tuumis

Devotional

Valvoja: Annukka

Fear Not

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 30.01.2014 19:03

Fear Not

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.” Joshua 1:9

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
The devil is the sinister minister of fear. When he clamps his icy fingers of fear on your heart, do you become afraid of what he’ll do to you if you take a stand for God? Don’t be afraid. Fear is an insult to God, who said, “I will be with thee.” Fear will destroy you.

Are you a worrywart? One lady said, “Don’t tell me it does no good to worry. Most of the things I worry about never come to pass.” Be not dismayed. God will take care of you.

ACTION POINT:
Ask the Holy Spirit to show you what your fears are, then confess them as sin. Repent, then reach up and take hold of His right hand that is outstretched to sustain you and give you the victory!

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | Read the Bible | LWF.org | Today's Message

FacebookTwitter
Devotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

Ephesians 4:2

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 30.01.2014 19:08

Today's Verse for 01/30/2014

Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. — Ephesians 4:2

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

"You mean I have to put up with that!?" There are those folks in life about whom the saying is true: "They are the grit out of which we are to fashion our pearl." But our great example in this challenge is Jesus. Think of what he had to put up with in his 12 disciples. Remember how transformational his patience and gentleness with them was. Can we dare to do less?

Prayer

Give me strength and patience, O God, that I may be as loving, gentle and patient with others as Jesus was with people during his earthly ministry and you have been with me. In the name of Jesus, my Lord and hero I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Annukka

The Powerful Influence of Music

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 31.01.2014 20:07

The Powerful Influence of Music

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“. . . and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.”
2 Corinthians 10:5

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Satan is waging a battle to control the thought life of America’s teenagers. The typical teenager listens to an average of 10,500 hours of rock music from the seventh to the tenth grade. That’s only 500 hours shy of all the time he/she spends in school from first through twelfth grade!

Do you have any idea of the fatalism that is bombarding the airwaves everyday into young people’s heads? The National Education Association estimates that a percentage of the 5,000 teenage suicides we have in America every year are caused by the fatalistic music of today’s youth. Somebody has said, “You let me write the songs that a nation sings, and I don’t care who makes its laws.”

ACTION POINT:
Is there a teen in your life? If so, spend some time this week talking with them about the music they listen to and the healthy choices they need to make to take back the ground that Satan is trying to conquer with his onslaught of fatalistic music.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | LWF.org | Today's Message

facebook.pngtwitter.png
AR_headshot.jpgDevotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

Taking Sin Seriously

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 31.01.2014 20:14

Joni and Friends Daily Devotional January 31, 2014

Taking Sin Seriously

"Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions." Psalm 51:1

There are countless times when I get impatient with my husband, Ken, over little things. Like when he uses my good pair of scissors to trim his fishing line. Small irritations like that build until I snap at Ken. I get mad at him, but I also get mad at myself for failing to hold my tongue. Soon the spat is forgotten, and God, I feel, has hardly entered into it.

We have a way of sweeping small sins under the carpet of our conscience without ever considering how they affect God. A spat with a friend. A slip of the tongue in gossip. A white lie. An impatient response. An insincere word. A snide comment.

We almost ignore them, thinking that God is there only to handle the big offenses. It's up to us and our self-control to handle the small sins, we think.

You might say that small offenses such as white lies or silly spats do not actually offend God, that he is quite content to have you sweep little things under the carpet. But not so. Perhaps half our problem is that we do not take sin seriously enough. When we line up all of our offenses, major and minor, against a holy God, we are then able to say with the psalmist, "Against you, you only, have I sinned."

You, O God, are holy, and sin is a great offense to You. You hate sin because it cost You the life of Your precious Son. It has marred and stained Your beautiful creation, including all of the human race. Today I refuse to sweep small sins out of my conscience without bringing them before You in sincere confession. Help me to take sin... seriously.

Blessings,

Joni and Friends

www.joniandfriends.org
Annukka

God's Grace Takes The Initiative

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 01.02.2014 14:26

God's Grace Takes The Initiative

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“We love Him, because He first loved us.” 1 John 4:19

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
When I was in the sixth grade, I wrote a love note to Joyce Louise Gentry. Then she became my bride and my beloved. Do you know, she still has that note? From that time on, she began to take an interest in me. Do you know why? Because I first loved her.

Do you know what the Bible is? It is God’s love letter to you. It is God saying to you, “I have set My eye upon you. I love you!”

You’re not saved by doing good works. You’re not saved by joining a church. You are saved by the grace of God that said, “I love you” first.

ACTION POINT:
• When was the last time you wrote a love letter?
• When was the last time you received one?
• Spend some time today and write a love letter to the Lord.
Annukka

Justice, Mercy and Grace

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 02.02.2014 19:26

Justice, Mercy and Grace

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“...the Lord will give grace and glory: no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly.” Psalm 84:11

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
There are three words that came together at Calvary:
• justice
• mercy
• grace

Justice is getting what we deserve. Mercy is not getting what we deserve. Grace is getting what we don’t deserve.

But wait a minute; grace is more than that! It is grace that gives at great cost to the giver. It is not cheap. Grace cost the life of God’s Son. Jesus gave freely of Himself in agony and blood.

Did you know that grace has to chase us down? If God didn’t run faster than us, we would never be saved! Grace seeks to give to vile and wicked people that which they don’t deserve and can never deserve.

ACTION POINT:
Are you a grace-giver? Find someone today and do a favor for them – something for which they couldn’t possibly repay you. Perhaps it will even be for a stranger you will never see again.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | LWF.org | Today's Message
facebook.pngtwitter.png
AR_headshot.jpgDevotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

1 Corinthians 2:9

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 02.02.2014 19:27

Today's Verse for 02/02/2014
As it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him. — 1 Corinthians 2:9

Thought

Many of the things we anticipate and dream about are much less glorious in real life than they were in our imaginations. There is one event, however, that is better than we can imagine and beyond our wildest dreams. When Jesus returns to take us home to be with our Father, it will be far better than we can ask, imagine, dream or think. Maranatha - Come Lord Jesus!
Prayer

Abba Father, thank you for knowing me before time began. Thank you for crafting me in my mother's womb. Thank you for sending Jesus to pay the price for my sins. And thank you in advance for the day Jesus comes to take me home to be with you forever. Through my Conquering Savior I pray. Amen.

Annukka

Psalm 59:16

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 03.02.2014 21:16

Today's Verse for 02/03/2014
I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble. — Psalm 59:16

Thought

So many things in our lives can be stolen away by natural disasters, aging, and death. Satan could be appropriately called "The Thief of Always." But God is immovable and unstealable! We can invest ourselves in him and know our spirits are secure in his care. He is a fortress and a refuge.
Prayer

O Great Rock of my salvation, thank you for being unchangeable and faithful. Thank you for being the source of security and future in a day of chaos and change. Thank you for being God. You are my God and in you I place my life, my hopes, and my future. May you be glorified in me today. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Annukka

Transformed Lives

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 04.02.2014 10:50

04 February, 2014
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
Transformed Lives

"Behold, I make all things new"
Revelation 21:5, NIV

When we moved into a different house we thought we’d found exactly what we needed. But it wasn’t long afterwards that we began to find flaws that needed attention. The drive needed resurfacing, the garden needed re-arranging, and the interior of the house needed re-decorating.

As I was re-decorating the house the whole house was taking on a completely new appearance, and the words from Revelation 21:5 verse came into my mind, ‘Behold, I make all things new’.

And during the years of doing healing prayer ministry with people, it’s been exciting to see how God has been in the process of transforming and re-making broken lives. Now we see these people’s lives bearing testimony to God’s wonderful power. The broken ones have been made new in the name of Jesus.

We’ve seen alcoholics, drug addicts and former convicts totally set free and transformed as they have repented of their sinful lifestyle, and received the cleansing from their sin by the blood of Jesus. As we’ve watched God at work in such people, we can truly say ‘Behold, He has made all these new`, and all the praise and glory goes to Him.

When we come to God as broken sinners, knowing we deserve punishment for our sin, we learn that this was the very reason He sent His only Son into the world, to take the punishment for our sin. It’s then that we place our sin on Jesus, and we experience the amazing cleansing power that comes through putting our trust in Him. God sent Jesus to free us from the bondage of our sin. We can say, with Philipp Bliss, the hymn writer, “Hallelujah, what a Saviour!”.

Prayer: Father God, I thank You for sending Jesus to die in my place and take the punishment due to me for my sin. Please enable me to share this good news with others so that they too can experience You making them into something ‘new’ I pray, in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Today's Writer : David Silvester
Annukka

Through Faith and Patience

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 04.02.2014 20:11

Through Faith
and Patience

TODAY’S SCRIPTURE

“...imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.”
(Hebrews 6:12, NIV)

TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria

In our culture today, people are used to getting things right away. Some people say that we live in a “microwave” society. In other words, we’ve been programmed for immediacy. People don’t like to wait. But the scripture says, “It’s through faith and patience that we inherit God’s promises.”

Sometimes, it’s easy for people to start out in faith. We declare, “God, I believe I’m going to accomplish my dreams. God, I believe I’m going to overcome this obstacle.” But, it gets harder when we have to walk in patience. When you pray, can you say, “God, I not only believe for big things but I trust Your timing? God, I’m not going to get discouraged if it doesn’t happen immediately. I’m not going to give up because it’s taken a week, a month or five years. I know the set time is already in my future, so I’m going to wait with faith and patience because I know that it’s on the way.”

Remember, through faith and patience we inherit His promises. Trust His Word, trust His timing, and trust that your answer is on its way!

A PRAYER FOR TODAY

Father, today I declare that I trust You. I trust Your faithfulness. I trust Your goodness. I know that You are working things out in my favor and in Your timing. I declare that through faith and patience, I will inherit every promise You have for me in Jesus’ name! Amen.

— Joel & Victoria Osteen
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum