tuumis

Devotional

Valvoja: Annukka

Ask, Seek, Knock!

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 08.01.2015 10:07

08 January, 2015
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
Ask, Seek, Knock!

““So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.””
Luke 11:9-10, NIV

When Jesus came to earth, a part of His mission was to show us what Father God is like. So all the things Jesus did demonstrated for us who Father God is. He was compassionate, kind, loving, slow to anger, forgiving, merciful, faithful, patient, correcting injustice, healing the sick, opposing anything or anyone who made it harder to come to know Him. In Him is life, light and truth. The list of those qualities and truths is nearly endless. As you next read the Bible see what you can add to the list. But as you see Jesus, so you see the Father.

Coming to personally know Father God is one of the most amazing journeys that any person on this earth can go through. I know for some it can be very challenging if there’s been a difficult or abusive relationship with your earthly father or you haven’t known your earthly father. But knowing Father God, I believe, should be one of the greatest priorities of every person in every nation.

For me that journey took a whole new depth over 20 years ago when I was at a Christian conference and received a prophetic word. The moment it was spoken I knew it was Father God speaking right into my heart. He said “I’ve heard the cry of your heart and I’m going to show you how much I love you!” Those words changed my life.

The heart of Father God is for us and totally full of love. So today I wanted to share a few verses that are coming from the heart of Father God direct to you. Do you have a need? The Father says to you “Ask and it will be given to you!” Is there something that you’re seeking or searching for? The Father says to you “Seek and you will find!” Or maybe you have a need for a door to be opened. The Father says to you “The door will be opened to you!”

The best part of these beautiful promises is that they’re for everyone who asks, seeks or knocks. The Father delights to give you good things and to bless you. Your responsibility is to bring your needs to Him.

I pray for you today as you read this and you bring your needs to Him, that Father God will show you how much He loves you!

Today's Writer : Lynda Scott
Annukka

DAY 5

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 08.01.2015 22:11

DAY 5

“...in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:6

Amazingly enough, many of the hindrances God has allowed in your life serve to protect you as well. When plans fall through or events don’t turn out as you expect, your first instinct is often to blame God for the disappointment. However, Proverbs 3:5-6 has a different message. “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.”

God knows far more about your future than you ever could. He allows roadblocks so that you will not be diverted from His best. Instead of giving in to self-pity, consider why God has prevented you from continuing. You will come to a deeper understanding of how He heals, protects, and directs you. And you will learn that He is truly trustworthy.

Think of a time that you were disappointed because something didn’t turn out as you expected, but it was only God directing you towards His best for your life. Take a moment to commit your life to the Lord this year however He would lead you.

Prayer

“Lord, it is hard to trust before I understand. But You know all, and I bow to Your knowledge of what is best for my life, in good times and in bad. In Jesus’ name. Amen..”
Annukka

Held Safe in His Hand

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 09.01.2015 14:22

Held Safe in His Hand

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” 1 Peter 1:5

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Believers are “kept” by the power of God. This word “kept” in 1 Peter 1:5 is a military term. It literally means to be garrisoned about as soldiers around a fort.

Think of the power of God as a fortress and you are on the inside. Now how do you feel? Pretty secure, right? So many people get the idea that we keep ourselves safe. Friend, He keeps us.A father was crossing a street with his son. The son had hold of his daddy’s hand, then the light changed and the cars surged forward. The father grabbed his son’s chubby little hand and almost lifted his son across the street to escape the oncoming traffic. That is the way God holds us.

ACTION POINT:
Psalm 37:24 promises, “Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the LORD upholdeth him with His hand.” As you go through your day, place your hand in His and say, “Father, carry me across this day You have given me.”

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | Donate | Today's Message

facebook.pngtwitter.png
AR_headshot.jpgDevotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

DAY 6

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 09.01.2015 21:41

DAY 6

“Who, then, are those who fear the Lord? He will instruct them in the ways they should choose.” Psalm 25:12

Life is one continuous decision making process from childhood through the golden years. Often, the decisions you will be called upon to make will be very difficult and very serious. God is willing to give you clear guidance about every circumstance in your life. However, He desires to be rightly regarded and respected in your life. He asks you to fear Him. To fear and reverence God means comprehending His sovereignty and having confidence in His character. Understanding that God is perfect in His knowledge, all sufficient in His strength, and unconditionally loving toward you is key to trusting Him for your future. The person who does well is the one who fears God, respects Him, yields to Him, seeks Him, and desires to know His mind.

Psalm 25:12 promises, “Who, then, are those who fear the Lord? He will instruct them in the ways they should choose.”

Are you in the midst of a difficult situation?

Prayer

“Lord, today I reverence you and Your greatness, which is beyond human understanding. Teach me to live continually in Your presence, that I would have Your mind, Your heart and become more like You. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

*The only way to know that you will succeed in your fast is to make up your mind and determine right now that you will succeed. Remain faithful for the full length of your Sacred Season. Continue to drink lots of water and stay filled with the Word.
Annukka

2 Corinthians 4:5

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 10.01.2015 19:36

Today's Verse for 01/10/2015

For we do not preach ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus' sake. — 2 Corinthians 4:5

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

Our message is not ourselves. Jesus is Lord. One day all of creation will acknowledge and praise him. But for the people around us to praise Jesus today, they need to see him alive in us. We serve others in Jesus' name. We are his body — his hands of compassion, his heart of mercy, and his voice of tenderness. So let's lift up Jesus — not just by telling others about him, but serving others as his presence in the world.

Prayer

God of grace, thank you for the privilege of sharing your love with others. Thank you for saving me FROM my sin. Thank you for saving me FOR service to bless others for Jesus' sake. In the name of Jesus, my Savior, I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Annukka

DAY 7

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 10.01.2015 19:42

DAY 7

“After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.” 1 Kings 19:12

The Word of God is the standard of truth against which you can test every message that comes your way. Sometimes it may seem as if you are hearing two or more voices, all of which make seemingly good points but also tug you in different directions. It is important that in these times you learn to discern the voice of God.

The most basic principle you can apply to what you’re hearing to know whether it is of God, is whether the message conflicts with Scripture. God won’t tell you to do something that counters what He already has recorded for all mankind. The best way to know God’s voice is to get to know Him. Spend time in His Word and soak in His truths. You must know God’s Word before you can differentiate God’s instructions from the messages Satan or your flesh is sending you.

Investigators are trained to recognize counterfeit money by diligently studying the original, the real thing. Then, held against the standard, the counterfeit stuff stands out.

Are you trying to discern God’s voice in a situation? Look up what the Word says to you about it.

Prayer

“Lord, help me to discern Your voice. I want to differentiate Your message from all others this year. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”

Forward email
Annukka

Galatians 5:6

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 11.01.2015 21:17

Today's Verse for 01/11/2015

For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love. — Galatians 5:6

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

What matters most? Priorities are key in our everyday lives if we are to be successful and productive. This is equally true in our discipleship. We want to concentrate on what is key, essential, and most important. Paul reminds us what is essential: Faith showing itself in loving actions. Faith that does not show itself in loving and helpful action is dead (James 2). Jesus wants our faith to express itself in vibrant and loving service.

Prayer

Almighty God, please forgive me for the times I have lost sight of what is essential and focused on what is peripheral. Please forgive me for the times when my interests and concerns were more important to me than loving service to others. Please give me eyes to see the people you would have me serve today so others may know Jesus' love. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Annukka

Psalm 16:11

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 11.01.2015 21:18

“You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.” Psalm 16:11

Men often have a bad reputation for refusing to request directions while driving. Most of us do not like to admit that we do not know something, even if it means going in circles for hours. We would rather stumble upon the right answer ourselves than ask for help. However, if we must get to a specific destination in a strange town, we need to know how to get there!

It is the same with our lives. We may believe that God has something specific set aside for us, and yet we may not seek His guidance for leading us safely into His plan. How can you arrive at God’s destination if you do not consult the only One who can see where you are going? God’s will is not something that we find “out there” through trial and error. It is something that we find “in Him”, through prayer and Bible study as we seek to know His heart more clearly.

If you have been on a quest to “find God”, stop your searching and simply talk to Him. He knows where you are, and He knows exactly where you need to go.

In what area of your life do you desire God’s direction?

Prayer

“Lord, help me not to waste precious time wandering this year, when I can come directly to You and seek direction for my life. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”
Annukka

Birds of Prey

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 12.01.2015 10:10

12 January, 2015
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
Birds of Prey

"Cast all your cares on Him for He cares for you. Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour."
1 Peter 5:7- 8, NKJV

I went to put some food out for the birds the other day, and there was a fluttering of lots of little birds taking off, and one much larger bird flying away to take refuge in a nearby tree. A sparrow hawk was obviously after his breakfast!

I’ve seen him (or her) around the bird feeders before. Thankfully I’ve never seen a little one being caught, though I’ve occasionally found a mess of feathers on the ground, evidence of a successful breakfast raid. The smaller birds seem to take very little notice and carry on with their everyday existence, accepting that one of their number might be snatched but not worrying too much about it.

Is this rather like us sometimes? We carry on our daily lives, often oblivious to the fact that the enemy is prowling around looking for opportunities to attack. A friend recently pointed out the proximity of the two verses above, suggesting that if we don’t cast all our cares on the Lord, the enemy has easy access to them. I hadn`t thought of it like that before, but if, as Peter says, he’s always looking for opportunities to attack, then when we try to manage our worries and anxieties ourselves we’re leaving an open door for the enemy to ride in and create more problems and burden us still further.

Very often we try to manage things in our own strength. It’s partly because our parents teach us to become independent, able to manage things for ourselves, and that’s how it should be. But we’re then in conflict because the Bible tells us to lean on, trust and rely on God! Sometimes those who’re struggling with stress and anxiety are doing so because they’re trying to manage everything in their own strength, and they’ve got deep into the problems before they realised it. We need to learn to turn each day over to the Lord, with all the cares and anxieties that it may hold, knowing that He does care for us, and will sustain and support us through. Amazingly, God cares about even the little things, and actually wants us to share them with Him

Prayer: Father God, thank You that You care even about the small details of my life. Please forgive me for thinking that You’re not interested. Help me to turn everything over to You and to become less self-reliant and more God-reliant. In Jesus’ name I ask it, Amen.

Prayer for those carrying a lot of stress at the moment: Heavenly Father, I can’t seem to find my way at the moment and I need Your help. Please forgive me for trying to manage things myself. Please help me to cast all my cares on You, and give me wisdom as to how best to deal with the problems. They seem so many at the moment, but with Your help and guidance I can see them through one by one. Thank You, Lord, Amen.

Today's Writer : Angela Weir
Annukka

DAY 9

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 12.01.2015 23:21

DAY 9

“For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.

Jeremiah 29:11

Are you aware that God knows exactly where you are and what you are doing right now? What about tomorrow, or the next day, or the next? God is just as aware of what you will be doing on any random morning five years from now, as He is mindful of what you are doing right now.

You are not bouncing around haphazardly through time and space but the God who created the universe and everything in it, also has a specific plan for you. The Lord revealed this through Jeremiah when he said, “I know the thoughts that I think toward you - thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope”. Hope and the expectation of a bright future are in short supply these days, but we have the assurance of the Almighty God that He already has a plan to provide us with both!

In Christ, the hope for our eternal future is secure. However, God is still intimately interested in your day-to-day living as well. Invite Him into your decisions; only He knows how to get you where He wants to take you.

*Choosing to fast, is to come away from your daily routine and wait upon the Lord with greater intensity; seeking His face and His presence in a deeper way. God will honor the choice you have made and He will bless you. Stay focused in prayer and meditate on His promises.

Forward email
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum