthy. Additionally, our minds may be in need of God’s healing!

As we endeavour to present ourselves as servant of God I want to encourage us all to consider our ways and take a look at the attitude we have had in regard to this. Have we perhaps relied too much on our mental faculties, or even made an idol out of our intellect? Or, on the other hand, have we failed to serve God with our all of our mind and not pursued the wholesome intellectual growth (which includes cleansing and healing) He intended? His will is that we use our minds in submission to His Word and under the direction of His Holy Spirit. May today be a new day where we bring Him joy by surrendering and presenting ourselves to our Lord and Saviour in a new way.

Prayer: Dear Father God, I thank You for creating me the way You did and for giving me a wonderful mind. Help me to serve You with my mind in the way You intended. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Today's Writer : Peter Brokaar
Annukka

Isaiah 2:22

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 27.02.2015 20:06

Today's Verse for 02/27/2015

Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he? — Isaiah 2:22

Thought

How many times have you been disappointed by someone for whom you voted, betrayed by a friend, been abandoned by a loved one, or let down by a church leader? While we love others and care about them, every other person in our world is just like us — a flawed human being who breathes the same air and walks the same ground as we do. Only One is worthy of our ultimate trust. He showed us by sacrificing what was most precious to him so we could know his love. Let's not put our hope in other mere mortals; only God can safeguard our trust. Let's put our hope in him!

Prayer

Father, you know the broken places in my heart that were caused by the failure of people in my life. I confess that I have sometimes become disillusioned with your way because of the failures and inconsistencies in your people. Deep down I know, dear Father, that their failures do not mean your failure, but it is hard for it not to feel that way. Call me close to you. Give me a more gracious heart toward those who fail me. Establish my faith, strong and firm in you, O LORD. In you I put my trust. In Jesus' name. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Annukka

God’s Timing

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 28.02.2015 20:38

28 February, 2015
God’s Timing

"To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven."
Ecclesiastes 3:1, NIV

We may be watching a ball game and see one player pass the ball to another. The one receiving the ball is in an open space before the opponent’s goal, and with a deft move is able to score the winning goal. The timing was perfect, and the end result could not have been better. The same is true when God moves in relation to an individual’s life. His moves and His timing are perfect.

In the story of Joseph (Genesis 37-46) we see how his brothers meant harm for him. But, as the story develops, we see how God, in control of every situation, brings good out of what appears to be a state of utter hopelessness. Even in an Egyptian prison God was at work in and through Joseph to bring His purposes into fruition. The end result was that Joseph was able, under God’s guidance, to save that nation and his own family from the threat of starvation as a result of a severe famine.

Who but God knows how the details of our lives are going to work out, and who’ll be the recipients of His blessing. When we’re obedient to His leading there’s no knowing where we’ll end up, or who will benefit from His blessings. It’s for us to simply trust Him, obey His leading, and then watch Him do the rest.

We may be going about our regular daily employment, feeling quite fulfilled in it, but unaware that God has something different planned for our life. Then, at a time least expected, God says, “Get up, come, follow me”. This is similar to how Jesus spoke to men who were going about their daily work. In responding those men learned a new way of life, and a way of doing things that was way beyond their normal one.

When God calls a person like that He’s got experiences for them that they never dreamed of. It can be so for any one of us. He might use us to reach others who’re in need of Him. It’s a privilege and an amazing experience. So listen and respond to God with obedience.

Prayer: Father God, I thank You that You know any of the ways I’ve failed to hear and respond to Your leading. Please forgive me, and open my ears so I may hear clearly. Open my heart so I may respond to You in obedience. Use me in the way You’ve planned for me, I pray, so that in all I do and say Jesus is glorified. Amen.

Today's Writer : David Silvester
Annukka

Psalm 103:12

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 01.03.2015 20:32

Today's Verse for 03/01/2015

As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. — Psalm 103:12

Thought

Now that's a long way - from sun rising to sun setting, that's how far God has removed our sins. But the key word is removed. When we sin and come to God in repentance, God doesn't just forgive our sin; he purifies us of all unrighteousness. What was unholy in me is made righteous in him. What was impure is now clean. What was stained is spotless. Why? How? We can now see more fully what the Psalmist could know only in part. God doesn't see our sin, but Jesus' sacrifice. His blood purifies and cleanses us! Our sin is gone and we are clean.

Prayer

Father of mercies, thank you for not only forgiving my sins, but for removing them. I thank you that I can stand before you holy and without fault because of the blood of Jesus and your gracious desire to forgive. I now ask, Righteous Father, that you strengthen me with your Holy Spirit so that my conduct will reflect your estimate of me in Jesus. In the name of the Christ, your Son and my Savior, I pray. Amen.

Annukka

Everything We Need

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 02.03.2015 19:38

02 March, 2015
Everything We Need

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness."
2 Peter 1:3, NIV

I remember God highlighting this verse to me years ago when our three children were small and I was busily trying to meet the demands of babies, toddlers and young children, as well as a hard-working husband who was not around to help with bedtimes! What the Lord showed me then was that we already have everything we need in Him, not just for the so-called spiritual aspects of our lives, but also for the nitty-gritty of life, which for me at that stage involved nappies, washing, and housework. God was as much with me in those as He was in the seemingly ‘holy’ things of life, and in Him I had everything I needed to equip me and enrich me in it all.

His divine power is promised here ‘through our knowledge of Him’. It’s not knowledge about Him that counts; it’s our knowledge of Him, through relationship with Him. It means knowing Him, communicating with Him, and allowing Him into every aspect of our lives. Then we will have all we need for whatever is going on in our lives, and for godliness through it all.

I wonder what is going on in your life today. Maybe it seems very ordinary and mundane. Maybe there are things you’re struggling with – in marriage or family, at work, in relationships, in church or ministry, or in your finances. Be assured that His divine power has given you everything you need. You just need to reach out to Him.

Prayer: Lord, you know everything about my life and the struggles I’m going through today. Thank You that in You I have everything I need. I’m looking to You today and reaching out for Your divine power to help me now. In Jesus’ Name, Amen.

Today's Writer : Jilly Lyon Taylor
Annukka

Are You Mourning Your Sin?

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 03.03.2015 21:25

LWF Daily Devotional

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.” Matthew 5:4

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Jesus purposefully sequenced the Beatitudes in this order because this is the way we grow in sanctification. First, we see our bankrupt condition (Matthew 5:3) then it breaks our heart (Matthew 5:4).

This word “mourn” speaks of the strongest kind of lamentation, not just a sentimental tear. What we need today are men and women who are broken over their sin.

Proverbs 14:9 says, “Fools make a mock at sin: but among the righteous there is favor.” Jesus speaks of this favor when He says that we will be comforted. The Holy Spirit is our Comforter who will strengthen us when we are broken over our sin.

ACTION POINT:
Do you know where we ought to be? On our face before God in bitter tears over the barrenness of our lives, the coldness of our hearts, and the wickedness of our attitudes. And what will be the outcome? We will be comforted.

facebook.pngtwitter.png
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum