tuumis

This and That

Valvoja: Annukka

Killing Christians: A State-Sponsored Crime in Pakistan

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 27.11.2014 21:45

Killing Christians: A State-Sponsored Crime in Pakistan

by Mohshin Habib • November 27, 2014 at 5:00 am

The mob beat them and broke their legs so they would not be able to flee. "They picked them up by their arms and legs and held them over the brick furnace until their clothes caught fire. And then they threw them inside the furnace." — Javed Maseeh, family spokesman, to NBC News.

The attack was not an isolated one. Rather it seems to be part of systematic killings, community by community.

Shama Bibi (left) and Shahzad Masih, a Christian couple and parents of three children, were burned to death by a Muslim lynch mob in Pakistan because of a false blasphemy accusation.

Imagine you are a person of Christian faith living as a citizen in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan: every moment your life is at risk. Imagine a Pakistani Muslim shouting that you have burned a page of holy Quran when you have not; or accusing you of having desecrated the Prophet Mohammed: you have hardly any chance of saving yourself. There would be no question of providing evidence or proof against you. You would be killed either by the mob or by the country's legal system.

If you were one of the 3% minority Christians of Pakistan, you would fear for your life every moment among the majority Muslims; any one of them could shout and point at you as the Nazi collaborators did during the Second World War against the Jews. You inevitably would be beaten to death by your fellow countrymen.

This month in Pakistan, a Christian couple and their unborn child were burned to death, because of a false accusation of burning pages of a Quran.
Annukka

Muslim Religious Leader says Saying Merry Christmas is Worse

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 01.12.2014 22:33

Muslim Religious Leader says Saying Merry Christmas is Worse than Murder

By Onan Coca / 1 December 2014 / 181 Comments

Share2.7K Tweet126
68 Reddit2 26

Print Friendly and PDF

Think you can coexist with the Muslim community? Then you probably haven’t heard what this western Islamic religious leader has to say about the horror that is… saying “Merry Christmas.”

Yes, according to this Muslim, saying Merry Christmas is worse than murder (which, by the way, means Muslims killing other Muslims because killing an infidel like you or me ain’t no big deal).

In fact he says that saying Merry Christmas “is worse than fornication and drinking alcohol and killing someone, because you are approving of the biggest crime ever committed by the children of Adam’s sin.”

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/12065/muslim-rel ... GxylPYW.99
Annukka

On the Question of Palestine

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 02.12.2014 20:37

Annukka

Op-Ed: The Priceless Treasures on the Temple Mount

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 02.12.2014 20:52

Annukka

Slideshow: Simple Exercises for Joint Health

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 03.12.2014 10:17

Annukka

What is with Obama???

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 07.12.2014 09:13

Obama Preparing For Unprecedented Sanctions on Israel

A member of Congress from North Carolina has put together a letter – signed by dozens of his colleagues – asking President Obama whether he is trying to impose sanctions against America’s longtime and staunch ally Israel.“Recent reports suggest that your administration has held classified meetings over the past several weeks to discuss the possibility of imposing sanctions against Israel for its decision to construct homes in East Jerusalem. We urge you and your administration to clarify these reports immediately,” said the letter assembled by Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C. “I’m appalled that the administration would even consider the idea of sanctioning Israel – one of our closest allies. We need clarification from the White House on this immediately,” Meadows said. “What message does it send to the world for the U.S. to impose sanctions against Israel while easing sanctions on Iran – a state-sponsor of terror with an abysmal human rights record?” Meadows added. There have been a number of recent reports on the question. At the Free Beacon, a report said the White House on Thursday refused to discuss the questions. And State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf “dodged several questions,” the report said. Then White House spokesman Josh Earnest followed the same script.

Watch Here

The report said Israel’s daily Ha’aretz had written about the meetings that reportedly included officials from both the State Department and the White House. Such move would take the Obama White House, which is been cold and distant to America’s ally, to new levels of antagonism, critics said. Meanwhile, Obama’s administration is actively trying to prevent Congress from approving new sanctions against Iran. The Beacon reported, “One senior congressional aide who works on the issue of Israel expressed shock that a White House could even discuss such action.” On Friday, Meadows authored a letter, and was joined by 44 colleagues, to Obama demanding clarification of the reports. The letter to Obama urges him to “clarify” what’s going on. “At no point in time has Congress given the administration the authority to sanction Israel. In fact, Congress has continued to show its unwavering support for Israel and has recently taken steps to increase our economic and military cooperation. At a time when you have requested an additional seven months to negotiate with Iran over its nuclear weapons program, any attempts to undermine the U.S.’s support of Israel will only further diminish the administration’s ability to get congressional support for any potential agreement with Iran,” it says. “The fact that your administration has failed to denounce or clarify them is deeply troubling. The United States must stand firm in its commitments to Israel, or we risk fracturing our relationship with Israel and other key partners across the globe. We urge you to quickly and sharply address these concerns, as well as take the steps necessary to demonstrate America’s unwavering support for Israel.” Jennifer Dekel, director of research and communications for the Endowment for Middle East Truth, told WND, “Reports that the White House would even consider imposing sanctions on our greatest ally in the Middle East, the only democracy in the region that safeguards the rights of minorities, women, and all religions, is another example of this administration’s twisted policy of punishing our allies and rewarding our enemies.” She continued, “It is reprehensible that the administration is telling Congress not to put sanctions on Iran, a country that the U.S. is technically at war with, and which is the leading state sponsor of terrorism, yet would call for sanctions on Israel. If the reports are true, the act of sanctioning Israel would be unprecedented, and would signal a major and dangerous policy shift of U.S. foreign policy.”

Source: WND
Annukka

Jerusalem’s Silwan Shows Coexistence is Possible

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 09.12.2014 22:13

Jerusalem’s Silwan Shows Coexistence is Possible

Tuesday, December 09, 2014 | Aviel Schneider

Related Stories
◾Jerusalem Arabs ask Israel to remain in control
◾New Program Encourages Jews to Visit Temple Mount
◾'We Don't Need Permission to Pray at Western Wall'

Topics:
Jerusalem

The international media heavily criticizes Jewish life in what is today called the Arab neighborhood of Silwan near Jerusalem’s Old City.

Every time a Jewish family moves into what historically was the City of David, it is presented as an act of provocation by so-called "settlers."

The media is quick to jump on stories of riots, stone-throwing and other violence in Silwan, but in reality there is a quiet and functioning coexistence between the neighborhood’s Jews and Arabs.

Jewish and Arab children playing peacefully on local streets never makes the evening news. Nor does a wedding invitation in Arabic hanging on the refrigerators doors of several local Jewish families. But even if it’s invisible to the world’s eyes, local Jews and Arabs often work together.

The Jewish residents speak of this openly. The Arabs, however, have to be more careful, often only speaking anonymously.

"One day," an Arab man named Bassem told us, "men knocked on my door and told me that it was forbidden from that moment on to work for Jews. The next morning, the tires of my car were slashed. I got the message. It wasn’t long before all 70 of the local Arabs working at the Jewish [archeological] excavation site quit their jobs."

The upcoming January issue of Israel Today Magazine includes additional interviews with Jewish and Arab residents of Silwan and a deeper analysis of the situation there.

Don’t miss this important article - SUBSCRIBE NOW >>

While Bassem toes the party line when it comes to criticizing Israel, he has nothing against the Jewish "settlers" who are his neighbors.

"I wish all my neighbors were like them [the Jews]," said Bassem. "But if you post my picture, or include my name, then you can be sure that my wife will be a widow and my children orphans! I know what I'm talking about. Some Palestinians were already killed just because they were suspected of having worked for the Jews."

Another local Arab who asked that we not even give him a pseudonym for fear of retaliation added, "I've driven pregnant Jewish women to the hospital several times on Shabbat [a day on which religious Jews won’t drive]. And Jews have helped me to apply for social assistance. Unfortunately, we also have Hamas and Islamic Jihad people among us who can not stand it when we live together in peace with the Jews."

Rabbi Doli Bassok, who is on the committee that moves new Jewish families into Silwan, also spoke of a muted coexistence. "We don’t always trust the Arabs, but we do respect them," he said. "None of us hate the Arabs."

Today, some 90 Jewish families totaling a little more than 600 people live in Silwan among just under 40,000 Arabs. Their presence is seen as a bulwark against efforts to again divide Jerusalem.

The upcoming January issue of Israel Today Magazine includes additional interviews with Jewish and Arab residents of Silwan and a deeper analysis of the situation there.
Annukka

Finland, Scandinavia falling short in fight against radicali

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 10.12.2014 22:22

Uutiset
News

News 8.12.2014 10:28 | updated 8.12.2014 11:03

Finland, Scandinavia falling short in fight against radicalisation, expert says

The Nordics are one of the biggest problem areas for radicalisation in Europe, according to a counter-radical Islamic expert from the Quillium Foundation.

Mustaan huppuun pukeutuneella miehellä on konekivääri kädessään. Image: Yle

The Islamic State (IS), an extremist group based in Syria and Iraq which declared a "caliphate" or Islamic State in the region, boasts of home grown recruits from many corners of the world.

The most highly visible Western recruits - often seen in violent propaganda video clips on the internet - seem on the whole, to come from the UK.

The sheer number of IS recruits from the UK is higher than from Finland. Haras Rafiq, managing director of the British counter-extremism think tank Quilliam Foundation said that per capita, there are three times more IS recruits coming from Finland.

Today there are about 2.8 million Muslims in the UK, with about 500 of them known to have joined the IS. In Finland, there are some 60,000 Muslims, of which approximately 40 have joined the IS in Syria and Iraq.

"[Finland] is one of the biggest problem areas in Europe," Rafiq said. "In Finland, the proportion of combatants in the Muslim population is more than three times higher than in Britain."

"There seems to be something going on in Scandinavian countries, and I think it’s been the reluctance to actually identify and confront hate preachers," Rafiq said. "Actually sometimes I think that hate preachers and people who would purvey these messages towards Islamism is normative Islam, which it really isn't."

Rafiq said he believes that recruitment to radical Islamic groups must be combated by challenging the extremist views in online social media and forums.

"For every person that puts up a viewpoint which is leading to radicalisation, we need 20 people to counter those ideas and views, from intellectual, social, emotional and spiritual perspectives," Rafiq said.

According to its website, Quilliam is "the world’s first counter-extremism think tank set up to address the unique challenges of citizenship, identity, and belonging in a globalised world."

Sources
Yle
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum