Valvoja: Annukka

He Doesn’t Need a Cloud

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 22.07.2014 08:22

He Doesn’t Need a Cloud

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"Is anything too hard for the LORD? . . ."
(Genesis 18:14, NIV)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

One day, we were in the backyard on a beautiful, sunny day. We were just enjoying the blue sky when all of the sudden, out of nowhere, it began to rain even though there wasn’t a cloud in the sky. It was as blue as can be. The sun was out and very bright. But for about three minutes, there was this downpour. We thought, “Where in the world is this rain coming from?”

It was like God was saying, “I can make it rain whenever I want to. I can use a little cloud, a big cloud or no cloud. I’m God. I’m the All Powerful Creator of the universe. When I say rain, I don’t need a cloud. When I say healing, I don’t have to have medicine. When I say promotion, I don’t need your boss’s approval. When I say abundance, I don’t need a bank. I’m not limited by the natural. I’m a supernatural God.”

Whatever you are facing today, know that God has the answer no matter what things look like in the natural. Trust Him because He can make a way where there seems to be no way. He can make something out of nothing, and He doesn’t need a cloud to make it rain!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I praise You today because You are worthy. I trust that You are working behind the scenes on my behalf. I believe that You can make a way out of no way, and I look for Your rain of blessing in every area of my life in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
Annukka

Bringing Up Godly Children in an Ungodly World

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 22.07.2014 19:11

Bringing Up Godly Children in an Ungodly World

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“O God, Thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared Thy wondrous works.” Psalm 71:17

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Satan is on a killing spree—he wants to kill our memory and set us awash in the sea of forgetfulness without any recollection of our Christian heritage as a nation.

Tragically, he’s aiming his artillery at our children, and particularly in the place where they used to grow in the knowledge of good things—the public school. Prayer is out. Police are in. Bibles are out. Values clarification is in. The Ten Commandments are out. Social engineering is in. Creation is out. Evolution is in. History is out. Revisionism is in. God says we need to remember the generation to come.

ACTION POINT:
You have an important job—to influence the lives of those who will come after you. Teach them to walk in the ways of the Lord and against the tide of the world.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | Donate | Today's Message

facebook.pngtwitter.png
AR_headshot.jpgDevotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

When Your Faith is Everything!

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 24.07.2014 10:49

24 July, 2014
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
When Your Faith is Everything!

“No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Romans 8:37-39, NIV

I was deeply moved and challenged the other day as I read the London Daily Telegraph’s account of the ultimatum that had been given by the new Islamic rulers in Northern Iraq. The message that went out to every Christian family was ‘convert to Islam, leave or be executed’. Their houses were daubed with the words ‘Property of the Islamic State’ and as the Christians fled the region their possessions, cars, phones, whatever they were carrying was confiscated from them. One Bishop was quoted as saying, “All we have left is our faith” as they walked into the unknown. For the first time in 1600 years there are now no believers left in the city of Mosul.

The Bishop’s words deeply challenged me. In their extreme situation these brave believers valued their faith above everything – nothing was worth more to them than their belief and trust in the living God. I looked around at everything that we considered home and couldn’t hold back the tears of empathetic suffering with our brothers and sisters in Iraq who had just lost everything, yes everything – except what mattered most to them.

They were living out in today’s world, the reality of what Paul had written about to the Romans two thousand years earlier. When Paul himself was facing death through persecution, he declared in his letter, and through the Scriptures to believers throughout the rest of time, that whatever happens, there is absolutely nothing that can ever separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus.

As I prayed for those exhausted, but faith-filled believers, the Lord challenged me to ensure that the wonderful truth of today’s Scripture would always be engraved on my own heart. He challenged me never to depart from the reality of living with such a grip on God’s eternal truths, so that whatever happens I can rejoice in Paul’s wonderful words. It is only when the security of everything we have in this world is threatened that we can fully realise how much we love and depend on the Lord – for everything!

Prayer: Thank You, Lord, that everything we have in this world is nothing compared with the reality of knowing your love in Christ Jesus. Help me never to forget those who are suffering for their faith and to live for you in the sure knowledge that there is nothing that can ever separate me from your love. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Today's Writer : Peter Horrobin
Annukka

Your Sun and Shield

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 25.07.2014 08:08

Your Sun and Shield

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless."
(Psalm 84:11, NIV)

God wants to pour out His favor and goodness in your life. He longs to be your sun and shield. What does that mean? The sun lights our way; it keeps us warm; it nourishes the plants of the earth so that we can have food. The entire earth is sustained by its relationship to the sun, and God wants to sustain you through your relationship with Him. He wants to be your shield of protection against all the fiery darts of the enemy, and He wants to light and direct your path.

Is there someone or something else you’ve been relying on for protection or direction? Why don’t you let go of whatever you’ve been leaning on and choose to lean of God. Open your heart and trust that He has great things for your future. Receive His favor, blessing and protection today because He is your sun and shield!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for directing and guiding me. Thank You for nourishing my heart and mind as I daily put my trust in You. Show me Your ways so that I can walk with You all the days of my life in Jesus’ name! Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
Annukka

Eating From All the Other Trees

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 26.07.2014 10:44

26 July, 2014
Eating From All the Other Trees

And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, “Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat; but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil you shall not eat, for in the day that you eat of it you shall surely die.”
Genesis 2:16-17, NIV

In the beginning the Lord created a garden, put Adam and Eve in it, and spoke what we’ve just read in our verse for today. The Garden of Eden, before the fall, must have been a stunning place! I can only imagine it would have been infinitely better than the best place on earth as we know it - and there are some truly amazing spots on this globe!
We learn that mankind transgressed the only commandment given to them. Adam broke covenant, commented Hosea (Hosea 6:7). Satan enticed them, and, in this, led Adam and Eve along a disastrous path, which ultimately caused them to doubt God’s integrity. Could they really trust God? Was God’s commandment truly good? Or was their Creator, in some way, untrustworthy?

We’ve probably already studied the history of the transgression of this commandment and its implications. It certainly is extremely important. But the question I want to look at today is: How much have we understood God’s intentions as described in verse 16? - ‘Of every tree of the garden you may freely eat’. Do we understand and trust that God is truly good, having created good things for us to enjoy, having our best interests at heart? Or do we mostly focus on the negative commandments: ‘Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle’?

Satan is always out to lead us into mistrusting our heavenly Father. Has he been able to somehow convince us, or sow some form of doubt, trying to make us see God, not as someone Who has provided many good things for us to enjoy, but as some mean person Who just wants us to not do certain things?

Since the beginning God created an incredible world, filled to the brim with things mankind is free to enjoy. We can enjoy scenery, hobbies, sports, science, company, work, worship, relationships, and nature. But do we? Do we revel in what He’s given us? Or are we held back by feelings of guilt, doubt or religiosity - indeed any form of mistrust?
I can’t help but think that, if God’s people would fully embrace and enjoy the good things He’s given this world, (in a righteous and God-honouring way of course), we’d become the most attractive bunch of people on earth. We’d be attractive to unbelievers, who’re engrossed in sin and filth. Wouldn’t this be a great way of glorifying our heavenly Father?

Prayer: Father, thank You for all the lovely things You’ve made. Please help me to enjoy Your world in a right way, so You may be glorified. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Today's Writer : Peter Brokaar
Annukka

Failure Is Not Final

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 27.07.2014 17:33

Failure Is Not Final

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“O love the Lord, all ye His saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful.” Psalm 31:23

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Ty Cobb and Babe Ruth were two of the greatest baseball players of all time. Ty Cobb was known for his record number of stolen bases, and Babe Ruth was known for his record number of home runs. What you may not know is that Ty Cobb was also thrown out more than any other man in baseball trying to steal bases. And Babe Ruth struck out more than any other man in baseball! These fellows didn’t let their failures stop them, and neither should you!

Fix your goal.
Face your faults.
Forget your failures.
Failure in the Christian life is not final.

ACTION POINT:
Maybe you or someone you know is feeling discouraged today. Remind them or yourself of the promise in Philippians 4:13.

. View or Share online | Discover Jesus | Donate | Today's Message

facebook.pngtwitter.png
AR_headshot.jpgDevotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

Philippians 3:14

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 28.07.2014 12:43

Today's Verse for 07/28/2014

I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. — Philippians 3:14

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

The way to walk a tightrope is to keep ones sight on the goal, never looking down to the ground nor over our shoulder at what is behind. The way to walk with Jesus is to keep our eye on the goal, his victory waiting for us when he returns, not on the ground (our failures) and not what is behind (our accomplishments). The goal of the Christian walk is to keep walking toward Jesus until we walk with him in heaven.

Prayer

Lord, I look forward to the day when you call me by name and walk hand in hand with me. Until that day, help me fix my eyes on what you want me to be and not what I've done. By your grace and in the holy name of Jesus I ask it. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Annukka

God’s Dream for Your Life

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 29.07.2014 08:10

God’s Dream for
Your Life

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“ ‘My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,’ says the LORD. ‘And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine.’ ”
(Isaiah 55:8, NLT)

We all have dreams and goals. We do our best to stretch our faith and believe that one day, if we work hard enough, get the right breaks or meet the right people, we’ll see that dream come to pass. In our mind, that would be big. A great accomplishment. But, what’s big to us is not big to God. He created the universe. He spoke worlds into existence. God’s dream for your life is so much bigger than your own. See, we think ordinary; God thinks extraordinary!

Today, whatever you’re dreaming about, whatever you’re believing for, know that God’s dream for your life is far greater. He wants to supersize it. He’s an overflow God. Ephesians says, “God can do exceedingly, abundantly above and beyond what we think.” Why don’t you take the limits off of God? You may not see a way, but God has a way. One touch of God’s favor can take you further than you could go on your own in a lifetime. Be open to God’s dream for your life and embrace the fullness of the blessing He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for loving me and having such a wonderful plan for my life. Help me to see the great things You have for me. Show me Your love today as I keep my heart and mind stayed on You in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
Annukka

Don’t Settle Where You Are

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 30.07.2014 08:14

Don’t Settle Where
You Are

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him.”
(1 Corinthians 2:9, NLT)

God did not create you to live a little life with little dreams, little goals, little passion, little influence. God thinks big. He thinks abundance. He thinks expansive. He told the Israelites, “I am bringing you into a wide land, a spacious land flowing with milk and honey.” God has something bigger, something better, something more rewarding in front of you. Don’t get comfortable where you are. It’s easy to think, “Well, God’s blessed me. I’m happy. I’m healthy. I have no complaints.” That’s good to always be grateful. You should learn to be happy where you are, but don’t settle where you are. God never performs His greatest victories in the past. They’re always in the future.

Remember today, you haven’t touched the surface of what God has in store for you. He’s going to open doors you never dreamed would open. He’s going to bring talent out of you that you didn’t know you had! You’re going to see explosive blessings that thrust you to a new level. Keep praying, keep hoping, keep believing and don’t settle where you are. Embrace the blessing God has in store for your future!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for big dreams and visions for my life. I trust that You are taking me higher and leading me to increase, first in You, and then in my influence in the world around me. I refuse to settle and trust that You are at work in Jesus’ name! Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
Annukka

Sin and Temptation

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 31.07.2014 09:08

31 July, 2014
Sin and Temptation

"And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway."
Romans 7:18-19, NIV

I was challenged the other day to think more deeply about this passage. I’ve always loved it just because I can relate to it. However, reflecting on the fact that God’s chosen apostle to the Gentiles wrote this, the man who wrote half the New Testament; the half which frequently focusses on how to live the Christian life, opened up a number of questions. This is the man who also, in several places, encouraged his readers to follow his examples of how to live (2 Thessalonians 3:7).

So was Paul just a hypocrite saying one thing and doing another? I don’t think so. In John 3:19-20 Jesus said, `God`s light came into the world, but people loved the darkness more than the light, for their actions were evil. All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed`. Paul was seeking to walk in the light of Jesus, so therefore his sins were being exposed. The closer we come to the bright light the more the imperfections show up.

Remember too that, when Jesus came, the Jews were seeking to live by the Law that said: don’t murder, don’t commit adultery. But Jesus said that if you think your brother is a fool, it`s the same as murder. If you look at another person with wrong sexual thoughts, that`s the same as adultery. Jesus was saying that we need to keep the Law with our whole body, soul and spirit. It`s a far higher standard than they thought in God`s Kingdom.

The other thing to consider is that Satan wants us to sin, and we wouldn’t do it if it was obvious and unpleasant. So he makes it seem harmless and pleasant. My friend said, "If he wants to tempt me to gluttony he doesn’t use tapioca pudding, because I hate it. He tempts me with curry and chocolate cake".

It got me thinking about the kind of things which tempt me; the temptation to join in the whinging conversation about someone or something. The temptation, when at a function where free champagne is flowing, to drink too much of it.

Don’t forget the answer to these problems is in verses 24 and 25 of Romans 7: `Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord`.

Prayer: Thank You, Father, for sending Jesus to set us free from a life dominated by sin. Thank You for sending the Holy Spirit to convict us of our sin. Today I am choosing to walk in the light of Jesus. Amen.

Today's Writer : Dotty Cockcroft
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum