tuumis

Devotional

Valvoja: Annukka

Held in His Hand

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 23.12.2014 21:15

Held in His Hand

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not.” 1 John 3:1

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
You are rich! Jesus became the Son of Man that we might become sons of God. We are saved because of the grace of Christmas. That is not rhetoric—that is reality!

A little boy was talking about eternal security and said, “I am held in His hand.”
A cynic responded, “What if you slip through His hands?”
“Oh, I forgot to tell you,” the boy replied, “I’m one of His fingers.”

You are rich, my friend.

ACTION POINT:
Amidst all the materialism that sometimes chokes out the true meaning of Christmas, take some time to share this Good News with someone today.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | Donate | Today's Message

facebook.pngtwitter.png
AR_headshot.jpgDevotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

Unexpected Gifts

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 24.12.2014 10:32

24 December, 2014
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
Unexpected Gifts

"If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!"
Matthew 7:11, NIV

Oh the excitement of Christmas Eve! If my children are anything like I was as a child, they’ll be unbearably excited today, as they look forward to hanging their stockings tonight and opening their presents tomorrow morning.

It was with great anticipation (and a while ago!) that they wrote their Christmas lists. No doubt they’ll be looking forward to receiving what they’ve asked for. However, Johann and I have added a certain dose of wisdom to their wishes! Of course, they’ll receive some things that they asked for, but not everything, and there’ll be other presents that they haven’t asked for, but we know they’ll love.

As we focus on the birth of Jesus, the most precious Gift of all, let’s be open to the fact that God may not grant us all that’s on our ‘wish list’ for our lives. But may we allow our hearts to be open to God’s surprises, gifts we wouldn’t even think to ask for, but which we’ll love! Often, these are the most precious gifts in our lives and the ones we treasure.

For me, as a mum, my Christmas excitement and anticipation is to see the joy on my children’s faces as they receive what they’ve asked for, as well as the surprises that they’re not expecting. How much more joy there must be for our Heavenly Father, who wants to give us the gifts we desire, as well as those we haven’t even thought of!

Don’t let’s be afraid to ask our eternally generous God for good things, and may we also be open to receive MUCH more than we ask for, both at this special, holy time, and for the rest of our lives.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You that You want to give us good and perfect gifts. Please surprise me with gifts that I wouldn’t even think to ask for, but which will enhance my life in You beyond my wildest dreams! Amen.
Today's Writer : Lindsey Hanekom
Annukka

Isaiah 9:6

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 25.12.2014 16:51

Today's Verse for 12/25/2014

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. — Isaiah 9:6

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

While Jesus is God's Son and Mary's son, according to Isaiah's prophecy, he is also shared with us. Jesus is the child given to the world so you and I can become God's child. What greater gift can we have than Jesus, and through Jesus, God as our Father.

Prayer

O loving Father, nn a day so glorious, when the world pauses and acknowledges your gift of Jesus, all I can think to say is simply "Thank you!" Then I am reminded once again that all I have comes from him, because it is in his name, Jesus Christ, Immanuel, I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Annukka

Whoever

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 26.12.2014 08:10

Whoever

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.”
(John 3:16, NKJV)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

When God sent His Son to the earth, He opened the door of salvation to whoever would believe. That means anyone can become His child and have a personal relationship with Him.

Before Jesus came, people had to observe many laws in order to be holy enough to enter into the temple. They were constantly performing sacrifices to pay for their sins just so they could be around God’s presence. But when Jesus came, He was the final sacrifice. He paid for our sins once and for all. Now, instead of just going to the temple to be near God, the Bible says we are the temple, and He chooses to live inside of us!

As we celebrate Christmas together, remember, Jesus is the ultimate gift to us — the gift of everlasting life. If you’ve never made Jesus the Lord of your life, there’s no better time than today because whoever calls on the name of Jesus will be saved! Pray today’s prayer from your heart and receive the greatest gift!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, to this earth so that I can have a relationship with You. Today I call on the name of the Lord. I receive Jesus as my Lord and Savior. Come into my heart and make me new in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Tweet Now
Annukka

The Day After

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 26.12.2014 13:18

Joni and Friends Daily Devotional December 26, 2014

The Day After

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him, endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." Hebrews 12:2

One of my favorite days of the holiday season is the twenty-sixth of December. The rushed conversations and frantic last-minute purchasing are over. Between Christmas Day and New Year's Eve I take a day or two off, sleep in, get up to a relaxed breakfast, and breathe a sigh of relief.

Later in the morning, we collapse on the couch in front of the fire, play board games, or reopen gifts to take a longer, closer look. We read books and flip through photos. We nibble leftover Christmas pudding and keep a warm pot of coffee for anyone who may happen to drop by. For supper that evening, the menu is more leftovers, perhaps sandwiches of turkey and stuffing. It's casual, homey, and relaxed. But most important, it's simple.

It's a deliberate kind of simplicity. Demands and distractions may have sidetracked us before, but December 26 is reserved for peace and quiet. There's plenty of time to meditate on what the Good News of our Savior's birth really means. There's time to ponder the future and pray. There are more than enough quiet moments to relax in the love of the Lord.

This week, aim for simplicity. The last few weeks may have been filled with baking, shopping, concerts, gift wrapping, and dinner parties, but today, celebrate simplicity as you fix your eyes on Jesus.

Lord Jesus, this week people around the world heralded your birth and celebrated Your gift of love. May the wonder of Your birth remain with me all through this day as I fix my eyes on You. I quiet my heart, I relax my mind, I slow my pace so that I may meditate on Your love, so pure and simple.

Blessings,

Joni and Friends
Annukka

“The Prince of Peace”

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 27.12.2014 09:24

“The Prince of Peace”

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...and his name shall be called...The Prince of Peace.”
(Isaiah 9:6, KJV)

Jesus doesn’t just have peace; He is peace. With Jesus, we can have peace when things around us aren’t peaceful. We can have peace in the midst of the storm. We can have peace when gas prices go up and the housing market goes down. We can have peace that passes understanding because we are connected to the true source of peace — the Prince of Peace!

Do you need peace in any area of your life today? Call on the Prince of Peace. Give Him your burdens and cares. Focus on His goodness knowing that He is working behind the scenes on your behalf. Let His peace lead and guide you. You don’t have to be worried about anything. When God gives you peace, nothing in the world can take it away. Choose today to walk and live in His perfect peace every day of your life!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your peace that passes understanding. I receive Your peace knowing that Your plans are for my good. I cast my cares on You and thank You for leading me and guiding me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
Annukka

Random Acts of Kindness

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 28.12.2014 21:35

Random Acts of Kindness

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great.” Luke 6:35

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
I’ve seen bumper stickers that exhort us to “show random acts of kindness.” I think that’s a good thing. And what is kindness? It’s love in the little things.

A woman came down the aisle of a church to give her heart to Christ, and the preacher wanted to know what had impacted her life for Christ.
She said, “You did.”
The pastor said, “Well, I’d be interested to know what it was that I said that brought you to Christ.”
She said, “It was nothing you said. It was something you did. I was standing nearby when somebody criticized you very unfairly. I saw the kindness with which you responded, and I knew that your faith was real.”

ACTION POINT:
What random act of kindness can you do today that will demonstrate that your faith is real?

facebook.pngtwitter.png
Annukka

John 14:1-3

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 29.12.2014 21:08

Today's Verse for 12/29/2014

[Jesus said,] "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." — John 14:1-3

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

He's coming back! As much as the world likes to remember Jesus' first coming during the Christmas season, we need to remind them that his Second Coming will be even greater. We want to be prepared — lives dedicated to his glory and hearts full of expectation at his coming.

Prayer

Loving God, I know Jesus will come again. May I be found faithful and expectant when he returns. Thank you for sending him the first time to live in my world and take away my sin. Thank you even more for his next coming to take me to live in your world and share in your victory over sin. In the name of Jesus my Lord, I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to
Annukka

Eternity . . .

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 30.12.2014 20:27

Eternity . . .

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.” John 3:16

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Your soul, made in the image of God, will exist forever. I think Billy Sunday, the evangelist, said it this way: “Imagine a little bird taking a grain of sand and flying to a distant planet. It would take him a million years to fly to that distant planet. Then he would drop that grain of sand. Then the little bird would fly back to the earth taking another million years. He gets another grain of sand and flies back to the distant planet.

“Back and forth, back and forth it goes. When he will have transplanted every speck of earth to that distant planet, it will only be breakfast time in eternity.”

Your soul will go on, and on, and on.

ACTION POINT:
Where do you plan on spending eternity? Where do your loved ones plan on spending it? If you don’t know, ask them today and get their salvation on the right side of eternity.

facebook.pngtwitter.png
Annukka

Let Go of What Didn’t Work Out

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 31.12.2014 09:52

Let Go of What Didn’t Work Out

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, nor with things too profound for me.”
(Psalm 131:1, NKJV)

When things happen in your life that you don’t plan, do you find yourself trying to reason it all out, or looking for a place to file it all in your mind? What happens when you can’t find a “file” to put it in? What if you can’t make sense of it all?

Here’s the answer: Every one of us needs to create a file in our thinking called an “I Don’t Understand It” file. When things come up that don’t make sense or you can’t figure out, instead of getting frustrated or confused, simply put it in your “I Don’t Understand It” file and leave it alone. Especially at this time of year. Don’t start the New Year off with old frustrations. Don’t carry bitterness into your season of new beginnings. Don’t put a question mark where God has placed a period. Trust that He is good. Trust that He is working things out for your good. Keep believing, keep praying, keep hoping for the future. Let go of what didn’t work out in 2014 and get ready for the new season God has for you in 2015!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I surrender my questions; I surrender my past; I surrender my need to have all the answers. Today I choose to trust that You have all the answers, and You will reveal all things in time in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen

Tweet Now
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum