tuumis

Devotional

Valvoja: Annukka

Obedience in Tithing

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 17.10.2014 12:49

Obedience in Tithing

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.” Matthew 25:21

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
A man spoke to his pastor one day and said, “I don’t know what’s wrong, but God is not real to me anymore.” The wise pastor asked, “Is there any sin in your life?” In a moment of honesty the man responded, “Years ago I was tithing regularly to God, but one day I thought, 'God doesn’t need the money as much as I do,' so I stopped.”

The pastor said, “Will God say, ‘My child has disobeyed Me. He cannot trust Me with his resources, so I think I’ll bless him with even more financial resources.’ Will God do this?”

Absolutely not. If you’re not faithful with little, He won’t bless you with any more.

ACTION POINT:
Are you faithfully tithing your income to the work of the Lord? If not, it’s time to.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | Donate | Today's Message

facebook.pngtwitter.png
AR_headshot.jpgDevotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

Where Strength and Joy Are Found

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 18.10.2014 08:27

Where Strength and Joy Are Found

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Honor and majesty are [found] in His presence; strength and joy are [found] in His sanctuary.”
(1 Chronicles 16:27, AMP)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

Do you need more strength and joy in your life? The Bible tells us that in God’s presence, there is fullness of joy — the most abundant and complete! And when you have His joy, you have His supernatural strength. There’s nothing that can come against you when you are filled with the strength and joy of the Lord.

Notice this verse says that strength and joy are found in His sanctuary. One translation says they are found “where He is.” Do you know “where He is?” His Spirit is alive in every believer. It also says that He inhabits, or manifests, in the praises of His people. That means when you begin to praise and worship God, either corporately in a church setting or privately in your personal time, God’s presence is there. You are His sanctuary, and when we worship together, God shows up in a special way.

Anytime you feel depleted or overwhelmed by life, just begin to sing a song of praise to Him. Declare His goodness and faithfulness. Draw near to Him, and He will draw near to you. He’ll fill you with His joy and strength because in His presence is where that’s found!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I bless You today. I thank You for Your goodness in my life. Thank You for filling me with Your strength and joy as I praise and worship You this day in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
Annukka

God’s Mighty Men and Women

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 19.10.2014 09:39

19 October, 2014
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
God’s Mighty Men and Women

"These are the names of the mighty men whom David had."
2 Samuel 23:8, NKJV

Today I was reading in Samuel about ‘David’s mighty men’ and marvelling at their feats. Through them, God accomplished His purposes and established David’s earthly kingdom. They stood out from the rest of Israel’s army, because they were especially courageous, committed and available to be used. It then dawned on me that each one of us is called to be God’s mighty man or woman. Through us, God wants to prove Himself strong, accomplish exploits, and establish His eternal kingdom. The thought is mind blowing!

What does a mighty man or woman look like, you may well ask. Firstly they take God at His Word, and expect Him to accomplish the impossible through them. They’re not mighty in their own strength, but mighty because God’s anointed them with Holy Spirit, and with power from on high. They know their God as God Almighty, and step out in faith, knowing that all the resources of heaven are at their disposal. No request of theirs is too big for God to answer, so they dare to ask big things of their big God! Their understanding is not limited by their humanity. Their hearts beat with God’s heartbeat, and they see with God’s eyes.

In the coming days, a superficial knowing of God won’t suffice. Such Christians won’t be able to stand. God’s looking for men and women in our generation, called by His name, who’re willing to push against the darkness, and forbid it to advance any further. He’s looking for faithful children who will usher in the Kingdom of God. They will boldly and passionately preach the good news to the poor. Through their sacrificial service God will heal broken hearts, set captives free, bring comfort to those who grieve and transform lives. The lame will walk, the blind will see and the kingdom of darkness will shudder.

These people won’t be obvious choices, either. As the people marvelled at Samson’s supernatural strength in the book of Judges, people will marvel at what God accomplishes through these people. When asked where their strength and ability comes from, they will point to our God. Rivers of life and love will flow through them, and everyone who crosses their path will get wet! They’ll be known in heaven and on earth as God’s mighty men and women. Perhaps overlooked and even despised by mere men, but exalted and honoured in the eyes of our God!

Where do you and I fit into this picture? Believe it or not, we actually get to choose. According to your faith, let it be (Matthew 9:29).. It doesn’t matter much to me if I’m considered great in the eyes of mere men. Often what man applauds, God barely notices, or doesn’t value. But to be known as one of God’s mighty women, that’s an entirely different matter. I want my life to count for eternity. One day we’ll all stand before our God and have to give an account of how we lived our lives here on earth. When I’m asked, “What did you do with the life I gave you?” I want to be able to answer “I lived it for Your glory!” How about you? We’ll have all of eternity to celebrate our victories but only have a few hours on earth to actually accomplish them. Make a decision today that your life will count for the kingdom of God.

Prayer: God I want to be one of Your mighty men or women. I commit my life to You afresh today and say, ‘Let your kingdom come and let your will be done. To You, and You alone, be all glory and honour and praise. Amen.

Today's Writer : Sue Dare
Annukka

Let Your Light Shine

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 20.10.2014 11:45

20 October, 2014
Let Your Light Shine

"You are the light of the world, A city on a hill cannot be hidden, Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand and it gives light to everyone in the house."
Matthew 5:14, NIV

The stars are visible on a clear night and you see them shining brightly. It’s almost like one complements the others, and together they produce a spectacular sight for all to see. Jesus called us the light of the world, and a city on a hill that can’t be hidden. We’re the light reflecting Him to the world.

Our light shines when we act or react to life in ways that contrast to the ways of the world we live in; an age where darkness is trying to rule. The world is getting darker and darker as the days progress. This is all the more reason we need to shine.

Wherever we are, and whatever we do, we have a cloud of witnesses around us. They’re watching us to see how we react in all situations. We should let our light shine the brightest when the contrast with darkness is the greatest. In order for light to be noticed it must shine in darkness. When you turn on a powerful flashlight on a sunny day it can hardly be seen, but, in the dark of the night, it’s a bright beacon. So it is with us. When we do the works of righteousness in Church they’re good, but they don’t stand out as the same acts would outside the church.

Most Christians live and work among unbelievers, but to every one of us there’s a call to witness for Christ. We’re to be active in our faith and more passionate about God than anything else.

Perhaps the marketplace provides the greatest opportunity to demonstrate the difference that having Christ in our lives makes. When we act or react in ways that are consistent with Him, His teachings, and His ways, and in contrast to the world and it`s ways, our light shines.

It’s not easy to constantly shine. We can only do it with the help of the Holy Spirit. He reflects God’s character in us, and leads us to doing His will. He fills us with oil and keeps us shining.

We start where we are, and work at growing from that point. No one has arrived yet. We’re all in the process. The point is to press on toward the high mark of the upward call of God in Christ. ‘May your light so shine among men, that they may see your good works and glorify your father in Heaven’ (Matthew 5:16). ‘This little light of mine, I`m gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I`m gonna let it shine. This little light of mine, I`m gonna let it shine. Let it shine, let it shine, let it shine’.

Prayer: Lord please helps me to shine bright for You.! I want my light to shine before men for Your Glory. Enable me by Your Holy Spirit to passionately represent You. Amen.

Today's Writer : Joan Rono
Annukka

Psalm 40:8

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 21.10.2014 19:45

Today's Verse for 10/21/2014

I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart. — Psalm 40:8

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

Too many of us are paranoid about the word law and find it hard to hear a scripture like this. But we must recognize that the goal of the New Covenant of grace and the gift of the Spirit is that God's law is written on our hearts and demonstrated in our lives. God is not concerened that it be written on tablets of stone. Jeremiah prophesied of such a day when the focus of God's people would be their desire to do God's will — a passion to love the things our Father loves and despise the things he despises.

Prayer

Abba Father, I do want to do your will. I want to please you, glorify you, and lead others to you. Give me spiritual discernment to know your will and spiritual courage to do it today. I want your character and righteousness to inform my heart when I am tempted by Satan not to live for you. Humble me gently when I am wrong or have lost my way. In the mighty name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Annukka

Abundant Life

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 22.10.2014 09:21

22 October, 2014
Abundant Life

(Jesus said) ‘I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved. They will come and go freely and will find good pastures. The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life’
John 10:9-10, NLT

Recently I was listening to someone give a testimony. They were saying that they’d spent most of their thirty or more years as a Christian wearing black and being a mousey servant. They’d believed that they were only worthy to die, because Jesus had had to die for them. So they were somehow trying to make up for it; to pay him back. The thief and robber had stolen from them the truth of what Jesus intended: that we should have ‘a rich and satisfying life’. Praise God this person was being set free to enter into this new life in Christ and beginning to enjoy a full and satisfying life. They’re now walking in the gifting that God has given them. They’re far from mousey and, also now enjoy wearing bright and pretty colours. Jesus didn’t just die for us. He was raised again, that we might also rise again, to new life in Him.

My own testimony is a bit similar. Not that I wore black, but just that I always felt a bit guilty if I wasn’t doing something that was specifically for God. I could only listen to worship music and read Christian books. Work was an intrusion into serving God. It’s such a relief to be free from that attitude, and be able to enjoy and rejoice in all sorts of things, that could be said to make up a rich and satisfying life; including music, art, creativity and work.

I was sad and rather shocked recently when I overheard a group of women chatting in their lunch break. They were sharing stories of how they’d taken their children to various scary things for Halloween and how terrified the children had been. They thought it was very funny. It made me think a bit more about abundant life and what it means. I got home to find the local paper full of stories about the alcohol problems among the young people on Friday and Saturday nights in the local town and how every bus shelter for eleven miles had been smashed. How differently the world sees abundant life. They’ve been blinded by the lie of the enemy whose purpose, as Jesus said, is to ‘steal, kill and destroy’.

Prayer: Thank You, Father,, that Jesus not only died, but rose again. He’s rescued us from being victims of the thief’s purpose to steal, kill and destroy, and we can now enter into the rich and satisfying life that’s Your purpose for us. Lord, as we do that, may we be witnesses to those in the world who don’t know You, and don’t understand what abundant life is like. Amen.

Today's Writer : Dotty Cockcroft
Annukka

Galatians 6:2

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 22.10.2014 21:36

Today's Verse for 10/22/2014

Carry each other's burdens and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. — Galatians 6:2

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

I feel so burdened myself, that sometimes I can't even see others burdens. But Jesus reminds me that if I am to be like him, I will be a burden carrier. This is why he came, why he died, and why his resurrection is so important — to lift from us the burdens of sin, death, and depravity. He has blessed us by carrying our heaviest burdens so that we might lighten the load of those around us.

Prayer

Compassionate Father, help me to see the burdens in the lives of others around me and then respond to those burdens with help. I want to be a blessing to the broken and discouraged, so please help me find my place and my way of serving to your glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Annukka

Love

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 23.10.2014 09:24

23 October, 2014
Love

"Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."
Psalm 42:7, NIV

Haunting questions such as “What is love?”, “Will I ever be loved?” and “Does true love exist?” echo through the lyrics of many well-know songs, fill vast numbers of poems, form the basis for classic epic films and, most of all, resonate in the heart of every member of the human race. Perhaps the fact that this question is being pursued so intensely speaks of that fact that most of mankind is searching but isn’t finding a satisfying answer.

The truth is that ALL of us have been born with a deep need to be loved unconditionally for who we are, with no strings attached. The reality is that this love-hunger is a God-given need, not just a human desire, and definitely NOT a weakness! Life becomes unbearable without being loved, and without being in loving relationship. This is how we were made by our Creator God.

Though we all have this deep need, we can tend to minimise or suppress the longing inside. Why? Are we afraid we’ll never be loved as we truly want to be loved? Or do feel embarrassed or ashamed that we do have a deep need, even though perhaps, on many other levels, we have a comparatively good life?

Based on my understanding of the Word of God, I can confidently assure you that God wants to meet your need for love, as He’s done, and is doing, in many other of His children. He created you to be loved. He knows about your need, and He wants to meet it.

One thing which is critical is that we own, and don’t deny, the existence of this need. It may be very deep, somewhat hidden or almost quenched. But it’s certainly there, because God created you for the purpose of deep, loving, satisfying relationship. You may need to own and embrace the fact that you’re still in need of love, and owning this reality may hurt.

You may also need to ask God if there are any sources of false comfort in your life that keep you from truly reaching out to love. False comforts may seem comforting, but don’t forget, they’re false - they never really satisfy your heart. In fact they disappoint, and make you feel all the more unloved, or perhaps even unlovable, in the end.

Cry out to God from the depths of your heart that you may know His satisfying love. Ask Him to help you connect to the need inside and not to deny it. Ask Him to show you the false comforts which you’ve embraced in efforts to numb the aching pain. God wants you to know His love.

Today's Writer : Peter Brokaar
Annukka

The Just Shall Live by Faith

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 23.10.2014 19:04

The Just Shall Live by Faith

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.” Romans 1:17

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Is God righteous? Yes. And how is the righteousness of God revealed? It is revealed from faith to faith. God gives you truth. You believe that truth; God gives you more truth.

The more you obey the light, the more light you get.

The reason some of us don’t understand the Bible any more than we do is that we haven’t been living up to the light God has already given us. It’s time we began taking God at His Word and obeying it. If we begin obeying the small things we understand, God will enlighten our path to help us understand the things we don’t understand.

ACTION POINT:
Ask God today to give you understanding into the depths of His Word so that you can begin to share His truth in greater ways with the lost around you.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | Donate | Today's Message

facebook.pngtwitter.png
AR_headshot.jpgDevotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

Quicksand

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 24.10.2014 19:02

24 October, 2014
Quicksand

"I waited patiently for the LORD; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on solid ground and gave me a firm place to stand."
Psalm 40:1-2, NIV

I think the word ‘mire’ describes something like quicksand. I went to a school that was located near a sandy field. We were frequently warned not to go there, or play in the sand. I remember the temptation of wanting to try and see what it was like, which I never did, thankfully.

David describes the feeling of sinking in mud and mire. It’s a place of despair, helplessness, fear, turmoil and hopelessness. When a victim falls into quicksand two things happen; they are doomed to die unless someone else comes in and rescues them, and if they try and struggle to get themselves out they sink further in.

David is telling us in the Psalm that God will lift us out of the quicksand of our despair. When life’s troubles come upon us, many times we struggle and fight, sinking deeper and deeper into the quicksand of despair, until we’re helpless and hopeless. Many times we find ourselves buried so deep that we’re barely able to keep our heads above the sand in the midst of all our problems.

We needn’t wait until we’re neck-deep to call on God. When we find ourselves stuck in the pit of misery and despair we’re to call upon God for rescue. It’s when we struggle and fight on our own that we find ourselves in danger of succumbing to the troubles that overtake us. We must learn to cry out to our God. He’ll hear our cries, and He’ll turn our failure into regeneration, our grief into joy, and our helplessness into hope.

When Peter walked on the water towards Jesus he learnt that only faith in Jesus could make him stay afloat. When you feel like you’re sinking in a pit of despair, call out to Him. He knows the way out. He’s the solid ground, and the arm that lifts you out!

Prayer: Lord, I know that I need You. Only You can lift me up from the pit and put me on solid ground. I cry out to You. Please help me. Amen.

Today's Writer : Joan Rono
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum