Valvoja: Annukka

Christian Priest to UN: Stop the Witch Hunt Against Israel

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 07.10.2014 19:31

Christian Priest to UN: Stop the Witch Hunt Against Israel

Tuesday, October 07, 2014 | Ryan Jones

Related Stories
◾Story of Arab Christian woe used to demonize Israel
◾Evangelical Donations to Israel - What Christians Should Know
◾Israeli Christian Spokesman: Enough With Western Hypocrisy!

Topics:
Christians

While Middle East Muslim leaders were gathered at UN Headquarters in New York late last month to lambast Israel, a local Christian cleric was addressing a different UN forum - the Human Rights Committee in Geneva - to set the record straight on freedom for minorities in the Jewish state.

“Every five minutes, a Christian is killed in the Middle East because of his faith,” noted Father Gabriel Naddaf before a largely unsympathetic audience.

The UN Human Rights Committee has made a habit out of focusing disproportionate attention on any and all claims of misbehavior by Israel, all in service to its favorite pet project, the Palestinian nationalist cause.

But Father Naddaf, who had been invited to speak by “The Face of Israel” organization, was not deterred, declaring boldly that “Israel is the only place in the Middle East where Christians are safe.”

The cleric from Nazareth continued by insisting that “leaders of people, seekers of peace, end your witch hunt of the only free country in the region.”

Father Naddaf pointed out the hypocrisy of those who claim to champion the weak and dispossessed, and then turn around and defame Israel.

“It is time the world woke up to the fact that those who want to destroy the Jewish state are signing the death warrant on the last free Christians in the Holy Land,” he said, reminding those gathered that Christians and other minorities across the Middle East are today living under Muslim persecution unprecedented in modern times.

Father Naddaf is the spiritual leader of a growing movement in Israel that encourages young Christians to voluntarily join the Israeli army as a first step toward fully integrating into Israeli society.

The Israeli Christian Recruitment Forum sees national service as a duty for all who would claim the rights of citizens, and increasingly recognizes the strong historical and spiritual ties between the region’s indigenous Christian population and the Jewish people.

Want more news from Israel?
Click Here to sign up for our FREE daily email updates
Annukka

Israeli aid on way to fight Ebola spread

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 08.10.2014 08:31

In response to urgent pleas from the United Nations, the World Health Organization, the US government and other countries, Israel is sending more than a million shekels’ worth of medical equipment, as well as expert personnel to fight the spread of the African Ebola epidemic that has claimed 3,400 lives since March and has infected almost 7,200 people. Earlier this week, Israel’s Defense Ministry told the US and UN that it could not fulfill a request to send IDF field hospitals to Liberia and Sierra Leone, out of concern for the safety of Israeli health workers. MASHAV-Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation of the Foreign Ministry-is answering a different but just as pressing need: prevention. Within the next two weeks, MASHAV will ship three mobile emergency Ebola treatment units, equipped to handle the first cases that may be discovered, to the three countries deemed at highest risk of infection. Those countries will be selected in conjunction with the Ministry of Health. Each 10-bed unit will be accompanied by an Israeli team including technicians to construct them and train local personnel how to run them, and a doctor and a nurse under the auspices of the Health Ministry. They will train their African counterparts to educate at-risk populations on how to prevent the spread of the disease. Israeli Ambassador to the United Nations Ron Prosor told a Security Council in September that just as Israel answered the call for humanitarian aid in Haiti, Ghana and the Philippines, “Israel is ready for the new challenge standing before the world, and has started providing funds and medical equipment.” (via Israel21c)
Annukka

Israeli Arab diplomat calls for disbanding notion of the Nak

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 08.10.2014 21:09

Israeli Arab diplomat calls for disbanding notion of the Nakba

"To me it seems the Nakba has been transformed from a humanitarian issue to a political one, to perpetuate the current situation as leverage on Israel. It is time to put the hatred and alienation behind us," says Deputy Ambassador George Deek.

Shlomo Cesana

Israeli Deputy Ambassador to Norway George Deek is a Christian Arab has called on disbanding the notion of the Nakba, or "Catastrophe," as many Arab nations refer to Israel's establishment in 1948.

Deek, the son of refugees from Jaffa, has lectured throughout Europe on his family's history, and has called on others who left or were deported from Jaffa after 1948 to let go of the Nakba concept.

"When I walk through my birthplace, Jaffa, I think about the fishermen's beach in 1948, about my house in Ajami [neighborhood] and the stories I heard about those years," Deek said in a lecture uploaded recently to YouTube.

"My grandfather George, after whom I was named, lived in Jaffa with his family for 400 years. He married Vera, my grandmother, and a few months later their plans changed. The United Nations recognized Israel and a few months later the State of Israel was formed. The Arab leaders warned that anyone who stays will be murdered by the Jews and they suggested running away. They said that armies of five Arab nations would destroy Israel and we would be able to return to our homes.

"The war ended with an Arab failure. [They] did not succeed in destroying Israel. Since 1948, there have been numerous occasions, including now, of refugees being kicked out of their homes."

Deek questioned why the displacement in Israel is the only one to be called the Nakba.

"Why are Poles, Iraqis and others not mentioned by the international community and the U.N., but the Nakba is? To me it seems the Nakba has been transformed from a humanitarian issue to a political one, to perpetuate the current situation as leverage against Israel. It is time to put the hatred and alienation behind us."
Annukka

13 Indisputable Facts About Jerusalem

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 09.10.2014 07:32

Annukka

"Remove Israel from That Map!"

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 09.10.2014 19:20

http://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/4765/ ... israel-map

What is wrong with all the Arab world? They do not accept Israel as a country but
all of them love illusion state Palestinian! Are Arabs really so naive and childish?
Annukka

A Father and Son's Prayer Tin Sign

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 14.10.2014 08:27

A Father and Son's Prayer Tin Sign

Product Image Only $9.99

The relationship between a father and son is something very special. From a young age, sons look up to their fathers and dream of being as big and strong as they are. In the eyes of a little boy, their father is a hero. Many sons have probably prayed this exact prayer: "Dear God, make me the kind of man my Daddy is."

But from the father's perspective, they only wish they were really the hero their son thinks they are. A more common prayer of fathers probably goes something like this: "Dear God, make me the kind of man my son thinks I am."

This sign captures the spirit of many fathers and sons, and is a good reminder to be the man your son thinks you are.
Annukka

Feast of Tabernacles event at the Jerusalem Payis Arena on M

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 14.10.2014 08:54

President Reuven Rivlin addressed the massed ranks of delegates to the 35th annual Feast of Tabernacles event at the Jerusalem Payis Arena on Monday night, and thanked them for their support of the Jewish state, saying that the connection of Zionism to the Christian community had “deep historical roots.”

“Thank you for your friendship. Thank you for your dedication. Thank you for your consistent trust and support,” he said.

The International Christian Embassy Jerusalem, a pro-Israel Evangelical organization, organized the five-day event, which brought more than 5,000 delegates from 80 countries to the capital.

World Jewish Congress President Ronald Lauder spoke at the event, and said the international community is ignoring the plight of Christians in the Middle East, and that entire communities had been wiped out.

Lauder and ICEJ Executive Director Dr. Jürgen Bühler have written a letter to world leaders calling on them to speak out against the persecution in recent years of Christian communities in the region.

“We as Jews know how important it is to speak out. In the 1930s in Germany when Jews were deprived of their rights and persecuted the world was silent. We know what happens when the world is silent, so today we are standing up and speaking out,” Lauder said.

He decried global silence on the fate of Christians in the Middle East, and accused the UN of failing to bring attention to the issue while frequently condemning Israel, for example during the recent conflict in Gaza.

The letter decried “the frightening situation facing Christian minorities in Muslim countries,” and said that the “executions, persecution and uprooting of ancient Christian communities is an ongoing tragedy,” ignored by world leaders.

Speaking at a press conference earlier on Monday was Canon Andrew White, who has lived and worked with Christians in Iraq since 1998 and who last week was forced to leave the country due to the threat of kidnapping by the Islamic State terrorist militia.

White thanked Lauder and the ICEJ for their efforts in speaking out against the persecution of Christians, but said words were not enough to help alleviate the situation.

“Today we see the Jewish community standing with the beleaguered, harassed, murdered and massacred Christians of the Middle East,” said White.

“I used to have congregation of 6,500 people, but there are now more Iraqi Christians in Chicago than in Iraq,” he continued. White has been nicknamed the “Vicar of Baghdad,” for his leadership role in the Christian community in Iraq over the last 16 years.

He said that his church has been reduced to 200 members by the flight of Christians from Baghdad due to the violence in the city in recent years.

“All the letters in the world do not feed or protect our people, or give them shelter or protection... Our people are being killed and massacred, ISIS are there on the doorstep...

The UN is useless, they have done nothing for us whatsoever,” he said.

White called for the US to commit ground troops to the war against Islamic State, calling the air campaign ineffective and a waste of time.

The vicar was pessimistic about the prospects for the Christian communities of Iraq, Syria and the broader region, saying that he did not see a future for Christians in the Middle East.

White left Iraq eight days ago. He said that the Church of England and the British government told him it was too dangerous for him to be in the country and that he was at risk of being kidnapped and ransomed by Islamic State.
Annukka

Again and again!

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 14.10.2014 17:57

A mob of teenagers in Crown Heights, New York City, vandalized a Jewish-owned business Saturday night, then damaged several nearby cars and buses before shouting “Heil Hitler” and leaving the area, witnesses said. The incident was captured on security camera. The store, Gourmet Butchers, was likely targeted because it was owned by Jews, the owner, Yanki Klein, told the local ABC News affiliate. The group, which various media sources described as consisting of 30 to 70 youths, primarily African-American, started “to scream and make noise” and then “everything happened in seconds,” Klein said. Another witness told the station that “a whole bunch of guys, they just rush the place. It was like out of nowhere, and everyone was just in like shock-mode, and everyone was shocked to see what was going on, there was no reason for it.” The same witness said that members of the group shouted “a Nazi phrase” before running away.

Watch Here

The video footage, posted to YouTube, shows a group of youths gathering outside the store, then cuts to several of them bursting through the main entrance, knocking over a shelf and throwing products around before leaving. Police were called to the scene and an investigation was launched into the incident. According to an account posted on the neighborhood news site Crownheights.info, the store has been targeted in the past by similar acts of vandalism carried out by smaller groups or individuals, and the owner has requested more police presence in the area, but to no avail. “[Very often] these kinds of kids come by my store and yell ‘Heil Hitler,’ or steal things that are on shelves near the door… I’ve asked the police to put an officer on my corner many times, but I feel like I am being ignored and these ‘minor’ problems keep happening.” Klein said. The Crown Heights area of Brooklyn, home to a large population of both Hasidic Jews and African Americans, has in the past been a flash point of tension between the two communities.
Annukka

THIS is what liberals want!

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 15.10.2014 08:05

Houston’s Lesbian Mayor Demands Pastors Turn Over Sermon

Posted on October 14, 2014

Just throw out freedom of religion and speech right out of the window. Check this out…

The city of Houston has issued subpoenas demanding a group of pastors turn over any sermons dealing with homosexuality, gender identity or Annise Parker, the city’s first openly lesbian mayor. And those ministers who fail to comply could be held in contempt of court.

“The city’s subpoena of sermons and other pastoral communications is both needless and unprecedented,” Alliance Defending Freedom attorney Christina Holcomb said in a statement. “The city council and its attorneys are engaging in an inquisition designed to stifle any critique of its actions.”

ADF, a nationally-known law firm specializing in religious liberty cases, is representing five Houston pastors. They filed a motion in Harris County court to stop the subpoenas arguing they are “overbroad, unduly burdensome, harassing, and vexatious.”

“Political and social commentary is not a crime,” Holcomb said. “It is protected by the First Amendment.”

The subpoenas are just the latest twist in an ongoing saga over the Houston’s new non-discrimination ordinance. The law, among other things, would allow men to use the ladies room and vice versa. The city council approved the law in June.

The Houston Chronicle reported opponents of the ordinance launched a petition drive that generated more than 50,000 signatures – far more than the 17,269 needed to put a referendum on the ballot.

However, the city threw out the petition in August over alleged irregularities.

After opponents of the bathroom bill filed a lawsuit the city’s attorneys responded by issuing the subpoenas against the pastors.

Read more: Fox News
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum