tuumis

Devotional

Valvoja: Annukka

Wait…and Listen for God to Speak to You

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 18.03.2014 19:47

Wait…and Listen for God to Speak to You

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth.” Psalm 29:3

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Some people think it’s a waste of time to simply sit at God’s feet and listen. It is not a waste of time to wait on God any more than a woodsman is wasting time when he sharpens his axe.

In his booklet “Tyranny of the Urgent,” Charles Hummel wrote, “When we fail to wait prayerfully for God’s guidance and strength, we are saying, with our actions if not our lips, that we do not need Him….Prayerful waiting on God is indispensable to effective service. Like the time-out in a football game, it enables us to catch our breath and fix new strategy….The need is not the call. The call must come from the Lord, Who knows our limitations.”

ACTION POINT:
Read Psalm 29. Count how many times the phrase “voice of the Lord” is repeated. Spend at least that many minutes listening for His voice and trusting He will speak His will to you.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | LWF.org | Today's Message

facebook.pngtwitter.png
AR_headshot.jpgDevotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

Galatians 5:22-23

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 19.03.2014 20:24

Today's Verse for 03/19/2014

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such things there is no law. —

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

A lot of different religious groups will give you all sorts of ways to know whether or not you have the Holy Spirit. Jesus has one simple answer: "by their fruit you will know them." Paul gives us the definition of holy fruit — LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, KINDNESS, GOODNESS, FAITHFULNESS, GENTLENESS, SELF-CONTROL. Now why not repeat them out loud and ask the Lord to make this fruit yours in full measure?

Prayer

Abba Father, through the Spirit I call upon you. Please fulfill in me the character you possess. I want to exhibit the qualities of your child, Jesus, in whose name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Annukka

Follow Jesus

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 20.03.2014 20:38

Joni and Friends Daily Devotional March 20, 2014

Follow Jesus

"Then he said to them all: 'If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.'" Luke 9:23

"Yes, I will follow Jesus!" We'll gladly follow the Lord around the Sea of Galilee and be fed with the five thousand. We will drink wine made from water. We will applaud the blind man who can see and stand amazed at a dead man who rises from his grave. We will follow Jesus everywhere except... the cross.

Oh, we can handle the burdens, those everyday troubles we all must shoulder. Besides, there are always others to carry our burdens. We can accept the thorns, those inconveniences that can't be avoided. It's best to accept thorns and get on with living.

But a cross? No, it is not our inclination to take up a cross. For unlike burdens or thorns from which we can't escape, a cross is a choice. In fact, the cross was a choice for Jesus -- He did not have to take it up, He could have refused it. But thankfully, He willingly took up His cross so that you and I might have power. Power to carry one another's burdens, gladly accept our thorns, and daily take up our cross and follow Jesus.

To take up your cross involves a daily choice. Perhaps your cross could be a difficult duty, a painful service, an unbelieving partner in marriage. The Lord is asking you to willingly take it on and head up the long path with Him to Calvary where pride and vanity, stubbornness and resentment are crucified.

First, I want to thank You Lord Jesus for willingly taking up Your cross in obedience to the Father. You could have refused it, but You didn't! Thank You for the power released through Your obedience, power that enables me to take up my cross today and follow You.

Blessings,

Joni and Friends

www.joniandfriends.org
Annukka

Jeremiah 17:7-8

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 21.03.2014 20:13

Today's Verse for 03/21/2014

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought. — Jeremiah 17:7-8

Thought

Trust. Can we trust in God? Is the Lord really faithful? While we may wish to have been alive when Jesus walked the earth or Jeremiah spoke fearlessly God's hard truth, we are especially blessed to be alive today. We stand at the end of an incredible stream of God's work. We can look at history and know him to be profoundly faithful to his people. We can launch out into the future with boldness because we know God is already there!

Prayer

Holy God, I know you are there! In the morning, in the evening, in the long nights, I know I am not alone. Thank you for knowing me and going with me through all my days. Please make your presence known to me this day as I seek to honor you in what I do and say. In the name of Jesus, my Lord, I ask this. Amen.

Annukka

The evidence is mounting—RELEASE!

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 22.03.2014 07:56

Beloved,

The word has been spoken. The evidence is mounting—RELEASE!

Together, we are poised on the living edge, tasting the breakthrough, entering the dreams we thought might never be. We longed for this...prayed for it...spoke it into the atmosphere. Our Passover, the Firstfruits and Lord of Glory, prepared it for us, saying...

“It is finished!”

How He showers us with His love! How tenderly He moves us toward the fullness of divine release. How our hearts swell with the revelation of destiny and abundance. And, how we overflow with thanksgiving to our Lord and King.

Now on May 4th we are honored to honor Him with a significant seed,
our Firstfruits Offering.

Christ finished the work. His blood made the way. The One who sowed Himself laid up for us a continual feast. We are hidden in Him, drawing life from the Vine, and sowing back from the bounty we have received.

Beloved, this is my prayer for you as you honor Him in this significant way:

“May He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God” (2 Cor. 9:10-11 NKJV).

So be it!

With deep love for Him
Bishop Mark J. Chironna
Annukka

The Recipe for Misery

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 22.03.2014 20:11

The Recipe for Misery

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“...remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 20:35

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Unhappiness comes from mirrors. Happiness comes from windows.

If you want to be miserable, then think about yourself first...what you want, what people are saying about you, what you ought to have done for you, how down you feel, how good you feel. Just focus on yourself.

Feeling good yet? If you are, then something is wrong. Selfishness and happiness just don’t go hand in hand. If you are thinking it is better to receive than to give, you’ll never be happy. You’ll never experience the blessing of giving that Jesus taught.

ACTION POINT:
Hold out your hand and make a fist for at least one minute. Now, relax. Which feels better? Now imagine if your spirit is tight and how that will quench His work in your life.

facebook.pngtwitter.png
Annukka

Playing on the Offense

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 23.03.2014 20:18

Playing on the Offense

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” John 10:10

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Do you know what’s wrong with many of us? We’re trying to get out of trouble rather than get into righteousness.

We’re so focused on the defensive side of Christianity that we forget about the offensive, positive approach.

Wouldn’t you like to get up and stay up? Wouldn’t you like to experience the abundant life our Lord talks about? Jesus came to give us the eternal life. He came to give us the abundant life. We need to do like the old song says, “Accentuate the positive. Eliminate the negative.”

ACTION POINT:
Why don’t you determine today that you are going to get right with God and stay right with God? That you’re going to take steps to lead a life of obedience.

facebook.pngtwitter.png
Annukka

A Calf's Look at Life

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 24.03.2014 20:29

Joni and Friends Daily Devotional March 24, 2014

"Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame."

Psalm 34:5

On a particularly damp and windy day, hundreds of calves were huddled outside, shoulder to hindquarter, tucked between the fence and the barn. The rain had created a mess of mud and the calves looked dirty-brown instead of the usual black and white. They looked miserable.

All except one calf. Although he, too, faced the same windy rain and was covered with the same mud, he chose a different shelter -- an open field of muck! In the face of the wind he skipped and jumped like a child. He was oblivious to the downpour. That calf literally looked happy.

Life is quite often like the farm scene of the calves, isn't it? We huddle with others of like misery in hopes that one day our lives will be happy again. Like the calf, however, David, the psalmist, chose an unusual moment in his life to declare the joy of being a child of God. Huddled around him in the cave of Adulam were four hundred smelly, dirty renegades fleeing from Saul. But David had the audacity to declare: "Those who look to him are radiant; their faces are never covered with shame" (Psalm 34:5).

David made a choice for himself. "We may be in a mess and we may be discouraged. But my God knows we are here and knows our need. I will dance and sing."

David was able to do so despite his fears. He submitted them to God and was enabled to declare a calf-like joy. Are you gripped with a spirit of fear? Take each one by the horn and lead it to the face of God. Let your fears see the light of eternal day and you, too, will skip, laugh, dance, and sing.

Lord, I desire to skip and dance like a calf despite the problems that face me each day. Grant me the inner sunshine of Your Holy Spirit.

Blessings,

Joni and Friends

www.joniandfriends.org
Annukka

The Everlasting Arms

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 25.03.2014 10:10

25 March, 2014
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
The Everlasting Arms

"The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms."
Deuteronomy 33:27, NIV

Last month I wrote about the effect of the recent storms on the beach near where I live. Well the rain has stopped at last, but the problems continue. On a recent Team day out from Glyndley Manor we visited a local beauty spot called Birling Gap, part of the cliff range on the South Downs of Southern England. These cliffs are chalk and the highest point, Beachey Head, is well known as both a beauty spot and sadly a place of suicide. However, during the recent storms the cliffs have been eroded and several sections have fallen into the sea.

Whilst we were looking at the damage at Birling Gap, one section of the cliffs about 100 metres from us suddenly collapsed and fell with a great splash. We were standing at the top of a steel staircase which used to lead down to the beach but is now closed due to the erosion. As we looked at the cliffs we saw that the sea had undermined them in several places by washing out the chalk, weakening the structure. Coupled with cracking from the surface, this caused the falls as the weight and the instability took their toll.

I was reminded of the verse in Deuteronomy 33, "The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms." However solid the cliffs looked, where they were eroded underneath they could not withstand the pressure and the damage the elements were causing. When Moses was speaking blessing over the tribes of Israel, he said to the tribe of Asher that “there is no one like the God of Jeshurun, who rides on the heavens to help you and on the clouds in his majesty.” He was reminding the tribe that their true safety and security was in God, who would hold them safe because of His underlying “everlasting arms”. As Jesus pointed out the benefit of building on firm foundations, so also Moses encourages us to be firmly founded in the arms of God.

When the storms of life come against us they tend to find the weak places in us, like the soft chalk of the cliffs. If we rely only on our own ability to stand firm in times of difficulty we face the likelihood of collapse in some form or other. Only by resting in the everlasting arms of God can we be sure that we shall survive. To quote a well known song: “there maybe troubles ahead”, but resting in the arms of God means there is always a happy ending, in His presence.

Prayer: Dear Father, thank you for the assurance that when the storms of life hit us and threaten to undermine our security, we can rest in you and know that your arms will not let us down. Show us where the weak points lie which can threaten our peace and heal us we pray. Amen.

Today's Writer : John Berry
Annukka

1 John 1:9

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 25.03.2014 19:08

Today's Verse for 03/25/2014

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. — 1 John 1:9

Thought

We can be forgiven of our sins! That's great, but there's even better news. We can be purified of any stain from sin!! That's incredible: not only am I forgiven, I'm made clean and new again! But only because of God's grace and perfect sacrifice for our sins.

Prayer

Forgiving Father, please forgive me today for my lack of passion to love and forgive others in the way you have so graciously forgiven me. Create in me a heart like your own: faithful, forgiving, and gracious. In the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum