tuumis

This and That

Valvoja: Annukka

18 Facts About Jerusalem

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 04.03.2014 14:34

18 Facts About Jerusalem

by: Rabbi Ari Enkin

Rabbi Enkin
: Hello everyone! I am excited to share with you some of the “fun facts” that I found at: hubpages.com/hub/Fun-Facts-Jerusalem

1. Jerusalem has 1,578 public gardens and parks.

2. On average 1,100 tons of trash are picked up and thrown away and 8,500 km of road are swept daily.

3. Jerusalem has over 2,000 archeological sites.

4. There are over 30,000 volunteer workers in Jerusalem

5. Jerusalem has over 70 cultural centers that teach art, music, poetry, literature, and performance to young people.

6. There are more than 60 museums in Jerusalem.

7. There are 90 hotels in Jerusalem hosting over 9,000 hotel rooms.

8. There are 30 annual festivals in Jerusalem, the most in all of Israel.

9. There are 26 wineries in Jerusalem.

10. A lion is the emblem of the municipality of Jerusalem.

11. Throughout Jewish history, Jews have wanted to be buried on Mount of Olives. There is estimated to be about 150,000 graves dating back to the 15th century till now.

12. There are 7 open gates in the Old City of Jerusalem.

13. Jerusalem is the focal point of the three Jewish holidays of Sukkot, Pesach, and Shavuot.

14. In the days of Abraham, Jerusalem was called Shalem.

15. The First Temple was overseen by 3,300 men and built by 150,000 Jewish workers.

16. King David was buried on Mount Zion.

17. There are over 6,000 species of plants in the Jerusalem Botanical Gardens.

18. The length of the wall surrounding the old city is 4 kilometers.

Please SHARE with your friends and family!

Enjoy this article? Sign up for our newsletter!
Annukka

Dry Bones

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 05.03.2014 09:58

Annukka

Ten Reasons to Come to Jesus

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 05.03.2014 21:34

Ten Reasons to Come to Jesus

Luke 2:11 - Jesus is the Savior,
Come to Him and be forgiven and saved;
John 10:9 - Jesus is the Door,
Come to Him and enter His provision;
John 6:51 - Jesus is the Bread of Life,
Come to Him and feast at His table;
John 8:12 - Jesus is the Light of the World,
Come to Him and see clearly;
John 10:14 - Jesus is the Good Shepherd,
Come to Him and be led in right paths;
John 15:5 - Jesus is the Vine,
Come to Him and abide in fruitfulness;
John 4:10 - Jesus gives living water,
Come to Him and drink to the full;
John 11:25 - Jesus is the Resurrection,
Come to Him and have blessed hope;
John 14:27 - Jesus gives peace,
Come to Him and be not troubled;
John 1:33 - Jesus baptizes with the Holy Spirit,
Come to Him and be empowered to witness.

-Devotional message by Roy Lessin, from his blog Meet Me In The Meadow.
CLICK HERE to visit his blog and join the conversation.

Jesus Calling

I am the Resurrection and the Life; all lasting Life emanates from Me.
People search for life in many wrong ways: chasing after fleeting pleasures, accumulating possessions and wealth, trying to deny the inevitable effects of aging.
Meanwhile I offer abundant Life to everyone who turns toward Me. As you come to Me and take My yoke upon you, I fill you with My very Life. This is how I choose to live in the world and accomplish My purposes. This is also how I bless you with Joy unspeakable and full of Glory. The Joy is Mine, and the Glory is Mine; but I bestow them on you as you live in My Presence, inviting Me to live fully in you.

John 11:25; Matthew 11:28-29; I Peter 1:8-9

Excerpt from the March 2nd devotional of Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.

Easter Devotional Series

We should fear only if God were not in control.
We should worry only if He were not able to meet our needs.
We should strive only if the Lord were not our Shepherd.
We should doubt only if He were not faithful.
We should grieve only if Jesus were not risen!
Alleluia! His life and love have set us free!
Annukka

Do you want to boikot also these items?

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 06.03.2014 09:04

Annukka

Health benefits of Cucumber

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 06.03.2014 09:23

Health benefits of Cucumber

◾It is one of the very low calorie vegetables; provide just 15 calories per 100 g. It contains no saturated fats or cholesterol. Cucumber peel is a good source of dietary fiber that helps reduce constipation, and offer some protection against colon cancers by eliminating toxic compounds from the gut.

◾It is a very good source of potassium, an important intracellular electrolyte. 100 g of cucumber provides 147 mg of potassium but only 2 mg of sodium. Potassium is a heart friendly electrolyte helps bring a reduction in total blood pressure and heart rates by countering effects of sodium.

◾Cucumbers contains unique anti-oxidants in moderate ratios such as β-carotene and α-carotene, vitamin-C, vitamin-A, zea-xanthin and lutein. These compounds help act as protective scavengers against oxygen-derived free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) that play a role in aging and various disease processes. Their total antioxidant strength, measured in terms of oxygen radical absorbance capacity (ORAC value), is 214 µmol TE/100 g.

◾Cucumbers have mild diuretic property, which perhaps attributed to their free-water, and potassium and low sodium content. This helps in checking weight gain and high blood pressure.

◾They surprisingly have a high amount of vitamin K, provides about 17 µg of this vitamin per 100 g. Vitamin-K has been found to have a potential role in bone strength by promoting osteotrophic (bone mass building) activity. It also has established role in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease patients by limiting neuronal damage in their brain.
Annukka

Dry Bones

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 06.03.2014 13:51

Annukka

Dry Bones

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 07.03.2014 10:03

Annukka

Ruth's Story – You Should Have Been a Boy!

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 08.03.2014 20:11

Annukka

Dry Bones

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 10.03.2014 08:52

Annukka

Compare:

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 10.03.2014 19:05

Spencer points out the crystal clear facts that clash with the current anti-Christian hype such as . . .

• Most Muslims do not condemn jihad.

• Christianity and Islam have neither similar traditions nor similar modern realities—Christian religious violence, real or imagined, does not mitigate the reality of jihad.

• A “Christian theocracy” in America is a figment of the Left’s imagination.

• The Islamic world has never developed the distinction between religious and secular law that is inherent in Christianity.

• Christianity has embraced reason—and Islam has always rejected it.

• The Koran does not invite interpretation, and Muslim leaders refuse to discuss how to fit their beliefs into modern society.

• Political differences and unwanted international interference are not, in fact, the cause of the turmoil in Iraq and Middle Eastern antagonism towards the west.

• Jews, Christians and peoples of other faiths (or no faiths) are equally at risk from militant Islam.

• The most determined enemies of western civilization may not be the jihadists at all, but the leftists who fear their churchgoing neighbors more than Islamic terrorists.

Listen, 21st century truth reconstructors . . . you’ve gotta relax. Please do us all a favor and go get healed from your bad Sunday school experience and lay down your church grinding axe. Thinking people aren’t buying the “Christianity = Islam” smack.

Get real, Goofy. You and I both know that regardless of what a few loopy CINO’s (Christians in name only) have done via violence in the name of the Father that it is not in the body of Christian doctrine to hack off the noggin of the obstreperous. There’s not even an obscure passage in the Book of Revelation that some demented clod could twist like your Gumby doll to make the Christian scripture green light your demise or anyone else’s. Additionally, Christians aren’t longing for TBN to replace DC as our nation’s headquarters.

So chill, you shrill shredders of Christianity.

On the flip side, it is within the pages of the Koran to convert, conquer or kill non-Islamic people. And I’m a thinkin’ that no matter how much you work to besmirch Christianity and misinform on behalf of militant Islam, that if they had it their way, you, the secularist, would be a deceased grease stain on God’s green earth.

Therefore, gay guy, loosen that neckerchief and relax on the anti-Christian rhetoric, okay? Atheists, dial down and go back to studying monkeys (or whatever you do) and secularists, switch to decaf and exhale because you guys are barking up the wrong tree in trying to paint Christians as a coercive, could-be-violent, cabal like, militant Islam.

Radical Muslims, on the other hand, are the ones you need to sweat—because their book has zero tolerance for the likes of Katy or Lindsay—or anyone for that matter, who doesn’t lock step. You can bet your backside that if uncut Islam were in charge, Camille Paglia would be history, Drew Barrymore would be nevermore and Andrew Sullivan would never see the sun again.

The Judeo-Christian worldview (and subsequently, the great western traditions it under girds) is the only powerful cudgel in existence to ward off militant Islam. That’s what makes the Left’s lies about Christ’s Church and the Left’s desires to diminish it so diabolical. If the church’s presence and power gets marginalized via these secularists’s anti-Christian propaganda, then all I’ve got to say is, “I hope everyone is cool with wearing burkhas.”

Read more at http://clashdaily.com/2014/03/according ... G3wr4hG.99
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum