tuumis

This and That

Valvoja: Annukka

Life of Fear and Darkness for Women Under ISIS

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 06.11.2014 20:54

Life of Fear and Darkness for Women Under ISIS

Daily life for women under ISIS includes crushing laws and the fear of being kidnapped, sold or married to a jihadi.

Thu, November 6, 2014

The Islamic State (ISIS) recently published their new requirements for women in Raqqa, the northern Syrian city which serves as their unofficial headquarters.

According to Abu Ward al-Raqqawi, one of the founders of the human rights group “Raqqa is Being Slaughtered Silently,” women are now forbidden to leave their homes unless they are wearing a dara, an additional covering worn on top of the niqab
(face veil) and chador (a loose, long black cloth or coat that envelops the body from head to toe).

The niqab and chador were imposed on women by the Islamic State when the group initially took over Raqqa in August of 2013.

Abu Ward describes everyday life for women under the Islamic State as living in a minefield that includes crushing laws and the fear of being kidnapped, sold or married to a jihadi – the fate of the Yazidi women captured in Iraq by the brutal group.

The new restrictions also preclude men from giving private courses to women unless the course is held in a recognized institute. The Islamic State has declared that any man that violates this rule will be executed.

Speaking to a reporter from Al Hayat, Abu Ward also described the intimidation used by the group to pressure Raqqa’s girls into marrying Islamic State fighters.

First come the promises of wealth, benefits and a good life, Abu Ward says, that women are conned into believing are true.

El-Khansa, the women’s brigade of ISIS, plays a large role in facilitating these marriages. Women from the brigade make it their business to know where each girl of marriageable age lives. They then visit the families with offers of a large mahr (a payment made by the groom or his family to the bride), which tempts many Raqqa residents due to the dire circumstances that engulf the city.

In addition, many of the girls’ fathers are afraid that the Islamic State will take revenge if they refuse to let them marry their daughters.

The wives of the mujahadeen (jihadi fighters) are on the payroll of the Islamic State, a factor that has drawn local and foreign women to marry Islamic State fighters, according to Abu Ward. Once married, for each child born, the woman receives an additional payment.

So far, Raqqa’s girls have not been sold, used as sex slaves or been forced to participate in “sex jihad.” Abu Ward thinks the girls have escaped these fates due to the large number of young, Sunni, men and teenage boys from the city that have joined the group. The Islamic State knows that these locals would not tolerate the selling of "their" girls and, thus, does not want to face the consequences of a rebellion at this point.

The Islamic State recruits the boys at scout camps with promises of virgin girls who await them in heaven, says Abu Ward. They are then brainwashed with the ideology of the organization.

“The teenage boy that throws his lot in with the Islamic State sees in his mind the virgins that await him in heaven. Life becomes a burden that the dreamer wants to get rid of in order to get swiftly to heaven. This phenomenon makes suicide actions something to compete for,” wrote the reporter who interviewed Abu Ward.

Abu Ward describes the young people of Raqqa as the fuel of the organization. Since October 4, the last major Muslim holiday, he says no less than 30 young people aged 16-20 from the al-Raqqa province were killed in the battles for Kobani.

Meanwhile, Raqqa under the control of the Islamic State has become a ghost town. Fear controls the city. After hearing about what the group has done to cities in northern Iraq and how the Yazidi women were sold as slaves, residents are afraid to venture outside. Only at noon is there a sign of life in the city, when people emerge from their homes to shop for their daily food.

Routes of patrols and checkpoints manned by the Islamic State are changed constantly by the group. There is no avoiding them. Raqqa’s women and the girls don’t even think about disobeying the rules.

A lack of electricity engulfs the city in darkness. Combined with the constant fear, residents are left only with their hope that this bad dream that has turned their once vibrant city into a nightmarish reality will be over soon.
Annukka

150 million Christians persecuted by Islam

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 07.11.2014 20:32

Op-Ed: 150 million Christians persecuted by Islam

Christian suffering at the hands of the Moslems is of biblical proportions, according to the Open Doors NGO.

Published: Friday, November 07, 2014 11:16 AM

Giulio Meotti
The writer, an Italian journalist with Il Foglio, writes a twice-weekly...
► More from this writer

"The number of persecuted Christians in the world is 150 million." There are many other figures, terrifying and dramatic, in the pages of the "Black book of the plight of Christians in the world", a unique initiative of French scholars and coordinated by journalist Samuel Lieven. Snapshots of a global and amorphous war.

In particular, there is a disconcerting statistic: "80 percent of the acts of religious persecution in the world are directed against Christians." How many victims? The Center for the Study of Global Christianity brings the average of one hundred thousand Christians killed each year for their faith throughout the last decade. An average of five Christians every minute.

Yesterday, in Pakistan, two Christians, including a pregnant woman, were burnt alive in the brick kiln where they worked. It was a pogrom with the participation of four hundred Muslims.

Haim Korsia, Chief Rabbi of France, cries out his reaction in the face of the spread of hatred against Christians, and establishes a comparison with the destruction of Eastern Sephardic Jewry:

"Where are the Jewish communities once so rich of Aleppo, Beirut, Alexandria, Cairo or Tripoli? Where are the schools of Nehardea and Pumbedita in Iraq? And where is the flourishing of Judaism in Esfahan and Tehran? In our memory. Driven out, killed, decimated, persecuted and exiled, the Christians of the East are personally experiencing the same plight as the Jews with whom they have lived for so long and have seen leaving those places".

The NGO Open Doors declared that the persecution in Iraq has reached "biblical proportions". Tuesday, in Rome, the annual report of Aid to the Church in Need was also presented. It told that of the 20 countries in the world where religious freedom is virtually absent, 14 are Muslim, and the others military or communist dictatorships, such as North Korea.

We are facing what Habib Malik of Stanford University calls "the final phase of the regional decline of Christians."

"I've got a family of Christians who do not want to convert, what do we do?".
Today Mosul appears to have been swallowed up, like Jonah in the belly of the whale.

"Between 2003 and 2009, nearly 800 Christians were executed [there] in cold blood, not counting the fifty martyrs of the Syrian Catholic cathedral in Baghdad, including two priests, killed on October 31, 2010. To date, we have exceeded one thousand Christians killed, including a bishop and five priests. More than sixty churches were destroyed. "

In the book, a jihadist from the Islamic State speaks on the phone with his terrorist leader: "I've got a family of Christians who do not want to convert, what do we do?". A phrase that reminded me of the Seventh Day Adventist Tutsi pastors who, during the genocide in Rwanda, appealed to their pastor with a letter: "We wish to inform you that tomorrow we will be killed with our families."

There are the Christians of Ma'aloula in Syria, such as Taalab Antoun and his two cousins​​, who received the ''aman", the Islamic guarantee to be spared. Unarmed and trusting the word of the rebels, they were killed and then beheaded.

Five hundred thousand Christians have already left Syria.

And before them, there was the story of Jean-Pierre Schumacher, the last monk of Tibhirine, Algeria, where Islamists slaughtered the wonderful Trappist monks who shared meals with Muslims. He was saved because the jihadists counted wrong. Later, at the funeral of the monks, Brother Jean-Pierre asked to open the coffin to pay his last respects to his companions. He found that the crates contained no bodies, but only seven heads.

That massacre was the green light for future massacres.
Annukka

LOL. LOL

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 09.11.2014 09:09

A bus driver in Egypt was selected for a random drug test. He couldn't pass it, so he got a urine sample from his wife and passed it off as his own. His bosses called him in and asked if he was certain that was his urine sample. He swore that it was. They told him the bad news: he was busted for trying to fake a drug test. The good news? They told him, “Congratulations…you’re pregnant!”
Annukka

Spice Up Your Life and Live Longer

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 09.11.2014 20:02

Annukka

You don’t work, you don’t eat. Sounds pretty Biblical to me.

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 10.11.2014 09:28

NO WORK, NO FOOD: Maine Changes Rule for Food Stamps That Every State Should Imitate

Posted on November 9, 2014

You don’t work, you don’t eat. Sounds pretty Biblical to me. Check it out…

Another state is making people work for food stamps, and it has some people up in arms without knowing all the details. Typical liberals, who are filled with lots of emotion but low on the facts, are worried that children and disabled people will now go without. If they did a little research, they would know this expired waiver will only affect able-bodied people with no children.

The federal waiver that has been in place since 2010 because of the recession has been allowed to expire in the state of Maine. This allows Maine to reinstate a mandate requiring able-bodied adults who are 18 to 50 years old and have no children to work or volunteer 20 hours per week or they will be limited to three months of food stamp benefits over a three-year period.

Just elected to a second term, Maine’s Republican Governor Paul R. LePage is focused on broad welfare reform and said, “People who are in need deserve a hand up, but we should not be giving able-bodied individuals a handout. We must continue to do all that we can to eliminate generational poverty and get people back to work. We must protect our limited resources for those who are truly in need and who are doing all they can to be self-sufficient.”

In Lepage’s State of the State speech he said, “There is no excuse for able-bodied adults to spend a lifetime on welfare at the expense of hard-working, struggling Mainers. That is not what I call compassion. As John F. Kennedy said in 1961: ‘Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.’ These are words that still ring true today.”
Annukka

The Crazy Muslim Tradition that Abuses Children

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 12.11.2014 08:51

Annukka

Destroying History

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 12.11.2014 20:28

<< Back | Send to a friend | Print friendly

Destroying History

November 11, 2014 | Eli E. Hertz

Arabs deny the bond between Jews and Jerusalem; they sabotage and destroy archaeological evidence, even at the holiest place in Judaism – the Temple Mount.

Arabs continually denied the legitimacy of the Jewish people’s connection to Jerusalem. Arafat and other Arab leaders insisted that there never were Jewish temples on the Temple Mount. They also claimed the Western Wall was really an Islamic holy site to which Muslims have historical rights. Putting rhetoric into action, Islamic clerics who manage the Temple Mount have demonstrated flagrant disrespect and contempt for the archaeological evidence of a Jewish presence.

Between 1999 and 2001, the Muslim Waqf removed and dumped more than 13,000 tons of what it termed rubble from the Mount and its substructure, including archaeological remains from the First and Second Temple periods, which Israelis found at dumping sites. During construction of a new underground mosque in a subterranean hall believed to date back to the time of Herod, and the paving of an “open air” mosque elsewhere on the Temple Mount, the Waqf barred the Israel Antiquities Authority from supervising, or even observing, work. When archaeological finds from any period – Jewish or otherwise – are uncovered in the course of construction work, the Authority is mandated by law to sup rvise and observe everywhere in Israel – legislation that dates back to 1922 and documented in the international accord of the League of Nations – the “Mandate for Palestine.”

Such gross disregard for the pre-Islamic Jewish heritage of Jerusalem – particularly on Judaism’s holiest historic site – is a far more insidious form of the same Islamic intolerance that motivated the Taliban to demolish two gigantic pre-Islamic statues of Buddha carved into a cliff in Afghanistan.
Annukka

MUSLIM MASSES: Violating Freedom Wherever They Go

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 12.11.2014 20:31

MUSLIM MASSES: Violating Freedom Wherever They Go

behead

Written by Audrey Russo on November 12, 2014

No matter what Western country Muslims emigrate to or settle in…of this one thing you can be sure: They will violate freedom.

Simply look at the places in Europe they have occupied. Muslims move into a country, refuse to assimilate and then demand…under the guise of minority status…that those in the Host country bow and accommodate their beliefs/ideology.

But don’t take my word for it, here’s a past guest on my show, Elisabeth Sabaditsch-Wolff of Austria:

Under the direction of the EU bureaucrats in Brussels — whom we did not elect and cannot remove — we Europeans are required to admit more and more third-world immigrants, most of them Muslims. Our public institutions must change to accommodate them. Our schools become centers of Islamic propaganda and serve halal food to all their students, Muslim or otherwise. More and more mega-mosques are being built in our cities. Multicultural “tolerance” requires that we permit fully-veiled women as employees in all occupations, public or private. And, most ominously, any criticism of Islam — or even factual accounts of Islamic history and practices — are punished by lawsuits or state prosecution.

And this is from Enza Ferreri of the Liberty GB Party in the UK:

Muslims, aided by the Left and coward governments, are still acting like masters, thinking that everything is due to them and trying to impose their ideology on everybody else.

I came to live in London from Italy in 1984, and the changes I witnessed since then are earth-shattering.

When I first arrived here, the word “halal” was unknown to everybody except the people involved in animal welfare… Now you only have to take a 30-minute drive around London (any part) and you’ll see dozens of Halal signs in shops and restaurants.

…myriad examples of Muslim intolerance and lack of integration, stealth jihad and creeping Sharia in the United Kingdom.

A few years ago a Muslim policeman refused to wear his uniform due to the presence of a cross on it.

The typical phenomenon of Muslim men grooming (raping) young white girls, for years denounced only by right-wing groups who as a result were accused of racism and Islamophobia, turned out to be real and now the mainstream media have started covering it.

There have been instances of Muslim girls rejecting their school uniform and demanding to wear Muslim clothing, sometimes even suing the school using the European Convention on Human Rights and winning the case.

Muslim bus and taxi drivers have not allowed blind people in their vehicles with their “unclean” guide dogs, and Muslim passengers have objected to them.

And the US is following suit with the Left (utilizing the the politics of personal destruction) pressuring Americans with their jackboot of political correctness, forcing citizens to clam up on any criticism of Islam. This is influenced by the push of the OIC (Organization of Islamic Cooperation) on Blasphemy Laws…which really only benefit Islam…HELLO, Sharia Law!

The ideology of Islam does not support assimilation of Muslims into the West, nor does it tolerate individual freedom (which we treasure). NOR does it allow for the freedom of speech, enshrined in our First Amendment. And as long as the West continues to allow this ideology (with a superiority complex) to exercise our freedoms in order to SUPPRESS our freedoms…we will watch, in real-time, the fall of human independence.

Shalom through strength…

Image: http://alimentation.al-manakh.com/halal ... -of-europe–brussels/4513
Annukka

Jewish Terror Victim Meets His Arab Savior

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 12.11.2014 20:47

Jewish Terror Victim Meets His Arab Savior

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 | Israel Today Staff

Related Stories
◾Axe-wielding Palestinian attacks Jewish protester
◾Stone throwers are not peaceful protesters
◾Israeli minister concerned as local violence ramps up

Topics:
Terrorism

Moshe German nearly lost his life earlier this week when a mob of rioters attacked his car at the entrance to the Arab town of Taybeh. Tragedy was narrowly averted by the brave and kind-hearted action of local resident Majdi Baloum.

A day after the attack, during which assailants torched German’s car, victim and savior had the opportunity to meet face-to-face in an encounter arranged by Israeli newspaper Yediot Ahronot.

Meeting in Taybeh not far from where his near-lynching occurred, German told Baloum:

“You don’t understand how moving this is. I was nearly killed while driving on this same road yesterday. …I thought about my wife…my sons… I thought my family would lose me. I tried to hide…but the mob continued to attack me, and in that moment you came up to me yelling, ‘come, come!’ …You saved me. I found it hard to comprehend what was happening, but I realized that you were afraid for my life. …Did you understand that you were saving my life?”

Baloum responded by comforting German. “Be at ease, friend. You and I are the same. Would you not do the same if I were in danger?” he asked.

Baloum, a 37-year-old father of five, gave his own recounting of that day’s frightful events:

“I saw a large number of youths gathering, shooting fireworks and throwing concrete blocks and stones. …Many came with their faces covered and I realized something bad was about to happen. When I saw they were [attacking] your car, I knew you had little hope of survival, and that you needed to be rescued, and fast. I raced toward you in my jeep and saw you trapped in the car. There was no time to lose. I opened the door and shouted for you to get out. I remember your face and hands were covered in blood.”

“I’m happy I was able to save you and return you to your family,” Baloum reassured his new friend, adding that he “wished the violence [between Arabs and Jews] would end already.”

PHOTO: Illustration

Want more news from Israel?
Click Here to sign up for our FREE daily email updates
Annukka

Israel Mourns

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 12.11.2014 20:56

Israel Mourns

With tensions rising,
the country mourns the tragic murder of two young people in two separate incidents.
by Eli Levine

Israel is mourning this week for two of its perfectly innocent young people in their 20’s, both of whom were stabbed by terrorists in two separate incidents on Monday.

Dahlia Lemkus, a 26 year old child therapist, was killed while waiting for a bus in Gush Etzion. Another terrorist attack took place that day at a Tel Aviv train station, killing Almog Shiloni, age 20. As they were laid to rest on Tuesday, the pain in Israel was palpable. The murders come on the heels of various similar attacks in the Jerusalem area, in which “loner” terrorists attacked pedestrians with cars, knives, and hand pistols.

Whereas most violence over the last ten years had been limited to the areas surrounding Gaza and the North during the 2006 war with Hezbollah, these attacks are a flashback to the days of the intifada, the Arab uprising, when Israelis lived in constant fear of terrorist attacks on buses, malls and every day destinations. Government officials have said that the recent upsurge in attacks do not indicate a popular uprising. But there is no question that Israelis living in Jerusalem are living with a greater unease.

Dahlia LemkusThe Israeli public has gotten to know the two victims and their families very quickly. Dahlia was known for baking delicious cakes for parties and for helping brides with their make up on their wedding days. Dahlia’s father drives Tekoa’s ambulance as a volunteer, and Dahlia would babysit any children on the occasion that their parents had to rush to the hospital.

“Dahlia did a lot of charity work. A lot. She made beautiful art with oil painting and acrylic,” Liora Bedein, a close friend of Dahlia’s, told Aish.com. “She was a beautiful person. Everyone who knew her knows she just loved to give and do good. She was very special.”

The mother of one of Dahlia’s patients echoed that sentiment. “She was a truly amazing young woman. She made so much progress with the kids,” Avital Trebelsky told Aish.com. “She loved the children as if they were her own.” Dahlia made the 2-hour trip from Tekoa to Sderot on a weekly basis to work with Avital’s 4-year-old daughter with special needs.

Almog ShiloniAlmog Shiloni was a twin. He had been with his girlfriend for two and a half years, and according to his brother, planned to marry her. He was talking to her on the phone when he was stabbed by an Arab.

Israel’s tight-knit nature breeds a certain identification with the victims. Many Israelis remember standing at that train stop in their army uniform, just like Almog. Those shared experiences make Almog and Dahlia more than a statistic. The Jewish nation is mourning alongside the families. For every murder there is a ripple effect, hurting all of those associated with the victim and the attack.

Statistics, as are often presented in the international media, do not capture that. Statistics cannot put a reader in the shoes of the man who gave the hitchhiking Dahlia the last ride of her life. He dropped her off at the bus stop only a few minutes before the attack. One can only wonder how he feels.

Statistics do not capture the effect on the families of the injured man who attempted to rescue Dahlia. They do not capture the story of the guard who shot Dahlia’s attacker just a minute too late.

The media does not capture the feeling of the community of Tekoa, which is going through this for a second time. Twelve years ago, 14-year-old Koby Mandell was kidnapped and murdered by terrorists. He was strikingly similar to Dahlia. They were the same age. Both were children of English speaking immigrants. Both were from Tekoa. Their families know each other. One can only imagine the horror of a community living through that again.

The mood in Gush Etzion, where Tekoa is located, was captured at a Monday night vigil. One resident told Aish.com, “There is crying. There are no chants of ‘death to the terrorist’ or anything like that. It’s sadness.”

Indeed, the recent attacks, all committed with cars and knives, have revealed a certain chink in the armor of Israeli security. It seems that if anyone can be attacked with everyday items, the crisis will be difficult to solve.

It is worth noting, however, that there was heroism displayed on Monday as well. Both attacks were stopped by bystanders, albeit too late. The Tel Aviv attacker was punched in the face by a 50 year old man, while the Gush Etzion attacker was wrestled by one man, and then shot and wounded by a volunteer security guard. While nobody is in the mood to celebrate the heroes who prevented further damage, they are indicative of the strength of a society that looks out for its own.

Published: November 11, 2014
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum