tuumis

Devotional

Valvoja: Annukka

Was There A Virgin Birth?

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 02.12.2013 15:29

Was There A Virgin Birth?

BIBLE MEDITATION
“And the angel said unto her, ‘Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favor with God. And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a Son, and shalt call His name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto Him the throne of His father David…and of His kingdom there shall be no end.’ Then said Mary unto the angel, ‘How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?’ And the angel answered and said unto her, ‘The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God…. For with God nothing shall be impossible.’” Luke 1:31-37

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
There are people who sneer at the idea of a virgin birth. “Ha!” they say, “How could this happen?” The angel said to Mary, “With God nothing shall be impossible.”

Do you believe that? “With God, nothing.” If you have trouble with the virgin birth, your real trouble is with God. Be reasonable. If God could make the first man without a father or mother, don’t you think He could bring His Son into this world in a virgin birth?

If you don’t believe in the virgin birth, you have some character problems.

• The character of Mary. If Mary had a child out of wedlock, then Mary was an impure woman.
• The character of Jesus. If Jesus had not been born of a virgin, he would have been the son of Adam, and in Adam all die. Jesus Christ would have had the same human proclivities you and I have, who are by nature the children of wrath.
• The character of the Word of God is flawed, because the Word of God clearly, plainly teaches it.

ACTION POINT:
Think about this today: Your salvation is inextricably interwoven with the virgin birth. No virgin birth, no deity. No deity, no sinless life. No sinless life, no sacrificial death. No sacrificial death, no salvation. No salvation, you’re going to hell. Jesus came to earth that we might go to heaven; born of a virgin that we might be born again. Thank God for the virgin birth.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | Read the Bible | LWF.org | Today's Message

FacebookTwitter
Devotions taken from the messages of Adrian Rogers.
Annukka

Spiritual Leprosy

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 02.12.2013 15:31

Joni and Friends Daily Devotional December 2, 2013

Spiritual Leprosy

"See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."

Hebrews 3:12-13

Looking back over the places I've visited this year, Africa remains the most vivid, especially the plight of its disabled people. Diseases we don't hear much about, like polio and leprosy, are prevalent there. Leprosy causes people to lose the sensation of pain. With no pain to warn them, these people badly damage their fingers or feet to the point they destroy that part of their bodies.

I remember one homeless woman who had no hands but pulled herself around in the dirt on the stumps of her wrists. She had built up calluses, and her skin had become hardened. I wondered how much more damage she was doing to her body.

Now, you might think I have nothing in common with that woman. But I do. And maybe you do, too. A spiritual leprosy is described in the verses for today. This leprosy causes a person's soul to become hardened by sin's deceitfulness. You spiritually lose all sensation of pain, especially things that pain God. You end up ripping your soul apart, and you don't even realize it. White becomes black, black becomes white. You think that what others call your backsliding isn't all that bad.

Listen, leprosy is something you don't fool around with. If you have lied, go back and make it right before you become hardened. If you harbor a fantasy, shelve it! Don't let it deaden your conscience. Don't turn away from the Lord. Let me encourage you today to double-check to see if you have any leprous spots on your soul.

Father of love, never let me move so far from You that I lose my sensitivity to what moves You. Keep me aware of the ways You want me to express Your compassion to the world. Show me any uncleanness in my soul.

Blessings,

Joni and Friends

www.joniandfriends.org
Annukka

Your Hands Fashioned and Made Me

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 02.12.2013 20:53

02 December, 2013
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
Your Hands Fashioned and Made Me

"You clothed me with skin and flesh, and knit me together with bones and sinews. You have granted me life and steadfast love, and your care has preserved my spirit."
Job 10:11-12, ESV

A tiny new baby is a miracle of design! Matt Redman was inspired by looking at the scan of his own child as a baby in the womb and wrote a song with the words ‘So fearfully and wonderfully made. How can they say there is no God?’ When he recorded the song it was introduced by the sound of the heartbeat of a baby within a mother’s womb.

Job declared ‘Your hands fashioned and made me’ and ‘Remember that you have made me like clay’. He also said ‘You clothed me with skin and flesh, and knit me together with bones and sinews. You have granted me life and steadfast love, and your care has preserved my spirit’ (Job 10:8-12).

But doctors must study human bodies in a diseased state as well as a normal one, because even though the universe, and everything in it, was originally created perfect, something has changed. We now see evidence of disorder, pain, suffering, death, destruction, and decay in all forms of life on the earth.

As Jesus went around healing physical disease and sickness He often made a connection between physical and spiritual disorder. He said some walked in darkness and were spiritually blind. Some were deaf to God’s commands. Some were unclean like lepers with sin. Some were paralysed by the guilt of sin. Some had lost their right mind and were controlled by demons, rather than being free to follow God’s will.

Jesus showed us the way to healing and wholeness; the way back to what God created us to be. We can be cleansed and set free from the law of sin and death. He came to redeem us by dying on the cross. He made atonement for the sins of the world. Our part is to confess our sins, ask for forgiveness, and invite Jesus into our lives as Saviour and Lord. We must commit our lives to Him and follow Him. He wants to restore us.

Prayer: Dear heavenly Father, thank You for the gift of life. I commit myself into Your hands for all eternity as well as this life on earth. Please cleanse me from my sin and all forms of disorder in my spirit, soul and body, in Jesus’ name, Amen.

Today's Writer : Liz Griffin
Annukka

Matthew 1:22-23

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 03.12.2013 18:35

Today's Verse for 12/03/2013

All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: "The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" — which means, "God with us." — Matthew 1:22-23

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

God had repeatedly promised it. Men, women, and angels had long anticipated it. Now, in Jesus, it happens. God is with us. Jesus is Immanuel. We live on a visited planet, touched by the very presence of God among us. And it was just as the prophets of old had said.

Prayer

LORD God, my heavenly Father, thank you for keeping your promises, especially when it was so incredibly costly for you to do so. I want to know you better, O God, not just as someone I study, but as someone I encounter in my daily life. Please make your presence known as I seek you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Annukka

How Old Was Jesus When He Was Born?

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 03.12.2013 18:36

How Old Was Jesus When He Was Born?

BIBLE MEDITATION
“And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger….” Luke 2:7 “And great is the mystery of godliness, God was manifest in the flesh.” 1 Timothy 3:16

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
I love 1 Timothy 3:16, “…God was manifest in the flesh.” You may not understand that. The apostle Paul said, “I don’t understand it.” Great is the mystery. God stepped out of heaven and came to this earth through the portals of a virgin’s womb.

Jesus did not have His beginning at Bethlehem. When the Bible says, “In the beginning was the Word,” it’s not talking about a start but a state. There never was a time when Jesus was not. There never will be a time when Jesus is not. A billion years for now He will still be God. He is God from everlasting to everlasting.

When Jesus was born, He was older than His mother and as old His Father because He was the Son from heaven. Jesus did not begin in a manger. He came to earth and was manifest in a manger.

This little baby wrapped in swaddling clothes was the great, eternal, uncreated, self-existing Word made flesh. The little baby in Luke 2 is the mighty God of Genesis 1. He is the One who made it all. Before Him “there was nothing that is made.” That little baby lying in the straw with dimpled feet is the One who swung planets into space. The little baby boy playing with shavings in Joseph’s carpenter shop is God of very God. God manifested in the flesh.

ACTION POINT:
Ponder this truth today: What good is it to know history and the events of history and not know Jesus? For it is in Him we live and move and have our being. He is fully God, forever God.

View or Share online | Discover Jesus | Read the Bible | LWF.org | Today's Message

FacebookTwitter
Annukka

A Stone-Cold Fact

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 03.12.2013 18:40

Joni and Friends Daily Devotional December 3, 2013

A Stone-Cold Fact

"'Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out -- those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned'" John 5:28-29

"My God!" exclaimed the boutique owner, a tall, blonde woman with a German accent, "it would look absolutely great on you!" She held up the jacket on its hanger, twirling it so I could see the back.

"Oh, do you know Him, too?" I asked, matching her energy with a big smile.

"Who?" she wrinkled her forehead.

"God. You mentioned Him. The way you said His name, I thought you might know Him."

"Me? Nah!" she scoffed. "I did that whole God thing many years ago. I don't need Him. I have myself."

That did it. As she took my charge card from my wallet and rang up the sale, I squeezed in as much testimony as I could. By the time I wheeled out the door with my purchase on my lap, Anushka still wasn't convinced. But she did promise to read the Joni book, if I brought back a copy in German.

You meet people like Anushka in your community every day. Trouble is, we never look -- I mean, look deeply -- at a run-of-the-mill shopkeeper and picture this person rising out of their grave to either live or be condemned. Little wonder Jesus says, "Do not be amazed at this." But we are. Maybe it's because we can't imagine Jesus as judge, as anything other than tender and compassionate. Perhaps we can't fathom a voice so loud, so thunderous that it will actually wake the dead.

It takes a passage like today's to jar us out of our spiritual slumber concerning those around us who don't know Christ. One day Jesus will come to judge the living and the dead. The dead, we can't do anything about. The living, we can. Agree with God today that you want to fit into His plan to reach the women who work the day care center... the cleaning lady... the bank teller... and those who don't know the Savior. Like Anushka.

Embolden me, O God, to give the gospel to others today.

Blessings,

Joni and Friends

www.joniandfriends.org

Find us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterView our videos on YouTubeVisit our blogFind us on Google+View our profile on LinkedInFind us on Pinterest
Annukka

Take Your Stand Against the Devil’s Schemes

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 03.12.2013 19:14

03 December, 2013
Today's Free Devotional from Ellel Ministries International
Take Your Stand Against the Devil’s Schemes

"But I am afraid that just as Eve was deceived by the Serpent’s cunning your minds might be somehow led astray from your sincere and pure devotion to Christ."
2 Corinthians 11:3, NIV

God has a plan and a purpose for the life of every believer. This is fulfilled as we walk in obedience and devotion to Jesus as Lord of our lives. The devil has schemes through which he seeks to lead each of us out of God’s purposes and into his own. He ever seeks to manipulate, so that our ‘sincere and pure devotion to Christ’ is compromised to his advantage, and we lose that deep sense of intimacy with God. God’s plans and the devil’s schemes are exact opposites. The devil uses ungodly tactics to accomplish his schemes.

His first tactic is deception which is his very nature. To deceive someone is to convince them to believe something that’s a lie is true. Satan began this in the garden when he twisted the truth of what God had said, and convinced Eve that to disobey God would be to her advantage. In consequence she doubted God and believed the lies of Satan. In her heart she received the lie that God was withholding something from her. Deception can’t be separated from lies. It darkens our hearts so that we can’t walk clearly in the light of life.

Satan’s second tactic is temptation. When Satan deceived Eve in the Garden of Eden she fell to his temptation, and that which God had forbidden now seemed good to her. Once we’re deceived we lose that vital connection with God, fail to take our stand against the devil’s schemes, and yield to temptation. Sadly, like Eve, we may fail to recognise what’s happening until we’re caught in a snare.

Satan’s third tactic is discouragement. We can become discouraged when we face emotional challenges of disappointment, loneliness, fear or loss. Physical challenges such as illness, lack of sleep and lingering weakness can be discouraging. During times when God doesn’t seem as close to us as He has been in the past, Satan plays on the circumstances we face, and magnifies discouragement into hopelessness.

‘Take your stand against the devil’s schemes’. Victory is not according to our feelings. It’s been accomplished by Jesus, who came to destroy the devil’s work (1 John 3:8). We can be assured that ‘In all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us’ (Romans 8:37).

So, whatever your circumstances today, stand firm against the devil’s cunning, so that you’re not led astray from your ‘sincere and pure devotion to Christ’.

Prayer: Dear Father in heaven, thank You for the cross, for the victory Jesus won over sin and Satan. Thank You for the power of the cross in my life today. I take my stand against the devils’ schemes. I renounce deception, temptation and discouragement as enemy tactics, and put my trust and confidence in Your word and in the finished work of Jesus on the cross. Amen.

Today's Writer : Margaret Silvester
Annukka

Romans 1:16

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 04.12.2013 18:40

Today's Verse for 12/04/2013

I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. — Romans 1:16

Share on Facebook | Discuss this Verse

Thought

Are you ashamed? Culture tries to make us ashamed about our faith, portraying people of faith as stupid, insensitive, judgmental, and hypocritical. Are you ashamed? Are you willing to share your faith humbly and gently with those who do not know Jesus as their Lord? Are you ashamed? Your hero left heaven to come to earth and risk everything so that you could come home to heaven with him. This Gospel is powerful. This Gospel is transformational. This Gospel, and the salvation it brings, are for all people. So let's not be ashamed; let's be joyous and generous with this incredible gift that we have received.

Prayer

Father in heaven, please give me wisdom, sensitivity, and courage to share your wonderful story of grace with those around me who do not know Jesus as their Lord and Savior. In Jesus' name. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware.
Annukka

Word of the Father, Now in Flesh Appearing

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 04.12.2013 18:41

Word of the Father, Now in Flesh Appearing

BIBLE MEDITATION:
“Therefore the Lord Himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel.” Isaiah 7:14

DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT:
The educated man is ignorant, the strong man is weak, and the wealthy man is poor who doesn’t understand the true meaning of Christmas.

What good does it do us to put a man on the moon if we can’t get God in our hearts? What good is it to know astronomy, how the heavens go, and not know Jesus, the Bright and Morning Star, and how to go to heaven? What good is it to know botany and the study of flowers and not know Jesus, heaven’s sweetest rose, the Rose of Sharon, who can perfume any life? What good is it to know the events of history, yet not know that history is His story? What good is it to know geology and the ages of rocks and not know Jesus, the Rock of Ages? “For it is in Him we live and move and have our being.”

Jesus was not just another child. He was not just the Galilean peasant, the great teacher. He was supernatural.

The first Christmas God sent a package to earth. This package was a gift of deity wrapped up in humanity. What a marvelous thing this is. It’s supernatural.

ACTION POINT:
You won’t understand Christmas until you understand that. This child was born of a virgin. This child is the very Son of God. Never forget this. Read the words of Isaiah 9:6-7. Let his prophecy about this child speak to you today.

FacebookTwitter
Annukka

Who Gets the Prize?

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 04.12.2013 18:43

Joni and Friends Daily Devotional December 4, 2013

Who Gets the Prize?

"Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads.... They lay their crowns before the throne and say: 'You are worthy, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they were created and have their being."

Revelation 4:4,10b-11

"His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns."

Revelation 19:12

When I was growing up, I loved to enter my thoroughbred in the local horse shows. I'd prepare for that day by putting my horse through his paces, polishing my boots, soaping my saddle, and starching and ironing my shirt. I worked hard. But I didn't work nearly as hard as the horse. After all, he was the one who had to soar over those fences and make his way through a complex maze of jumps.

When it came time for us to receive the prize, a person of importance would walk up to my horse. He'd usually give my hot and lathered animal a pat and then -- reach up to hand me the trophy and ribbon. My horse did all the work, but I received the honors. I suppose that's because I owned him. Plus, I was the one who had taken him through the course.

That situation is a bit like our Christian lives. Ephesians 1:18 says, "I pray...that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints."

We are Christ's inheritance, the prize. Not only are we, the prize, reserved in honor for Him, but also the praise. Oh, sure, we do much of the work here on earth. There's a lot of blood, sweat and tears. The course on earth is long and complex. At times we get weary. Even so, on the day of awards when the Judge approaches, the blue ribbon will go... to Christ! And the crowns we receive we'll cast at His feet. It's because He owns us and He is the one who took us through the course.

As you go through the complex maze of your day, remember that the more you obey and the longer you persevere, the greater His glory.

Jesus Christ, thank You that my obedience and perseverance bring You glory.

Blessings,

Joni and Friends

www.joniandfriends.org

w
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum