tuumis

Political

Valvoja: Annukka

Charities use Christmas in political war on Israel

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 27.12.2013 09:17

Report: Charities use Christmas in political war on Israel

In report published this week, NGO Monitor lists Christian nongovernmental organizations that "often use offensive and inflammatory rhetoric in Christmas carols, holiday messages and cards, nativity scenes, and other items."

Israel Hayom Staff

Several well-known charities are exploiting the Christmas season with political warfare against Israel, the Israeli non-governmental organization NGO Monitor said in a report published this week.

According to the report, groups such as Christian Aid (U.K.), Sabeel, War on Want (U.K.), Amos Trust, Israel Committee Against House Demolitions, and Adalah-NY are "again using theological themes to advance immoral anti-Israel campaigns, boycotts (BDS), and, in some cases, anti-Semitism."

These organizations, says NGO Monitor, "often use offensive and inflammatory rhetoric in Christmas carols, holiday messages and cards, nativity scenes, and other items. This year, verses and prayers that promote anti-Israel themes are prominent, polarizing Jewish-Christian relations and exacerbating an already complex and violent conflict. ... The abuse of Christmas messages is part of a broad international campaign to introduce political warfare against Israel into churches."

NGO Monitor was founded, according to its mission statement, to "promote accountability, and advance a vigorous discussion on the reports and activities of humanitarian NGOs in the framework of the Arab-Israeli conflict."

It says many nongovernmental organizations are funded by European and other governments.
Annukka

An Urgent Report.

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 27.12.2013 09:31

An Urgent Report.

12-27-2013
Could you imagine for a moment being born into an Islamic Muslim family? From childhood you are told that if you do this, or that, they will hold you down on a bench and give you 30, 40 or more lashes with a whip, but if you do this, or that, they will cut your hands or feet off. But if you do this, or that, we will bury you up to your head in the ground and stone you to death – starting with small stones and then larger ones. But if you do this, or that, we will cut your head off. And if you ever renounce Islam we will hunt you down and kill you. That is just a small look at Sharia Law. It is really much worse. From childhood you are taught that killing Jews will get you into heaven. Or to die killing any non-Muslim in Jihad will get you into Paradise to be with Allah. And if you give your life as a suicide bomber you are guaranteed to be in Paradise with Allah.

These are the people that Obama and Kerry are trying to force Israel to give up more land to. Knowing it will bring about the end of the Jewish state of Israel. These are also the same people that Obama is moving into positions in the US Government and around the country to begin an Islamic revolution along with nationwide race riots in order to allow the introduction of Martial law.

Obama’s support for the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood should be more than enough proof even for the most liberal American. Yet it seems there is a spiritual blindness that has kept them from seeing the truth. Today, Egypt is turning to Russia for military support. Even allowing Russia to build a sea port on the Egyptian shores of the Mediterranean. This will give Russia a port to our north in Syria and now one just to our south on the Egyptian coast. When you consider the kind of missiles these Russian warships carry it is scary to say the least.

Hamas in Gaza was created and supported by the Muslim Brotherhood out of Egypt. This means Hamas now find themselves in a very bad position as Egypt is closing down their supply tunnels into Gaza and the border crossing. Declaring the Muslim Brotherhood a Terrorist Organization.

With life becoming harder every day in Gaza, the Hamas know they have to do something, and within the Arab world that ‘something’ is always the same; start killing. The enemy if possible – if not, just start killing someone, anyone. It is the Islamic Muslim way.

And here in Israel we are beginning to see that sick Islamic philosophy begin to play out. As missiles once again are being fired out of Gaza into our civilian population – with of course no condemnation from the UN, or the rest of the world. It is a war crime and a crime against humanity – Yet no one seems to want to call it that. After all, they are only killing Jews.

Over the past few weeks we have seen an escalation in bombings, stabbings and shootings. Many have been hurt and even killed by rock throwing at our cars on the highways and roads by “Palestinian youth”. It looks like the beginning of the third “Intifada”. Another Arab word that justifies the killing of innocent people that they call “Infidels”.

In the meantime Islam is moving at a very rapid pace throughout Europe. Large numbers of French Jewry are now leaving in fear for their lives and because they now no longer see a future in that country for their children.

Jerry
Annukka

‘I feel like a stranger where I live’ – Jane Kelly

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 30.12.2013 19:30

‘I feel like a stranger where I live’ – Jane Kelly

– December 28, 2013

As new figures show ‘white flight’ from cities is rising, one Londoner writes a provocative personal piece about how immigration has drastically changed the borough where she has lived for 17 years

“When you go swimming, it’s much healthier to keep your whole body completely covered, you know.” The Muslim lady behind the counter in my local pharmacy has recently started giving me advice like this. It’s kindly meant and I’m always glad to hear her views because she is one of the few people in west London where I live who talks to me.

The streets around Acton, which has been my home since 1996, have taken on a new identity. Most of the shops are now owned by Muslims and even the fish and chip shop and Indian takeaway are Halal. It seems that almost overnight it’s changed from Acton Vale into Acton Veil.

Of the 8.17 million people in London, one million are Muslim, with the majority of them young families. That is not, in reality, a great number. But because so many Muslims increasingly insist on emphasising their separateness, it feels as if they have taken over; my female neighbours flap past in full niqab, some so heavily veiled that I can’t see their eyes. I’ve made an effort to communicate by smiling deliberately at the ones I thought I was seeing out and about regularly, but this didn’t lead to conversation because they never look me in the face.

I recently went to the plainly named “Curtain Shop” and asked if they would put some up for me. Inside were a lot of elderly Muslim men. I was told that they don’t do that kind of work, and was back on the pavement within a few moments. I felt sure I had suffered discrimination and was bewildered as I had been there previously when the Muslim owners had been very friendly. Things have changed. I am living in a place where I am a stranger.

I was brought up in a village in Staffordshire, and although I have been in London for a quarter of a century I have kept the habit of chatting to shopkeepers and neighbours, despite it not being the done thing in metropolitan life. Nowadays, though, most of the tills in my local shops are manned by young Muslim men who mutter into their mobiles as they are serving. They have no interest in talking to me and rarely meet my gaze. I find this situation dismal. I miss banter, the hail fellow, well met chat about the weather, or what was on TV last night.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... ign=Buffer
.- See more at: http://www.cjhsla.org/2013/12/28/i-feel ... qJfZM.dpuf
Annukka

Majority of Europe’s Muslims Favor Sharia Over Democracy – S

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 30.12.2013 19:33

Majority of Europe’s Muslims Favor Sharia Over Democracy – Soeren Kern

– December 28, 2013

Multiculturalists argue that Muslim citizens will eventually adopt the West’s democratic mindset. These findings make that doubtful.

The majority of Muslims in Europe believe Islamic Sharia lw should take precedence over the secular constitutions and laws of their European host countries, according to a new study, which warns that Islamic fundamentalism is widespread and rising sharply in Western Europe.

The “Six Country Immigrant Integration Comparative Survey“—a five-year study of Moroccan and Turkish immigrants in Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Holland and Sweden—was published on December 11 by theWZB Berlin Social Science Center, one of the largest social science research institutes in Europe.

According to the study (German and English), which was funded by the German government, two thirds (65%) of the Muslims interviewed say Islamic Sharia law is more important to them than the laws of the country in which they live.

Three quarters (75%) of the respondents hold the opinion that there is only one legitimate interpretation of the Koran, which should apply to all Muslims, and nearly 60% of Muslims believe their community should return to “Islamic roots.”

The survey shows that 44% of the Moroccans and Turks interviewed agree with all three of the above statements, which makes them “consistent fundamentalists,” and fundamentalist attitudes are just as widespread among younger Muslims as they are among older Muslims.

According to the study, Islamic fundamentalism is most pronounced in Austria, where 73% of Muslims interviewed say Sharia law is more important than the secular laws of the state; 79% say there is only one correct interpretation of the Koran that should apply to all, and 65% believe Muslims should return to their Islamic roots. In Austria, 55% of the Muslims surveyed say they agree with all three of the above statements.

The author of the study, the Dutch sociologist Ruud Koopmans, says that “comparisons with other German studies reveal remarkably similar patterns. For instance, in the 2007 Muslime in Deutschland study, 47% of German Muslims agreed with the statement that following the rules of one’s religion is more important than democracy, almost identical to the 47% in our survey that finds the rules of the Koran more important than the laws of Germany.”

The survey also shows considerable Muslim hostility towards so-called out-groups, which are viewed as threatening the religious in-group. For example, nearly 60% of the Muslims interviewed reject homosexuals as friends and 45% say Jews cannot be trusted.

Here too, Muslims in Austria appear to be more fundamentalist than in other European countries: 69% of Muslims in Austria say they reject homosexuals as friends, 63% say Jews cannot be trusted, and 66% believe the West seeks to destroy Islam.

By way of comparison, among European non-Muslim natives interviewed for the study in the six countries, 8% express mistrust against Jews, 10% against homosexuals, 21% against Muslims, and 1.4% against all three.

According to Koopmans, Muslim fundamentalism “is not an innocent form of strict religiosity…While about one in five native Europeans can be considered as Islamophobic, the level of phobia against the West among Muslims—for which oddly enough there is no word; one might call it ‘Occidentophobia’—is much higher still, with 54% believing that the West is out to destroy Islam.”

According to Koopmans:

“These findings clearly contradict the often-heard claim that Islamic religious fundamentalism is a marginal phenomenon in Western Europe or that it does not differ from the extent of fundamentalism among the Christian majority. Both claims are blatantly false, as almost half of European Muslims agree that Muslims should return to the roots of Islam, that there is only one interpretation of the Koran, and that the rules laid down in it are more important than secular laws. Among native Christians, less than one in 25 can be characterized as fundamentalist in this sense. Religious fundamentalism is moreover not an innocent form of strict religiosity, as its strong relationship—among both Christians and Muslims—to hostility towards out-groups demonstrates.

“Both the extent of Islamic religious fundamentalism and its correlates—homophobia, anti-Semitism and “Occidentophobia”—should be serious causes of concern for policy makers as well as Muslim community leaders. Of course, religious fundamentalism should not be equated with the willingness to support, or even to engage in religiously motivated violence. But given its strong relationship to out-group hostility, religious fundamentalism is very likely to provide a nourishing environment for radicalization.”

In a commentary on the study, the German newspaper Die Welt says the findings cast serious doubt upon the unbridled optimism of European multiculturalists, who argue that Muslim citizens will eventually internalize the liberal democratic mindset of Western society.

“The data are not suitable for simple conclusions,” the paper writes. “But it must be recognized: democracies must beware of those who believe a free society is something that needs to be vanquished.”

http://www.clarionproject.org/analysis/ ... democracy#
.- See more at: http://www.cjhsla.org/2013/12/28/majori ... y2OSL.dpuf
Annukka

Even BBC Must Admit: Israel Loves its Enemies

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 30.12.2013 19:54

Even BBC Must Admit: Israel Loves its Enemies

Monday, December 30, 2013 | Yossi Aloni

Related Stories
Israelis Saving African Lives
Israeli army invites Gaza farmers to Tel Aviv conference
Israeli child's donated kidney saves Palestinian boy

Topics:
Israeli Goodwill

Israel has taken great pride in a recent BBC report regarding the Jewish state’s genuine care for its enemies. The BBC is often seen as biased against Israel, but the report in question had nothing but good things to say about Israel over its selfless care for victims of the ongoing civil war in Syria, a nation still officially at war with Israel.

BBC Middle East correspondent Kevin Connolly visited Ziv Hospital in the northern Israel town of Safed and brought back a story of Syrians under fire whose lives were literally saved by their worst enemy.

Connolly interviewed a Syrian mother giving birth to her baby at the Israeli hospital after the clinic in her own village turned her away due to its inability to handle her case amidst the chaos of war. The child “will one day have quite a story to tell. That is, if his parents ever decide to tell him,” noted Connolly. The woman was already in labor when she was turned away from her local clinic. “Her worried husband knew that it was possible to get her treated in Israel - and so the couple began a dangerous race to the frontier in a country at war and a desperate race against time,” the reporter continued.

Like many before them, the anxious couple came to a point near the Israel-Syria border where they knew Israeli military patrols would see them. Shortly after, an Israeli military ambulance picked up the woman and transferred her on time to Ziv Hospital.

Connolly pointed out that the new mother “was the 177th person to make the journey to the emergency room in what has become one of the most extraordinary subplots of Syria’s agonizing civil war.”

The astonished correspondent explained that the phenomenon has become so common-place that an “informal system of patient transfer has become so well-established that some patients have even arrived with letters of referral written by doctors in Syria for their Israeli counterparts.”

The director of Ziv Hospital, Dr. Oscar Embon, told the BBC that he hoped the experience of the Syrian patients would be different from what they had been raised to believe about Israel. “Most of them express their gratitude and their wish for peace between the two countries,” said Embon.

Of course, decades of indoctrination are hard to reverse in just a few short days or weeks. Embon said he doesn’t “expect [the Syrian patients] to become lovers of Israel and ambassadors for what we do here, but in the interim I expect they will reflect on what was their experience here and that they will reflect differently on what the regime tells them about Israelis and Syrians being enemies.”

Connolly went on to write about the compelling human dramas taking place in the hospital.

“Most of the patients…won’t talk about what they have been through - they are too frightened about what would happen to them back in Syria if it emerged they had been to Israel,” he noted.

One person who was ready to talk was an Israeli Arab social worker who identified himself as Faris, whose job it was to calm the disoriented Syrian visitors, many of whom come to only to find themselves being treated in an enemy state they have been taught is a bloodthirsty foe to all Arabs.

Faris’ job is perhaps the most difficult of all at Ziv Hospital. In addition to having to explain a complicated situation, he also must eventually say goodbye to people with whom he has formed a strong bond, knowing that he will never see them again.

“When people come here for two months,” Faris told Connolly, “a relationship starts between you and them and becomes stronger. Then they go home and the sad thing is you can’t be in contact with them because their villages are ‘enemy’ villages.”

As word of the outstanding and unexpected medical care in Israel spreads, Connolly is certain that more and more Syrians will make their way to the border. Especially as Syrians gradually learn that the Jews of Israel mean them no harm.
Annukka

Ya'alon: EU boycott preferable to rockets on Ben-Gurion Airp

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 30.12.2013 20:04

Ya'alon: EU boycott preferable to rockets on Ben-Gurion Airport

By YONAH JEREMY BOB

12/30/2013 14:33
Defense minister says "wide-eyed and naïve people in the West" err in pressuring Israel that "peace must happen immediately."
Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon
Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon Photo: Ariel Hermoni, Defense Ministry spokesman

Defense Minister Moshe Ya'alon on Monday said that if compromises in peace negotiations would lead to "rockets from Nablus, Ramallah and Jenin on to Ben-Gurion Airport, then I would rather have a European boycott" on Israel.

Ya'alon also addressed Sunday's rocket attack from Lebanon. Despite Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu's assigning responsibility to Lebanon and Hezbollah, the defense minister implied that preliminary information indicated that the attack was perpetrated by Sunnis fighting Hezbollah in Syria who hoped to fool Israel into retaliating against Hezbollah.

Elaborating on his comments about rockets and boycotts, he said that wide-eyed and naïve people in the West and even some Israelis constantly press the state that "peace must happen immediately" though he listed many life problems which take time to resolve and must be managed patiently.

Assailing the West as "paternalistic," Ya'alon said that instead of them explaining to him, with all of his experience on the ground, how he misunderstands the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, we need "to explain to Europe why they're wrong."

He also complained that some in the West were what he considered obsessed with solving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as the solution to all problems in the Middle East when really he said that it is currently clear that "problems in Tunisia and Egypt have nothing to do with us."

Regarding the Palestinians he said, "we don’t want to rule over them," but said the focus should be helping them improve the Palestinians "economy, government, institutions, courts, and most importantly education."

Yaalon added that he viewed he rise in "attacks by individuals" as resulting from "incitement by Palestinian leaders, their media and their education."

Stay on top of the news - get the Jerusalem Post headlines direct to your inbox!
Annukka

London's St. James Church Uses Christmas to Slam Israel

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 01.01.2014 07:58

London's St. James Church Uses Christmas to Slam Israel

Tuesday, December 31, 2013 | Israel Today Staff

Related Stories
Israeli brand in hot water for putting 'Christian' prayer on shirt
From Islam to Christianity – Apostasy that Enlightens - Part II
Exploiting Christian Persecution to Demonize Israel

Topics:
Christians

London’s iconic St. James Church joined the growing trend of utilizing the Christmas season to criticize or outright slander Israel.

In the days leading up to the Christian world’s biggest holiday, St. James erected a massive replica of the portion of Israel’s security wall that divides Bethlehem from Jerusalem. Under the banner “Bethlehem Unwrapped,” the wall served as the backdrop for a festive Christmas gathering that put Israel directly in the crosshairs.

Visitors were invited to write messages of solidarity with the Palestinians or condemnations of Israeli security measures on the replica wall, Palestinian children’s art highlighting their victimhood was on display, and a popular Palestinian singer performed.

As usual, the security wall and the current situation in the land were grossly misrepresented.

Similar to other events of its kind, “Bethlehem Unwrapped” presented Israel’s security wall as an arbitrary act of cruelty. There was seemingly no mention of the fact that the wall wasn’t there 10 years ago, or that Israel only reluctantly decided to build the barrier following a major escalation in Palestinian terrorism. At one point in the mid–2000s, Jerusalem was being attacked by gunfire and suicide bombers on an almost daily basis, many of those attacks originating in Bethlehem or areas beyond in Judea.

Most Jerusalemites don’t like the wall, either, but very few would trade it for a return to nearly unchecked terrorism that until recently plagued our city (Israel previously tried to stem the attacks with anti-terror military operations, but was similarly condemned for that).

A good read regarding the topic, and St. James’ deplorable foray into this political issue was penned by Jewish terror victim Kay Wilson, whose Christian friend Kristine Luken was murdered when the two women were attacked by knife-wielding Palestinians south of Jerusalem in 2010.

CLICK HERE to read Wilson’s take over at Times of Israel.
Annukka

Comments

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 01.01.2014 08:02

Mex Seiko
• 8 hours ago

One of the scariest biblical passages is not in Revelation. It's in Matthew 7:21-23 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied (preached) in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Also, the verses prior to this portion talk about false prophets, trees, and fruits. Anyone who follow the good people of Islam and cannot see the fruit of their hatred and their bombs, suicide, and destruction is blind and risks falling down the precipice.

4 △ ▽

Share ›

Dr. Jim Heyman
• 2 hours ago

England has given up on Jesus with the so-called church in the lead. They have turned their backs on the Word and created their own religion while still calling it Christianity. How sad to see; mourn for the judgment that is befalling them. God is not mocked; His long-suffering will be led to judgment if there is no repentance and belief. The once mighty English empire cowers to Islam's demons.

3 △ ▽

Share ›

Richard Barnes
• 9 hours ago

Those who say that Israel never lived in Jerusalem simply refuse to look at facts. The Roman arch of the General Titus is still standing in Rome today and celebrates his victory over Israel in Jerusalem. It even shows Romans taking the Holy items from the temple. God has returned Israel to his land and they will never be removed from it again. ANY give away of God’s land is a sin in God’s eyes. Rather it’s from a US deal or any other. I pray for peace but all too often what takes place is war. In the middle east we have wars and rumors of wars and sometimes rumors of peace on an almost weekly basis. The agreement with Iran makes it clear that Iran will continue to enrich uranium, and I doubt that Israel can actually take such a big chance. Current intelligence seems uncertain of when Iran could get the bomb and Israel cannot afford to gamble with this. Time IS running out. Another question is rather or not the Russian/Syrian agreement will do the trick in Syria? Stay tuned. I wrote a small 6 or 7 page book that talks about what I believe the Bible states will take place soon as well as the potential trends I see at this time. I don’t accept donations and it’s free. It’s a short read. I encourage you to have a look: http://www.booksie.com/religio...

1 △ ▽

Share ›

LeChaim
• 3 hours ago

Now you can see one reason, why Islam is now partitioning London.

△ ▽

Share ›

LeChaim
• 3 hours ago

They have lost their message, so they now have to preach satan's anti-Israel messages. What they are doing is nothing but ICHABOD on display. This church, like most churches in the UK have no voice in the UK. Ironically, it is only when it is against israel, that they seem to have one.

There was Naomi, Ruth and Orpah.

This church is Orpah, and just like Orpah, they will disappear into oblivion, with respect to God's records, if they do not repent.

△ ▽

Share ›
Annukka

92 universities reject academic boycott of Israel

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 02.01.2014 08:47

92 universities reject academic boycott of Israel

By MICHAEL WILNER, MAYA SHWAYDER JERUSALEM POST

01/01/2014 11:59

Four academic institutes have now cut ties with American Studies Association for their decision to join boycott.
Boycotting Israel
Boycotting Israel Photo: REUTERS

NEW YOR K – More than 90 American universities have so far released statements rejecting the American Studies Association decision to boycott Israeli academic institutions, and several have cut ties with the organization in protest.

The Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations expressed appreciation to university presidents and chancellors who “stood up against this discriminatory and unjustified measure and rejected the ASA boycott of Israel.”

Related:
• Ambassador Dermer: Academic boycott of Israel 'a travesty'

• Oren calls on US Congress to quell movement to boycott Israel academically

“This is now a clarion call to reject the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions movement and assure that American campuses are not subverted for extremist political ends,” said Conference of Presidents chairman Robert G. Sugarman and executive vice chairman Malcolm Hoenlein.

The 5,000-member ASA announced last month that it had endorsed and would participate in a boycott of Israeli universities and academic institutions. The Native American and Indigenous Studies Association (NA ISA ) decided to join the boycott as well shortly thereafter.

The Association for Asian American Studies was the first to join the boycott in April 2013.

However, many other major academic organizations have condemned the boycott or otherwise expressed their disapproval.

Molly Corbett, president of the American Council on Education – an umbrella group that covers 1,800 institutions and claims to be the “most visible and influential higher education association” in the US – issued a statement on Sunday that “such actions are misguided and greatly troubling, as they strike at the heart of academic freedom….

We hope the leadership of these organizations [who support the boycott] soon reconsiders their actions and trust that other scholarly organizations will see the troubling implications of such boycotts and avoid [a] similar vote.”

The Association of American Universities (AAU ) and the American Association of University Professors (AAUP ) similarly expressed their opposition to the boycott.

“Academic freedom... is a principle that should not be abridged by political considerations.

American colleges and universities, as well as like institutions elsewhere, must stand as the first line of defense against attacks on academic freedom,” wrote AAU chairman William C. Powers – who is also president of the University of Texas at Austin – in a statement co-signed by the presidents of the University of Pennsylvania and Tulane University.

AAUP president Rudy Fichtenbaum and first vice president Henry Reichman stated that their organization “neither supports nor opposes Israeli government or Palestinian policies, although many of our members certainly have strong beliefs on one side or the other. However, the AAUP does stand in opposition to academic boycotts on principle.”

They referenced a 2005 statement their organization had issued in response to the British Association of University Teachers’ boycott of Bar-Ilan and Haifa universities.

“Boycotts are not in themselves matters of principle but tactical weapons in political struggles,” the AAUP said. “Academic boycotts strike directly at the free exchange of ideas.”

Among the more noteworthy universities that rejected the boycott were Harvard, Columbia, Princeton, New York University, Yale and Dartmouth College.

“To be sure, it is entirely appropriate for our campuses to provide a forum for discussion and debate about the policies of any government, including our own,” wrote Columbia University President Lee C.

Bollinger. “But the ASA ’s vote runs counter to this essential academic and political freedom and, taken to its logical conclusion, would necessarily result in boycotts of fellow scholars and peer institutions from many nations around the world.”

In 2007, a letter that Bollinger wrote opposing academic boycotts of Israel received signatures from 400 other college and university presidents.

Princeton president Christopher L. Eisgruber dubbed the boycott “misguided,” adding that singling Israel out was “indefensible.”

But while Eisgruber noted that his “personal support for scholarly engagement with Israel is enthusiastic and unequivocal,” he said he did not intend to denounce the ASA or cut Princeton’s institutional ties with the organization.

“My hope is that the ASA ’s more thoughtful and reasonable members will eventually bring the organization to its senses – here, too, engagement may be better than a boycott,” he wrote.

NYU President John Sexton called the boycott “at heart a disavowal of the free exchange of ideas and the free association of scholars that undergird academic freedom; as such, it is antithetical to the values and tenets of institutions of advanced learning.”

Brandeis University, Indiana University, Kenyon College and Penn State Harrisburg withdrew their membership in the ASA in protest of the boycott decision.

In addition, several academic institutes denied being institutional members of the ASA , including Brown University, Carnegie-Mellon University, Hamilton College, Northwestern University, Temple University, Trinity College, Tufts University, University of Alabama, University of Mississippi, University of Southern California and Willamette University.
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum