tuumis

Devotional

Valvoja: Annukka

He Is…

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 02.04.2014 19:08

He Is…

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“And God said unto Moses, I AM that I AM: and He said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.” Exodus 3:14

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Have you ever noticed that the title God chose to describe Himself is an incomplete sentence? Now, most people would finish that sentence, “I am… [something].” But not our Lord. He purposefully did not complete the sentence “I AM.” He is.

Are you hungry? He is the bread. Are you in the dark? He is the light. Are you searching? He is the truth. Are you lost? He is the way. Are you in need? He is your Shepherd.

ACTION POINT:
What are you looking to God to meet today? Trust Him right now to meet you there.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | LWF.org | Today's Message

facebook.pngtwitter.png
AR_headshot.jpgDevotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

Hebrews 12:2

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 03.04.2014 14:20

Today's Verse for 04/03/2014

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. — Hebrews 12:2

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

"He drives where he looks, he drives where he looks!" That statement made by a disgruntled wife about her husband really spoke the truth. He invariably would turn the steering wheel in the direction he was looking. This principle is also true of each of us and our life: "Lives where she or he looks!" That's why it's important to fix our eyes on Jesus! Our life will follow where we look! Let's make sure that our gaze on Jesus.

Prayer

Almighty and holy God, without your grace and the gift of your salvation I could not approach you with confidence. Thank you for sending Jesus! Thank you for his life, his death, his resurrection, his exaltation and his intercession. I pledge this day to keep my eyes on him! Through his holy name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Annukka

Is Anything too Hard for Him?

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 04.04.2014 18:24

Is Anything too Hard
for Him?

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?”
(Jeremiah 32:27, NIV)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

A friend of mine has a son who got his driver’s license a while back and really wanted a car. His father said to him, “Let’s believe that God will give you a car.” The son said, “Dad, God is not going to give me a car. You can buy me a car.” He said, “No, let’s pray.”

They asked God to somehow make a way for the son to have a car. The young man had one in mind, but he would have been happy with anything. A couple of months later, this man’s employer called him in and said, “For the last two years, we’ve made a mistake on your paycheck. We’ve been underpaying you.” When they handed him the check for the back pay, it was $500 more than the car they had been hoping to buy.

The Scripture says, “Is there anything too hard for the Lord?” There is no telling what God will do if you’ll dare to believe Him. Why don’t you stretch your faith today? Give God something to work with. Declare His Word, meditate on His promises, and put Him first because nothing is too hard for Him!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, I know that, with You, all things are possible! Nothing is too hard for You. I choose to stand in faith, I choose to trust, and I choose to walk in every blessing You have in store for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
Annukka

The Love of Christ

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 05.04.2014 19:46

Joni and Friends Daily Devotional April 5, 2014

The Love of Christ

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39

The supreme reason that you can and should trust God through suffering is found at Calvary, for no better argument can be voiced apart from the cross. That He would endure the full fury of hell so you could escape it should tell you something as you face your own hellish circumstances.

The greatest love scene in the world happened when Christ hung and bled on the cross. It was God saying, "Look, see, this is how much I love you!" What's amazing is that He played out this love scene while we snubbed Him in cool, callous indifference. Who would want to escape that kind of love, or ignore or deny it? And what Christian could ever dare doubt it? Christ died for you. What love!

Sometimes after I've snapped at a friend or chipped in my two cents' worth of gossip, I catch myself thinking, "Oh, God, these are the things that nailed Jesus to the cross... I am so sorry." Human logic tells me that He should turn away from me. But nothing, absolutely nothing can separate me from His constant outpouring of love, grace, mercy, and forgiveness.

Often we twist God's arm for the "reasons why" before we decide to trust Him with our circumstances. We want the blueprint spread before us. But the bruised and battered apostle Paul who probably had every reason to wonder "why," never said, "I know why all these things are happening." Rather, he said, "I know in whom I have believed." The love of Christ was enough.

Love so amazing, so divine, demands my soul, my life, my all.

Blessings,

Joni and Friends

www.joniandfriends.org

Annukka

Praying in Secret

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 06.04.2014 16:44

Praying in Secret

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.” Matthew 6:6

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
What did our Lord mean when He said, “Enter into your closet to pray?” The word “closet” simply means somewhere where you can shut the door on the world and open the windows to heaven.

As you study the life of Jesus, you’ll discover that Jesus sought times to be alone. Sometimes He would go on a mountain, sometimes into the wilderness, and sometimes into a garden. It is the secret place that is the sacred place. The mark of your prayer life is not really how well you pray in public, but in private.

ACTION POINT:
When you enter your closet to pray, spend some time in silence. Clear your mind. Then listen for His Words of edification, encouragement, and exhortation.

facebook.pngtwitter.png
Annukka

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 07.04.2014 21:03

The Reason You Are Stressed

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall He not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?” Matthew 6:30

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Do you know the reason we’re stressed? Because we think our needs are not going to be met. We say, “Oh my goodness, I’m not going to have what I need!”

Jesus tells us not to worry about what you are going to eat. And don’t worry about what you are going to wear. He’s saying only one thing is important His righteousness. These things don’t even take significance until your deepest needs are met. You are to find your satisfaction in Him. If you don’t find your satisfaction in Him, you’re going to be stressed.

ACTION POINT:
Are you stressed out about something today? Turn it over to Jesus and turn your focus to Him. Let Jesus meet your needs and transform your heart today.

facebook.pngtwitter.png

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall He not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?” Matthew 6:30

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Do you know the reason we’re stressed? Because we think our needs are not going to be met. We say, “Oh my goodness, I’m not going to have what I need!”

Jesus tells us not to worry about what you are going to eat. And don’t worry about what you are going to wear. He’s saying only one thing is important His righteousness. These things don’t even take significance until your deepest needs are met. You are to find your satisfaction in Him. If you don’t find your satisfaction in Him, you’re going to be stressed.

ACTION POINT:
Are you stressed out about something today? Turn it over to Jesus and turn your focus to Him. Let Jesus meet your needs and transform your heart today.

facebook.pngtwitter.png
Annukka

Romans 5:10

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 08.04.2014 15:17

Today's Verse for 04/08/2014

If, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life. — Romans 5:10

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

Jesus didn't just die for my sins; he lives for me. In fact, he is at God's right hand claiming me as his own (see 1 John 2:1-2). If he was willing to die to save me, what will he withhold now that he lives victorious over death?

Prayer

Holy and Righteous Father, I thank you for Jesus who is at your side and who knows my heart, my struggles, and my world. I thank you for your constant care and protection through all of my difficulties and triumphs. Please make your presence known more clearly today than ever before as I try to serve you with wholehearted devotion. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Annukka

The Greatness of His Favor

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 09.04.2014 08:01

The Greatness of
His Favor

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us...raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.”
(Ephesians 2:4–7, NKJV)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

Oftentimes, people set their focus on what God has done in the past — how He parted the Red Sea or stopped the sun for Joshua or fed thousands of people with just a little boy’s small lunch. Yes, God has performed many amazing miracles throughout history, and it’s important that we give Him praise and glory. But at the same time, we also have to look forward to what God wants to do in our lives today. In this verse, Paul says that “in the ages to come,” God would do things that far supersede anything He’s ever done before. I believe that the “ages to come” he’s talking about is this day and time we’re living in right now. God wants to outdo Himself in our generation!

Remember, God is a God of increase. Where you are today is not where you are supposed to stay. He has greater levels of His favor and blessing in store for you. Dare to dream big! Dare to keep a God-sized vision in front of you! Dare to take hold of every blessing the Lord has in store for you!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, thank You for Your faithfulness in my life. I open my heart and mind to You so that I can see the greatness of what You want to do today and in the future. Use me for Your glory in Jesus’ name. Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
Annukka

Blessed Is the Man Who Trusts in the Lord

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 10.04.2014 20:40

Blessed Is the Man Who Trusts in the Lord

Who Trusts in the Lord
BIBLE MEDITATION:
“O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in Him.” Psalm 34:8

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
The Lord Jesus Christ gives us beatitudes—attitudes that ought to be. They are not platitudes. They are attitudes that deal with Christian character.

Your reputation is what others think about you, but character is what God knows about you.

The beatitudes do not say, “Blessed are what you have,” or “Blessed are what you do,” but “Blessed are what you are.” Most of the people in the world are doing what? They are seeking happiness. If you seek happiness you’ll never find it. But if you get right with God, blessedness will find you.

ACTION POINT:
Have you been finding your self-worth in what you have or what you do? Confess it before the Lord and meditate on the attitudes you ought to have in Matthew 5:3-11.

facebook.pngtwitter.png
Annukka

Now I See

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 11.04.2014 11:49

11 April, 2014
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
Now I See

"And Jesus said to him "Go your way; your faith has made you well." And immediately he regained his sight and began following Him on the road."
Mark 10:52, NIV

I was sitting in the window seat of the conference room at Glyndley Manor listening to teaching that was taking place, when I heard a woodpecker drumming in a tree. It was a very persistent woodpecker, so I turned, and easily saw it pecking away in the top of a dead tree. It wasn’t a common green woodpecker, but a rarer, lesser spotted woodpecker. As I sat there I remembered how I often heard woodpeckers as a child, when we lived in rural Surrey, but rarely saw them. We had a bird book on the bookshelf with a picture of a green woodpecker, and how much I wanted to see one in the wild. But as a child I never saw one, even though I looked very hard when I heard them drumming. Nowadays I see them quite a lot, both in the trees and on the ground, foraging for tasty morsels to eat. And I’ve noticed I can spot them quite easily now.

All of us have been blind and are still blinded in some areas to truth - the truth of who God is as revealed through Jesus, the truth of who we are and the truth of how He see us. Maybe we’ve heard the truth but haven’t been able to see it. Perhaps what we’ve heard doesn’t match the experience of our lives, or the feelings we have deep inside. We may even know what truth looks like in the lives of others, and yet we can’t see it for ourselves. I knew what a woodpecker sounded and looked like, but could never see one for myself.

As I pondered these thoughts I was reminded of Bartimaeus, who was a blind beggar. This man would sit on the side of the road asking people for money, grateful for whatever people gave to him. Most people would have passed him by without so much as a bye or leave, but his life was dependent on those who did give to him. Then one day he heard a large crowd of people and found out it was Jesus, so he cried out “Son of David, have mercy on me!” As people tried to shut him up he shouted louder. Jesus then asked for Bartimaeus to be called, and asked him “What do you want Me to do for you?” To us this might sound like a strange question to ask a blind man, and the reply was “I want to regain my sight!” Through faith he did receive his sight, his eyes were opened and he followed Jesus on the road.

Jesus asks today what we would like Him to do for us, and even though our need might seem obvious, He still asks. And just like Bartimaeus we need to be willing to answer Jesus honestly, and ask Him to bring sight to the area of our life which is blind to Him. The more truth we seek, the more truth we will see, until we’re able to see truth easily and frequently, and pick it out from the lies. I no longer just hear woodpeckers, I can see them.

‘If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free’ John 8: 31b-32.

If you call out to Jesus He’ll turn to you and ask “What do you want Me to do for you?” The question is do you want to go on just hearing? Or do you want to see?

Prayer: Thank You Jesus that You are the way, the truth and the life, and that You came to open the eyes of blind and set free those who’re in prison. Today I acknowledge that I need my eyes opened to see the truth. I no longer want to just hear it, but to see it. Jesus I ask to receive sight. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Today's Writer : Mary-Lou Gregoire
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum