tuumis

Political

Valvoja: Annukka

Radical leftist lawyers...

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 17.09.2014 07:34

Annukka

Arab Member of Knesset speaking in Finland.

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 17.09.2014 21:46

“Please give us apartheid!” – Arab Member of Knesset speaking in Finland.

I had the chance to witness an interesting event on September 8 at the university of Helsinki, Finland. A member of the Knesset, Jamal Zahalka, was speaking about the situation in Gaza. Together with him was Amira Hass, an Israeli Jewish journalist who started her speech by stating that she is “an honorary Gazan.”

Zahalka, although speaking in an event that was titled “Peace forum,” and despite himself being a member of the Israeli parliament, concentrated in his speech on demonizing Israel and ensuring that his audience would, by end the night, be hating Israel.

When someone asked him whether Israel was an apartheid state, he responded, “No, but it’s from the same family.” Then he began describing how Israel is much like apartheid – but apparently worse. He said, “We [Israeli Arabs] would actually prefer apartheid. Give us apartheid! At least we would then be allowed to stay in our homes.”

I couldn’t stop thinking of how my South African friends who survived the real apartheid would react upon hearing an Arab member of the Israeli parliament explaining to a group of Europeans how he would prefer apartheid to the current situation in which he is not only allowed to vote but is actually a member of the government.

Zahalka also kept on speaking about Israeli violence against Palestinians, refusing to talk about Hamas terrorism beyond calling it a “struggle for a just cause.”

He asked people whose side they were on: that of the pilot who about to fire a missile into a Gaza building, or that of a baby inside that building. When asked how about the Gazans who demonstrate against Hamas’s policies, demanding peace, and who are executed by Hamas as a result, Zahalka simply repeated that Israel kills Palestinian children.

As if all of that wasn’t enough, Zahalka demanded that Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu be prosecuted at the International Criminal Court for his “crimes” against the Palestinians. Hass, on the other hand, explained to the audience that “there is not a single Palestinian who has not been hurt by Israel, and who would not be threatened by Israeli policies.”

Neither condemned Hamas rockets, neither condemned Hamas’s use of UN facilities as rocket launching sites, neither mentioned the plight of Gazans under Hamas rule nor the use of civilians as human shields. Neither brought up the fact that Israeli Arabs have the highest level of education, standard of living and human rights in all Middle East. Zahalka, instead, was calling for the world to pressure Israel by sanctions and boycotts, to push Israel into becoming a “real” democracy.

In my country such a politician would be called a traitor and his place would not be in the parliament.

The audience, however, not surprisingly loved Zahalka and Hass – after all they had confirmed to their listeners that Israel really was as bad as they thought – even worse, in fact.

On the other hand, I had a chance to speak with an Iraqi person attending the event. This Iraqi said to me, “I can not believe that this Arab brother travels the world sympathizing with the Islamist Hamas, while thousands of his brothers are being slaughtered by other Islamists in Syria and Iraq.”

It was quite a strange moment to me, realizing that after hearing two Israeli speakers, the only common sense I heard all evening came from an Iraqi Muslim.

Thanks to people like Hass and Zahalka, the anti-Semitism in Europe has risen to 1930s levels. Their message in the “peace forum” (organized by ICAHD Finland and partly paid for with public money through the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture) was not one of peace but of pure hatred. I am neither Israeli nor Jewish, but I felt absolutely disgusted.

If this is the way these speakers promote peace, no wonder peace hasn’t been achieved.

And Mr. Zahalka, I’d suggest you first speak with South African survivors of apartheid, then with the rest of the Israeli Arabs, before you start asking for apartheid.

I don’t think many of your voters would agree with you.

The author has a bachelor’s degree in social sciences.
Annukka

ISIS and crying kids

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 18.09.2014 19:39

Annukka

This is What the Muslims Want!

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 20.09.2014 09:42

Annukka

Arab Terrorists Throw Rocks at School Bus in Jerusalem

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 21.09.2014 19:31

Arab Terrorists Throw Rocks at School Bus in Jerusalem

Bus carrying schoolchildren damaged in latest attack, leaving City Councilman Aryeh King livid at lack of police presence.

Share on facebook

Share on twitter

Share on email

Share on print

More Sharing Services

By Orly Harari, Tova Dvorin

First Publish: 9/21/2014, 11:32 AM

Damaged bus

Damaged bus

Facebook page of Aryeh King

Arab terrorists threw rocks at a bus carrying Jewish schoolchildren in the neighborhood surrounding the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem Sunday morning, in the latest terror-related incident in the capital.

No injuries were reported, but the bus's windshield was damaged.

Police are currently sweeping the area for suspects.

Jerusalem City Council member Aryeh King, who is closely involved with establishing a Jewish presence in the area, lamented the lack of security after news of the incident first broke.

"What a great start to the last week in the year," he stated. The Jewish New Year, or Rosh Hashanah, begins Wednesday evening. "Three masked terrorists attacked a student bus (including six of my children, among others) traveling to the old city."

"Police have arrested 600, 700, 800 - it may soon reach 1,000 terrorists arrested," King noted. "There is no doubt that the policy of arrests being used by the police force is not working."

"We have a great police force but no deterrence," he continued. "This is how Jewish residents of Jerusalem live their lives."

King called for the police to "establish a constant presence" in Jerusalem's Arab neighborhoods, noting that only then can the rioting - which began as localized clashes in June and has trickled beyond Arab areas - be stemmed from the source.

Sunday's incident surfaces just days after Jerusalem's mayor, Nir Barkat, clarified that he would crack down on rioting and unrest.

"I want to clarify this decisively: a heavy and uncompromising hand should be taken against anyone who does violence of any kind," Barkat stated Thursday night. "We will not accept a situation where we see throwing stones or Molotov cocktails at the light rail, at Jewish homes in eastern Jerusalem or any other kind of violence."

"We have to step up and create a deterrent, a punishment to let [rioters] know - anyone who thinks they can take the law into their own hands will be caught and will pay a heavy price," Barkat urged.

Attacks have risen exponentially in recent months in Jerusalem, in a phenomenon dubbed "the silent intifada" that has been quickly spiraling out of control with lynch-mobs and even live gunfire.

While over 600 arrests were reportedly made since rioting first began in July, a tolerance for escalating unrest has grown, and a recent expose revealed that some rioters - who are being encouraged to throw fireworks and other dangerous materials at police - are as young as nine years old.
Annukka

Are There Any Muslims in the Middle East?

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 22.09.2014 06:48

Annukka

Palestinians and the "Death Boats" Scandal

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 27.09.2014 19:42

Annukka

PA University Ejects Leftist Journalist for Being Jewish

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 28.09.2014 16:52

PA University Ejects Leftist Journalist for Being Jewish

Veteran Haaretz journalist Amira Hass left offended by discrimination at pro-Palestinian conference in Birzeit University.

Share on facebook

Share on twitter

Share on email

Share on print

More Sharing Services

By Nir Har-Zahav and Tova Dvorin

First Publish: 9/28/2014, 11:48 AM

Amira Hass

Amira Hass

Flash 90

A Haaretz reporter was ejected from a pro-Palestinian conference at Birzeit University on Saturday, reporter Amira Hass said - simply for being an Israeli Jew.

Hass attempted to attend the "Alternatives to Neo-Liberal Development in the Occupied Palestinian Territories – Critical Perspectives" conference at the university, which is located near Ramallah where she lives.

But she was ejected from the hall by the organizers, Hass claimed, after students at the admission desk noted she worked for the Israeli publication and alerted security authorities to intervene.

Birzeit University has had a policy of barring Israeli Jews from the campus for over 20 years, administrators said, and ejected her for fear that she would be attacked by an unruly mob of students.

Hass was not assaulted by Palestinian Arab students at the conference, she noted, but rumors did surface shortly afterwards of such a confrontation.

Her colleagues and professors told her that she was being ejected on the one hand "for her own protection" and also to give the students "a safe space" free of Jews.

Meanwhile, the University has officially denied that there was a problem.

"The administration has no objection to the presence of the journalist [Amira] Hass," it insisted, in an official statement. "The University distinguishes between friends of the Palestinian people and its enemies ... and works with every person and institution who opposes the occupation."

But Hass - who is well-known in Arab and leftist circles for her aggressive anti-Zionism, and provoked outrage last year for justifying rock-throwing attacks against Jews - angrily noted that she was "not told" about the policy and that "Palestinian citizens of Israel [i.e. Israeli Arabs - ed.] who teach at Israeli universities are not subject to the same policy."

Even the conference's organizers were offended, Hass added, noting that keynote speaker Katja Herrmann - the regional head of the pro-Palestinian NGO the Rosa Luxembourg Foundation - stated after the incident that she would not have agreed to attend the event had she known about the discrimination policy.

The incident surfaces amid growing tension between parts of the Israeli Left and the Palestinian Authority. Several left-wing parties, including Labor and Justice Minister Tzipi Livni's HaTnua party, openly supported Israel's self-defense operation in Gaza, Operation Protective Edge. More recently, Palestinian Authority (PA) Chairman Mahmoud Abbas's anti-Israel tirade at the UN General Assembly offended even Meretz Chairman Zehava Gal-On, who branded the remarks as "serious and grave."
Annukka

Palestinian Terror in the City of Peace

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 30.09.2014 19:58

Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum