tuumis

Devotional

Valvoja: Annukka

Hurt Hoarders

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 06.06.2014 10:08

06 June, 2014
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
Hurt Hoarders

"Get rid of all bitterness, rage, anger, harsh words, and slander, as well as all types of evil behaviour. Instead, be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you."
Ephesians 4:31-32, NLT

I wouldn’t consider myself a hoarder. Hoarders are those people who live in houses where you can’t move for stuff – where you have to climb over old pizza boxes and record players piled to the ceiling to get to the bathroom, right? I’m definitely not at that stage but as I opened my laundry cupboard this morning to be hit on the head by an empty Amazon box, followed by an even bigger empty shoe box falling from the top shelf, I did wonder if I was heading in that direction.

We must have at least twenty empty Amazon, Nike, Adidas, and random boxes stored in our laundry cupboard on the top shelf. There’s no reason for them to be there and they regularly drive us all nuts by falling out when the door’s opened. Why do I keep them there then? I don’t know… it’s just what I do! There’s no other reason for it except I wonder if I may need a box possibly, ever … and for years I’ve just shoved them in, glad they’re out of sight.

I store boxes and they fall on our heads, but what else can we hoard in the dark cupboards of our hearts without being aware of what we’re doing? I never thought I was the sort of person to store up hurt and bad feeling in my heart, until I felt God revealed to me that I was in fact guilty of sometimes being a ‘hurt hoarder!’ I thought I was quick to forgive and bring things to the Lord – it never occurred to me that, even though I was asking the Lord to heal the hurt, there were times I was still keeping hold of the offence in my heart and, without even realising it, I was storing it away.

If we store away hurt and offence no wonder we end up such a target to being hurt again. The enemy must love it. Over and over the same button can be pressed and we feel the same overwhelming feelings come over us like a flood.

When hurt is hoarded it isn’t just pain we feel, but anger and injustice and … dare I even say it … bitterness. We wish it wouldn’t but bitterness grows so quickly in the darkness of our store cupboard. Then someone mentions the person that we’ve been hurt by, or who treated us unjustly, and, without warning, the emotions rise and spill out!

When people hurt us there’s no getting around it, we feel hurt. When we feel ill-treated, criticised, devalued, misunderstood or disrespected it’s hard. Betrayal, rejection, spite … they’re all horrible things to experience, and there’s no belittling how it can stab our hearts and severely dint our sense of self-worth and identity. God has huge compassion and care for us, and knows all the hurts we experience. But God also has a path to freedom and healing that sees us truly healed from the past, not carrying it heavy in our hearts – storing it away, just because that’s what we do without thinking about it!

I’m going to sort through the boxes in my laundry cupboard, and each time one falls on my head, I’m going to deal with it properly – not just shove it back in and hope for the best. In the same way let’s decide afresh from now on to deal with the storehouses of our hearts - to truly forgive and release when people hurt us or cause us offence. Let’s also allow the Lord to convict us where we’ve stored hurt, offence and bitterness in our hearts, so we can repent and He can clean it out. It will make room for the Lord to fully bring His healing in.

Prayer: Lord Jesus, I want to say sorry for sometimes hoarding hurts and offence in my heart. Lord, I want to bring them into the light today and say I’m sorry for any offence and bitterness in my heart towards …* (insert name*) I choose to forgive them afresh today for the ways in which they hurt me. I release them from myself and from any judgement I’ve held over them, and I speak blessing on them in Your name, Lord Jesus. Father God, please help me learn a new way of bringing my hurt and offence to You and to allow You to bring your healing in as I truly forgive – I don’t want to store up offence in my heart any more. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Today's Writer : Cath Taylor
Annukka

Thoroughly Equipped

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 07.06.2014 08:27

Thoroughly Equipped

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Every scripture is God-breathed…so that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
(2 Timothy 3:16–17 AMP)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

God has equipped you with everything you need to fulfill your destiny through His Word. The Scripture tells us that as believers in Jesus Christ, we are anointed. The word “anointing” is the power of God which gives you courage, strength and ability. When you put the Word of God in you, you are receiving that anointing, you are building your faith, and you are being equipped for every good work.

The next time you start to wonder if you have what it takes, go to God’s Word and stir up your faith. Focus on His truth which says you are well able to do what He has called you to do. You can accomplish your goals. You have the ideas, the creativity, and talent to be successful. You can overcome every obstacle! You’ve been armed with strength for every battle; the forces that are with you are greater than the forces that are against you, and you are thoroughly equipped!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for equipping me. Thank You for empowering me. Help me stay focused on Your Word and Your plan for me today. I trust that You have equipped me and called me for Your purpose in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
Annukka

Living With Healing

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 08.06.2014 09:41

08 June, 2014
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
Living With Healing

“Then Jesus turned to the paralysed man and said “Stand up, pick up your mat, and go home!” And immediately, as everyone watched, the man jumped up, picked up his mat and went home praising God.”
Luke 5:24b-25, NLT

To be healed by Jesus is a wonderful thing! I long to see more people across the world healed by Jesus and live in the new found freedom that His healing brings. Nobody in the whole world knows our heart more than Him who created us. And to know that He has heard our cry for healing and answered our prayer is one of the most amazing experiences in the world. I had this experience in September 1996 at an Ellel Ministries conference in Sydney, Australia. I had fallen 35 feet from a cliff and suffered crippling side effects for nearly 3 years. I had chronic pain, fatigue and depression. I was only able to work for 10 hours per week and living on a permanent disability pension. My future was filled with sadness and uncertainty, until that moment when I met face to face with Jesus, the Living Lord.

That night and the next morning I had one of the most intimate experiences I have ever had with Him. He was so close. It was like the intimacy of lovers, but even greater. He showed me how He knew my heart and how deeply He loved me. As He restored all the broken pieces within me and restored me to wholeness, my life was transformed!

Then I had to walk away from the conference and return to my home, to my everyday life. The experience I had had seemed to dissipate like smoke and I was left to decide how to live. Was I healed or not? Was it real or not? This is one of the challenges of receiving healing from Jesus. The experience goes, but does the healing remain? How can we make the healing remain? The paralytic man in Luke 5 who was healed by Jesus is a good example from Scripture of a man who had a challenge before him because he was healed. This man had a lifestyle choice to make. He had entered through the roof to meet Jesus and then he walked out the door of the house, his life changed. If he wanted to live with his healing he could no longer live on a mat and be carried around by his friends. He needed to work and live an independent life.

Such was the challenge I faced. But as I made that choice I cancelled my pension and started applying for full time work. I made the shift from dependence on others to independent living. Was that easy? No! Was it worth it? Yes! It was a step of faith that helped me to live with my healing and I believe it helped secure my healing. Had I remained on the disability pension I’m sure it would have been easy to slip back to living like I was before I was healed, and even lose my healing.

I want to encourage you today, if you’re in need of healing, to keep your heart set upon Jesus, the Healer, not just for what you want from Him, but because you love Him. Healing from Jesus is free, but also can come with a cost. The cost is the sacrifice of changing - changing your lifestyle, changing the way you think. This is what I had to do by cancelling the pension and working. There also comes the challenge of becoming a living testimony for Him amongst your family and friends, or maybe even to the world. After what Jesus did to restore my life there was nothing I would not do. So do you want to be healed?

Prayer: Dear Jesus, thank You that You love me so very much and You know every one of my needs, including my need for healing. I long to have an encounter with You. Please heal me and give me the courage to change, that I would live a life that brings You glory. In Your name, Amen.

Today's Writer : Lynda Scott
Annukka

What’s at the Heart

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 08.06.2014 20:06

What’s at the Heart

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Behold, Thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part Thou shalt make me to know wisdom.” Psalm 51:6

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Have you ever gone to a sawmill and watched them process timber? They take a big log out of the woods that may have bumps and knots on it, and they lay it on a cradle, running it through a saw, cutting off one side. Then they bring it back, turn it, and run it through again to cut off another side. When they’re finished, if you stand and look down it, it’s perfectly straight. But if you look at the end of it, the heart is still crooked. That’s the way it is with some individuals who are outwardly living the Christian life. But Jeremiah 17:9 warns the heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked. We need regeneration. We must be born again.

ACTION POINT:
Read Psalm 19:14— “Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.”

Pray it from your heart—that today you would desire with everything within you to be pure in thought, word, and deed.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | LWF.org | Today's Message

facebook.pngtwitter.png
AR_headshot.jpgDevotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

Believing In the Living God

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 09.06.2014 20:12

Believing In the Living God

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which He hath testified of His Son.” 1 John 5:9

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
I’ve been asked, “Pastor Rogers, do you expect me to believe in Jesus Christ just because your book says that He lived? That’s not enough for me.”

I agree. You need something else. If you want to know who Jesus Christ is, ask the Holy Spirit.

God says, “If you want to believe, I will help you to understand and to know that these things are true.”

Don’t tell me that you cannot believe. You may refuse to believe, but I will tell you this. If you want to believe in Jesus Christ and if you seek Truth, God the Holy Spirit will speak to you and confirm to you that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the living God.

Read Deuteronomy 4:29 — “But if from thence thou shalt seek the LORD thy God, thou shalt find Him, if thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.”

ACTION POINT:
Do you want to know the living God? He is there if you seek Him with all your heart.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | LWF.org | Today's Message

facebook.pngtwitter.png
AR_headshot.jpgDevotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

God Rewards Obedience

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 10.06.2014 08:09

God Rewards Obedience

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession...”
(Exodus 19:5, NIV)

Sometimes God asks us to do things that don’t make sense. It doesn’t seem logical. It doesn’t fit into our budget. It doesn’t line up with our schedule. “God, You want me to go back to college? I’m 40 years old.” “God, You want me to give them a gift? I was saving those funds for my own dreams.” Or, “God, You want me to leave this secure position that I’ve had for years and start my own business?” Too often we overanalyze it. We debate it. Look at it only in the natural. We end up making excuses, talking ourselves out of it, “That couldn’t be God.” But if you’re going to reach your highest potential, you have to have bold obedience. That means you obey even when you don’t understand it. You just do it even when it doesn’t make sense. That’s what faith is all about.

If you can understand everything, you have the time, the money, it’s all lined up, then that doesn’t really take any faith. God will ask you to do things that seem far out, unusual, not practical. With every act of obedience, there is a blessing attached to it. When you do what you know God wants you to do, a blessing will follow. God rewards obedience!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I choose to obey You. I let go of trying to reason it all out in my mind and choose to trust You. Thank You for Your faithfulness and for rewarding my obedience in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
Annukka

Chosen Children

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 10.06.2014 16:13

Chosen Children

Today's MP3
Adoptive parents understand God’s passion to adopt us. They know what it means to feel an empty space inside. They know what it means to hunt, to set out on a mission, and to take responsibility for a child with a dubious future. If anybody understands God’s ardor for his children, it’s someone who has rescued an orphan from despair, for that is what God has done for us. Adopted children are chosen children.

When the doctor handed Max Lucado to Jack Lucado, my dad had no exit option. He couldn’t give me back in exchange for a better-looking or smarter son. But if you are adopted, your parents chose you. Surprise pregnancies happen. But surprise adoptions? Never heard of one. Your parents could have picked a different gender, color, or ancestry. But they selected you. They wanted you in their family…Congratulations!
Annukka

Obedience Activates His Power

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 11.06.2014 06:32

Obedience Activates His Power

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“Whatever He says to you, do it.”
(John 2:5, NASB)

One time, Jesus made mud and put it on a blind man’s eyes. He told him to go wash it off in the pool of Siloam. Jesus could have just as easily healed the blind man on the spot. He could have opened his eyes right then and there and sent him on his way. But obedience activates God’s power. The blind man could have wiped the mud off with his own hands and thought, “I’m not going to do that. That doesn’t make sense. That’s going to be a waste of time.” He could have thought, “I’m blind. I have these disadvantages. I can’t make it down to the pool.” But instead of making excuses, instead of talking himself out of it, he decided to just do it. He went to the pool and washed it off. Immediately, he could see.

When you obey, dreams come to pass. When you obey, health is restored. When you obey, problems turn around. I wonder how many miracles we would see if we would simply do what we know we’re supposed to do. Are you talking yourself out of something because it’s not practical, it doesn’t make sense? Quit putting it off and just do it. If you’ll have bold obedience, you’ll activate His power and see God’s favor in a new way!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness and healing in my life. I choose to obey You and open the door for Your miracle power in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
Annukka

Hidden Sins

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 11.06.2014 19:40

Joni and Friends Daily Devotional June 11, 2014

Hidden Sins

"For whatever is hidden is meant to be disclosed, and whatever is concealed is meant to be brought out into the open." Mark 4:22

During the first weeks of my paralysis, I recall my mother's sitting at the foot of my hospital bed with a small scrub brush and bar of soap. "Mother, why are you scrubbing my feet?" I asked. Her reply? "Where in the world did you walk on these feet of yours?!"

What can I say? I was a typical barefooted teenager who spent most of my time in the backyard or at the community pool. The soles of my feet were callused and grayed from the dirt. Curiously enough, I never knew my feet had dirty calluses because I never bothered to look. Even if I did, I wouldn't have cared, because that part of my body was hidden. I was more concerned about the pimples on my chin that everyone, myself included, could see.

The spiritual person should have enough sense to occasionally look, as it were, at the bottom of his feet. If we are in tune with the Lord, we are sensitive to know that everyone hides secret faults; and the wise person is the one who does not mind the Spirit's scrubbing away the hidden sins--sins that, if we don't confess them, have a way of ruling over us.

Hypocrisy is a head game to play because it is one deceiver against many observers. A hypocrite will always be found out. Secret sinning, although an easier game to play, is far more deadly. Hidden sins can be concealed, and, for that reason, are far more damaging to your character.

Father, I want no sin to have dominion over me, I desire that no fault rule over me. Search me, try me, test me, and help me to face those sins in my life that I have tried to hide. Scrub me clean!

Blessings,

Joni and Friends

www.joniandfriends.org

Find us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView our videos on YouTubeVisit our blogFind us on Google+View our profile on LinkedInFind us on Pinterest
Annukka

Get Your Feet Wet

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 12.06.2014 08:40

Get Your Feet Wet

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“So the people of Israel walked through the middle of the sea on dry ground, with walls of water on each side!”
(Exodus 14:22, NLT)

When Joshua and the Israelites needed to get across the Jordan River, God said He would open it up, but they had to get their feet wet before the waters parted. They could have sat back and thought, “As soon as God opens it, then we’ll walk toward it. It doesn’t make sense to go now. The river is still flowing. Everything is normal. Nothing is unusual.” No, they took a step of faith and started walking toward the water. I can imagine when water got up to their ankles they thought, “What are we doing walking into a river? We could drown.” Water got up to their knees and thoughts said, “You’d better turn around. You’re making a mistake.” Water up to their waist. They just kept walking. What is that? Bold obedience. About that time, the river supernaturally parted. They walked into their promised land.

In the same way, if you’re going to make it to your promised land, it’s going to take this bold obedience. You’re not always going to understand what God is doing. God is not always logical. Faith is not in your head; faith is in your heart. You’ve got to turn your mind off and listen to what God is saying in your heart. Take a step of faith. Get your feet wet and move forward into the blessing and victory He has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for parting the waters and leading me in victory! I choose to take a step of faith; I choose to obey You. I choose to step out into the water knowing that you have a good plan for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum