Valvoja: Annukka

Tomorrow May Be Too Late

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 28.10.2014 09:11

Annukka

ECI applauds decision by Nordic Prime Ministers not to follo

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 28.10.2014 20:25

ECI applauds decision by Nordic Prime Ministers not to follow Sweden

- Swedish recognition of Palestinian state violates Oslo Agreement

Palestinian state despite the decision of the Swedish Government to do so. The annual session of the Nordic Council began in Stockholm on Monday, and on Tuesday ECI hosted a breakfast meeting for delegates of the Nordic Council. At the meeting, Founding Director Tomas Sandell urged the Nordic governments to respect international law by not supporting a Palestinian state.

In the meeting, which took place in the Swedish Parliament, the ECI director indicated how Stockholm’s recognition of a Palestinian state could nullify the Oslo Agreement which clearly states that ”all outstanding issues should be decided through negotiations.”
‘Unilateral recognition of a Palestinian state violates both the spirit and the letter of the Oslo Agreement’, Sandell said in a statement in Stockholm on Tuesday. He went on to say that the Swedish Government should stand up for the rule of law and not for lawlessness.
‘Isis and Hamas are two expressions of the same Jihadist ideology which is currently threatening to drive the whole Middle East region into an abyss. One cannot condemn one (Isis) and embrace the other (Hamas). By recognising a Palestinian state which is co-governed by the terrorist group Hamas, which has sworn never to recognise a Jewish state, and uses its own civilians as human shields, Sweden is undermining respect for international law and human rights, while at the same time weakening Israel, the only democratic state in the region.

‘The democratic instinct should be to stand up for the weak and the oppressed. Today Christians and other religious minorities are being slaughtered in Iraq and Syria by Jihadist forces which are similar to Hamas who rule Gaza. Only in one country in the region, Israel, can Christians and other religious minorities live in peace and security.

‘It is not in the interest of the international community, nor in the interest of the Palestinian people, to create another repressive Islamic state in the Middle East, with no respect for fundamental freedoms and human rights. The Swedish Government is contradicting itself by catapulting a Hamas co-ruled Palestinian authority into statehood, while neglecting to support those who are facing a genocide under the same Jihadist movement.’

The breakfast meeting was co-hosted by MP Roland Utbult and MP Mikael Oscarsson from the Swedish Parliament.

European Coalition for Israel
P.O. Box 189
FI-00181 Helsinki, Finland
donateTel.: + 358 9 6948056
Annukka

75yr. Old Faces Racism Charges Over Sarcastic Remark About M

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 04.11.2014 08:49

RELIGION OF THIN-SKIN: 75yr. Old Faces Racism Charges Over Sarcastic Remark About Muslims

Posted on November 3, 2014

You can makes jokes about everything except Islam. Check this out…

A 75-year-old who was traveling on vacation from London’s Stansted airport has spent the last 6 months facing racism charges for using the “M” word after airport security asked him to remove his shoes.

After retiree Paul Griffith sarcastically responded to the workers, “I am not Muslim am I?” one of the workers became upset, accusing Griffith of racism saying he was “shocked and unhappy” by the old man’s remark.

Griffith was then detained by authorities, where he was interrogated for over an hour:

“One minute I am queuing up to get on a plane and the next I am confronted by two armed policemen. They said I had used racist language and took me to an office in the terminal,” he said. “I was quizzed for an hour and told I was free to catch my flight but had to report back to police as soon as I returned to the UK.”

He was eventually released so he could continue on with his vacation plans, but when he returned, Griffith said things became even more serious:

“I was photographed, had my finger prints taken and they also took a DNA swab from my mouth. Then they said I would have to go to my local police station,” Griffith said.

Griffith was eventually charged with causing “racially or religiously aggravated harassment, alarm or distress.” Throughout the ordeal, Griffith maintained his innocence:

“When I went to Colchester police station I was told I had been charged with an offense under the Crime and Disorder Act but that I could accept a caution instead. I refused to do that — I had done nothing wrong and I wasn’t going to admit to a criminal charge if I wasn’t guilty of any crime.”
Annukka

Name Recall

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 04.11.2014 09:29

Name Recall

An elderly couple had dinner at another couple’s house, and after eating, the wives left the table and went into the kitchen.

The two elderly gentlemen were talking, and one said, “Last night we went out to a new restaurant, and it was really great. I would recommend it very highly.” The other man said, “What’s the name of the restaurant?” The first man knits his brow in obvious concentration, and finally said to his companion, “Aahh, What is the name of that red flower you give to someone you love?” His friend replies, “A carnation?” “No. No. The other one,” the man says. His friend offers another suggestion, “The poppy?” “Nahhhh,” growls the man. “You know, the one that is red and has thorns.” His friend said, “Do you mean a rose?”

“Yes, yes, that’s it. Thank you!” the first man says. He then turns toward the kitchen and yells, “Rose, what’s the name of that restaurant we went to last night?”
Annukka

US Backs Suppression of Religious Freedom on Temple Mount

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 04.11.2014 22:32

US Backs Suppression of Religious Freedom on Temple Mount

Tuesday, November 04, 2014 | Ryan Jones

Related Stories
◾Netanyahu: Israel understands America's pain over embassy murders
◾Obama in Tel Aviv: Like Israel, our alliance is eternal
◾Israel uneasy over Obama selection of Kerry and Hagel

Topics:
America

In the wake of the attempted assassination of Rabbi Yehuda Glick, a prominent advocate of allowing Jews to worship atop the Temple Mount, the Obama Administration confirmed that it supports the suppression of full religious freedom at the Jerusalem holy site.

During a press conference last Friday, State Department Spokesperson Jen Psaki was asked to articulate the White House’s reaction to the shooting of Glick, a US citizen, by a Palestinian Muslim terrorist.

In her bumbling and somewhat evasive response, Psaki said that while the Obama Administration condemn’s the shooting, it continues to oppose Glick’s efforts to open the Temple Mount to Jewish and Christian worshippers.

“We support the long-standing practices regarding non-Muslim visitors to the site, to Haram al-Sharif / Temple Mount,” said Psaki. “And consistent with our respect for the status quo, we would like to see it returned to that.”

Those “long-standing practices” have been to deny Jewish and Christians visitors the right to worship, pray or carry Bibles atop the Muslim-controlled Temple Mount, despite the fact that it is for all Jews and many Christians the most holy site on earth.

Many Jews and Christians have been detained even for mouthing silent prayers while visiting the Temple Mount.

To clarify that it is, indeed, this denial of freedom of worship that the Obama Administration supports, a reporter pressed Psaki: “You condemn the shooting of an American citizen who had advocated for non-Muslim worshippers to be able to go. But you don’t support [his cause?]”

She responded in the affirmative: “Our position hasn’t changed on this issue. That’s true. …It doesn’t mean we don’t condemn, of course, the shooting.”

Seizing the opportunity provided by Washington, Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas on Monday released a statement rejecting the very presence of Jews atop the Temple Mount.

“Break-ins by the settlers and Jewish extremists” to the Temple Mount are an affront to “Muslim sensitivities,” read the statement.

A day earlier, Israel Police Chief Yohanan Danino told a Knesset hearing that security forces would do everything in their power ensure Jews and Christians were able to continue ascending the Temple Mount, but insisted the aforementioned “status quo” would be maintained at the holy site.
Annukka

Pakistan: Christian Couple Burned Alive on Blasphemy Charges

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 06.11.2014 20:39

A young couple was burned alive by a mob in Pakistan for what appears to be trumped up charges of blasphemy over a monetary dispute.

Thu, November 6, 2014

Pakistan's Hidden Shame

CNN Talks to 'Honor Diaries' Activist About Pakistani Killing

Life of Fear and Darkness for Women Under ISIS

A young couple, Shahbaz Maseeh, 26, and his wife Shama Bibi, 24 -- parents of four small children and another on the way, was burned alive by a mob in Pakistan for what appears to be trumped up charges of blasphemy.

Relatives of the couple say that the real issue was a monetary dispute involving the couple’s employers.

After a local mullah made a public ruling that the couple was guilty of blasphemy by throwing out pages of a Quran

, a mob of about 500 people – included Muslims from neighboring villages -- began forming.

Relatives of the couple say the entire family was threatened and everyone began to flee, including children who have still not been accounted for days later. The couple had planned to flee with their young children as well, but were left with no time to do so.

Instead, they barricaded themselves inside a building to escape the mob comprised of their fellow workers at a brick factory where the couple was employed.

"A mob of several dozen attacked the building where they were," said Mushtaq Gill, chief advocate at Pakistani minority rights group Legal Evangelical Association Development (LEAD).

The mob broke down the door and began beating the couple. "They broke their legs so they couldn't run and then threw them in the fire (in a kiln at the brick factory),” Gill said. “Only some bones and hair were found at the site."

Gill added that a rumor had started over the weekend that pages with several verses of the Quran were burned by the wife after being left behind by the wife’s deceased father.

The murder took place in Kot Radha Kishan in the Punjab province, where the majority of Pakistan's close to four million Christians reside.

The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP) also said the incident stemmed over a dispute about money. The owners of the brick kiln, who were among those who participated in the mob killing, said the couple owed them money.

The rights group, who sent a team to investigate the incidents, said that the team "did not come across any evidence of desecration of the Holy Quran."

False charges of blasphemy, a crime in Pakistan punishable by death or life imprisonment, are often used as a means of revenge to settle personal disputes or insults.

The HRCP said that this was what happened in this current case. Rumors that the couple had desecrated a Quran were "spread to nearby villages and announcements [were] made through mosque loudspeakers," according to the HRCP.

The group also said that its investigators found out that four policemen were dispatched to the kiln to take the couple into protective custody, but they were also beaten on orders from the kiln’s owners.

According to police, the kiln's owners were among the 44 arrested for the incident with cases filed against 468 others.

Reacting to the murders, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said perpetrators of the brutal crime will be brought to justice.

“The brutal murder of the Christian couple in Kot Radha Krishan is an unacceptable crime,” Nawaz said. “A responsible state cannot tolerate mob rule and public lynching with impunity.”

Nawaz told the Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif to show no mercy towards those accused of the crime. “The Pakistani state has to act proactively to protect its minorities from violence and injustice. We must promote religious and ethnic diversity in our society as a virtue,” the prime minister added.

Amnesty International’s Deputy Asia Pacific Director David Griffiths called for proactive protection for at-risk communities. Griffiths also said, “This vicious mob killing is just the latest manifestation of the threat of vigilante violence which anyone can face in Pakistan after a blasphemy accusation.”

Griffiths echoed many Pakistani and international rights activists noting, “The blasphemy laws violate international human rights law and standards and should be reformed as a matter of urgency to provide effective safeguards against their abuse, with a view to their eventual repeal.

"Consistent failure by the government to tackle violence in the name of religion has effectively sent the message that anyone can commit outrageous abuses and excuse them as defense of religious sentiments.”

Responding to the decision of Punjab’s Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif to form a three-member committee to expedite the investigation of this case as well as to increase security at Christian neighborhoods in the province, Griffiths said, “The local government’s response is encouraging, but it remains to be seen what comes of the investigation. The climate of impunity around violence against religious minorities in Pakistan is pervasive, and it is all too rare that those behind attacks are held to account.”

One such case of that of Asia Bibi, a Pakistani Christian woman and mother of five, who was sentenced to death on blasphemy charges stemming from a dispute with Muslim women with whom she worked over a glass of water.

A Pakistani appeals court recently upheld the sentence of death by hanging for Bibi who was accused of making derogatory statement’s about Mohammed, the founder of Islam.

Bibi was convicted in 2010 under Pakistan’s amorphous blasphemy laws and has been in prison ever since the original ruling. She was targeted by Muslim women in her village and pressured several times to convert to Islam. When she refused, the villagers provoked a confrontation, accusing her of blasphemy.
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum