tuumis

Devotional

Valvoja: Annukka

Matthew 7:12

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 19.01.2014 20:10

Today's Verse for 01/19/2014

In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the prophets. — Matthew 7:12

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

The Golden Rule — golden because it's genuine, lasting, and valuable. Imagine how different our world would be if we practiced this principle — not just in our "church life" but in our daily life... ..with our family, ...with our coworkers and employer, ...with the people we manage, ...with the folks on the freeway and in the neighborhoods where we drive, ...toward the waiters and waitresses who serve us. What a wonderfully different world it would be if the Golden Rule were to be practiced. I think I'll start changing my world with it today! How about you?

Prayer

Generous Father, you have blessed me with so many rich and wonderful gifts. I can never ever adequately express to you the thanks you deserve. One thing I want you to know, dear Father, is that I especially appreciate the way you have treated me with grace and not with justice or judgment. Give me the power to do the same with the people my life touches this week. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Annukka

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 20.01.2014 19:57

Truly Living the Christian Life

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by Him.” Colossians 3:17

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
The sign over the church door where I attended as a boy read, “The Lord is in His holy temple. Let all the earth keep silent.” I mistakenly took that to mean that I had just entered the holy temple and had better start acting religious.

We are the temple of God, not a building made of brick and mortar. Wherever we go, whatever we do, we are to be doing all in the name of Jesus. The secular is to be sanctified so that Jesus will be glorified in everything.

Because He lives in you, every day is a holy day, not just Sundays. The spiritual life is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for all eternity.

ACTION POINT:
Have you ever had a home appraised? Get a trusted friend or loved one to give you an appraisal of the home where the Holy Spirit dwells—you! Are there areas that need repair, restoration, or removal?

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | Read the Bible | LWF.org | Today's Message

FacebookTwitter
Devotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

Matthew 6:33

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 21.01.2014 09:08

Matthew 6:33, Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.

We are in the last week of 21 Days of fasting and prayer, and God has been speaking to us as His Church. The real key in realizing the prophetic Word and promises for 2014 is found in this scripture in Matthew 6. It is a principle that works in every area of our lives. We have a tendency to concern ourselves too much with the second things and neglect the first thing. We worry we won’t have enough time to get things done, enough money to make ends meet, enough investment in our relationships for them to be strong if we spend it on God first.
This week, put this principle to the test and prioritize your time with God; begin your day with prayer. Prioritize your relationship with God; study a scripture each day and know Him more. Decide now in your giving of your First Fruits; telling God He is the source of your life this year. You will discover the things that are second will not be lost, but quite the opposite. When you put God first, the second will be taken care of. When you implement a divine principle, you reap a divine reward.
Prayer
Father, You are worthy and deserve first place in my life. According to your Word, you honor those who honor You and bless those who put You first. Help me not to lose perspective and put other things before You, but keep me mindful of Matthew 6:33 in 2014. Amen.
Annukka

Law and Liberty

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 21.01.2014 18:18

Joni and Friends Daily Devotional January 21, 2014

Law and Liberty

"So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith. Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law." Galatians 3:24-25

Sometimes the sins we commit are not moral ones but spiritual. We cultivate a legal attitude toward God, and that's wrong. Christians start out in the Spirit, but when it comes to daily living, we try to perfect ourselves by the flesh.

The Law says, do these things and you shall live, but the Gospel says, live and these things you will do. The Law commands us to love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, and mind; the Gospel says that this is love: Not that we have sought God, but that he loved us and sent His son to atone for our sins.

The Law demands holiness, but the Gospel gives holiness. The Law makes blessings the result of obedience, but the Gospel makes obedience the result of blessings. Under the Law, the old man was restrained, but with the Gospel, the new man is given liberty.

If we are right in our inward being, we shall certainly do right in our outward actions. This is what Christian liberty is all about.

Picture a woman who is a servant in a house and under the law of her master whom she tried to please. She's paid a wage. She does her duty. But then, the master offers her his love and lifts her up from her place of service to be his bride and share his wealth. She may continue to do the same things, but now she does them with a different motive--love not duty!

Lord, my old sense of duty is now lost in my new sense of love.

Blessings,

Joni and Friends

www.joniandfriends.org
Annukka

Yielding Yourself to Christ

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 22.01.2014 19:26

Yielding Yourself to Christ

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“…yield yourselves unto God…” Romans 6:13

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
I heard about a man who entered an interstate out of a side road and did not even slow down. A big eighteen-wheeler pulled over, almost wrecking him.

The truck driver leaned out of the window and yelled, “Hey, didn’t you see that sign?”

The man said, “What sign?”

The trucker said, “That sign that said, Y–I–E–L–D.”

“Oh,” he said, “I opened the window and yield as loud as I could.”

In the matter of victory, it is not your ability or your responsibility that counts. It is not even your response to His ability. You must choose to yield to Christ. You are to yield with all of your heart to the power, the presence, and the provision of the Lord Jesus Christ.

ACTION POINT:
Look up the definition of “yield.” What does it say about the right of way? Who has the “right of way” in your life? Bow before the Lord and surrender all of you to all of Him today.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | Read the Bible | LWF.org | Today's Message

FacebookTwitter
Annukka

Make It Count!

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 23.01.2014 11:19

23 January, 2014
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
Make It Count!

"But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king`s meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself."
Daniel 1:8, NIV

Life is a gift, and time is precious and fleeting.

`All my possessions for a moment of time` was said by Queen Elizabeth I, the Queen of England during the late 17th century. She is said to have uttered this phrase on her death bed. It meant that she wished she could exchange all her worldly possessions to get an extra moment of time. Elizabeth I died in England in 1603. She realised, all too late, that all her wealth could not buy her another moment of time.

Daniel, a captive in Babylon, could have bemoaned his lot. But instead, he chose to make the most of his time. We read that he `purposed in his heart` not to defile himself with the king`s meat, for he had devoted himself to the Lord. This stood him in good stead for the time of testing that was to come. God delivered him in the midst of his trial, and not only did he stand out in his generation as a man of holiness, but God saw fit to ensure that his name and deeds were entered in holy writ.

Similarly, Shadrach, Meshech and Abednego, although also in captivity, declared their loyalty to God in their time of great trial `Our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and He will deliver us from your hand, O king. But if not, let it be known to you, O king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up` (Daniel 3:17-18). They all made their lives count in the eyes of the Lord and influenced a pagan king and his nation in their generation.

The apostle Paul said `I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith` (2 Timothy 4:3-8).

We only get to spend time once, and, for some reason, our allotted time on earth is important in God’s eyes. So He has given us the written Word, the Bible to guide us, and the Living Word who became flesh, our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, to redeem us from the hand of the enemy.

It is also comforting to know that the only person who can fully redeem time, is the Lord and He has promised `I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten` (Joel 2:25).

So be encouraged, in whatever stage of the journey you are at…it isn’t too late. Today is a fresh start, for, by His cross, Christ has imparted a sense of destiny on each of our lives, and once committed to and sanctified by Him, He can redeem the time and restore what the enemy has stolen. With God`s help we can make it count!

Prayer: Dear Lord, We commit our lives to you afresh and ask you to transform us by your holy touch. Help us to spend our time wisely and to live our lives in a way that is pleasing to you. In Jesus’ name, Amen.

Today's Writer : Patricia Lake
Annukka

True Hope for a World in Turmoil

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 23.01.2014 18:48

True Hope for a World in Turmoil

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me.” John 12:32

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
For the first time in history, man is afraid of what he knows. His head and his hands have outrun his heart and we are being faced with things for which we have no answers—the plague of AIDS, the tinderbox in the Middle East, the outbreaks of famine, the irregular weather disturbances, and much more. But we don’t have to wring our hands and say, “What is the world coming to?”

We can look up and say, “Who is the world coming to? It’s coming to Jesus! Praise God!”

ACTION POINT:
Call your church today and ask if there is a place where you can volunteer in the area of community outreach. Perhaps there is a soup kitchen, a nursing home, a homeless shelter, or a children’s center where you can serve.

FacebookTwitter
Annukka

What Is God`s Perspective On Us?

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 24.01.2014 11:28

24 January, 2014
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
What Is God`s Perspective On Us?

"Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness",and he was called God`s friend.
James 2:23, NIV

Have you ever wondered whether it’s really true that God loves us as much as people say He does?

Recently I have been thinking about two key people in the Old Testament and their relationship with God – well actually, God’s relationship with them.

Abraham was called a friend of God. He was held up for his faith and yet…he actually failed. He believed God, but in the process, he got worried and tried to solve the matter himself, and bore a son by Sarah’s maidservant. Yet, he did remain faithful and bore Isaac and was willing to sacrifice Isaac when tested by God. But still, how can Scripture say he believed and did not waver?

King David was described as a man after God’s own heart. He was an amazing man of God. He was faithful to God. He received prophecies. He honoured God before the people … and yet … he fell. He committed adultery with Bathsheba and then had her husband murdered to try and cover it up. He didn’t discipline his children. He angered God by counting the fighting men. Yet, he was a man after God’s own heart. How does that work?

We know that God is a holy God and cannot look on sin. These men failed him. But God’s heart is for relationship, and God’s heart is love towards us. As a parent loves their child and sees the good in them, even when they fail, so our God sees the good in us, even when we fail. Both of these men failed, but, overall, they loved God, they trusted Him, they sought to put Him first and so He called them: ‘My friend’ and ‘a Man after my heart’.

In the case of David, once he realised what he had done, he repented fully and earnestly and accepted the consequences, and God loved him. He was special. He was trusted by God.

Father God has the same heart towards us. He loves us, He trusts us and He sees in us what He has created. Yes, we may fail. Yes, we may mess things up, but that doesn’t change His love towards us or His knowledge of our true potential and destiny. When we are loved like that, how can we fail to be drawn to Him and to want to honour him and obey Him?

Prayer: Father God, thank You for Your overwhelming love for me. Thank You that You see the best in me, even when I feel at my worst. Thank You that You love me, even when I really mess up. Lord, I want to honour You with my whole life. Help me, Lord, to bring You joy as You have brought me peace and security through Your love.
Amen.

Today's Writer : Anne Lawrence
Annukka

James 1:5

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 24.01.2014 11:40

Today's Verse for 01/23/2014

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. — James 1:5

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

Wisdom is that elusive quality we respect in others and find so difficult to develop in ourselves. Yet God promises it to those who really ask. But remember the secret of ASKing — asking, seeking, and knocking. Or better yet, check out Proverbs 2. Wisdom is ours only if we seek it above all other possessions and value it above all other diversions. God longs to impart it, but there is something about spiritual wisdom that demands we value it before we can receive it.

Prayer

Gracious giver of all good gifts, please bless me with wisdom today. Let me reflect your will and live for your glory in all my decisions. Let your Kingdom guide my heart as I make my choices and have your Spirit lead me in your ways. I confess, Father, that I cannot guide my own steps without your help. So grant me wisdom this day. I pray in Jesus name. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Annukka

Hunger for the Word of God

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 24.01.2014 18:58

Hunger for the Word of God

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“I rejoice at Thy Word.” Psalm 119:162

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
Job said, “I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food” (Job 23:12). When God’s Word is as important to you as your physical food, then you’re going to start to grow in your Christian life.

I wonder if one day the dust on our Bibles is not going to testify against us. The following verse sobers my heart, “These hath God married and no man shall part, dust on the Bible and drought on the heart.” Oh, that we would hunger for the Word of God!

ACTION POINT:
Fast one meal today. Sense just a touch of the hunger our hearts are to have for the Word of God. And remember to pray for those who need the pure milk of His Word!

FacebookTwitter
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum