tuumis

This and That

Valvoja: Annukka

A smile

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 29.09.2014 06:59

If someone is too tired to give you a smile, leave one of your own, because no one needs a smile as much as those who have none to give.
Annukka

How Christians are Persecuted in the PA

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 01.10.2014 21:24

Op-Ed: How Christians are Persecuted in the PA

Manfred Gerstenfeld interviews Justus Reid Weiner, international human rights lawyer: "...In Gaza, five Christians were kidnapped in July 2012 and forced to convert to Islam."

Share on facebook

Share on twitter

Share on email

Share on print

More Sharing Services

Published: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 8:41 PM

Dr. Manfred Gerstenfeld
The writer has been a long-term adviser on strategy issues to the boards...
► More from this writer

“Persecution of Christians by Muslims throughout the Middle East is severe and has been progressively increasing in intensity. In the early twentieth century, Christians accounted for about twenty percent of the Middle East population. At present, this figure is estimated at around four percent.

“The persecution of Christians in the Palestinian territories is less severe than in a number of other Muslim countries. Yet, it is still discriminatory and sometimes fatal. However, this is hidden from the international community, partly by false statements from several Palestinian Christian leaders who are in alliance with the Palestinian Authority (PA) and Hamas.”

Justus Reid Weiner is an international human rights lawyer and a member of the Israel and New York Bar Associations. He would like to express his appreciation to intern Nataniel Lelental for his contributions to this project.

“A few among many more examples of persecution and discrimination of Christians in the Palestinian territories illustrate their varied nature: In April 2013, the Christian Holy Family School in Gaza was set on fire.

"Several months later, in June, five Christian schools in Gaza were closed after a Hamas government order that prohibited mixed-gender schooling. Nominally, the regulation concerned all schools in Gaza, yet the five Christian schools were the only such co-ed schools there.

“The Christian minority in Gaza is tiny and consists of between one and two thousand individuals. According to the Greek Orthodox Church in Gaza, five Christians were kidnapped in July 2012 and forced to convert to Islam. In a press release, the Church stated that the police refused to intervene as Salam Salameh, a Hamas member of the Palestinian Parliament, headed the organization that was responsible for the conversion.

In Bethlehem...many of them refrain from bearing crosses in public and carrying Bibles.
“In July 2012, a court in Jericho sentenced a Christian to a month of imprisonment for eating in public during Ramadan. Five other people were also arrested for the same conduct. The chairman of the PA Supreme Court for Sharia Law stated: ‘We have to monitor the streets, and severely punish anyone who eats in public during Ramadan. This is the responsibility of the security forces…I call upon other non-Muslims to be considerate of Muslims’ feelings.’ This is in sharp contrast to Western societies, where the majority is usually called upon to be considerate of the minority.

“The Palestinian Land Law prescribes the death penalty for selling land to Jews. Various Christians have testified that it is also enforced if land is sold to Christians. Several Christian owners have been extorted to give up their land to Muslims. In practice, the legal system in the Palestinian territories provides them no recourse.

“Vera Baboun, the Christian Mayor of Bethlehem, wrote about the 2012 Christmas holiday season: ‘This is the Bethlehem we also share with the world. A Bethlehem that is the natural coexistence between Christians and Muslims, an example for the rest of the region.’

"Yet, Baboun has been subject to a smear campaign in which she allegedly discriminates against Muslims. As a result, she and her family have been repeatedly threatened. She filed a complaint with the Palestinian Authority, which she withdrew after intimidation by Fatah’s armed wing.

“Steve Khoury, Pastor of the First Baptist Church of Bethlehem, said in May 2013, that Christians are facing continuous harassment. Due to this, many of them refrain from bearing crosses in public and carrying Bibles. He added that they are often told by Muslims to ‘Convert to Islam. It’s the true and right religion.’ Khoury’s church has been fire-bombed fourteen times.

“In December 2013, Samir Qumsieh, a Christian community leader from Beit Sahour near Bethlehem provided several examples of the intimidation the Christian community faces. He showed some examples of souvenirs sold by Christians around Bethlehem’s Manger Square, including t-shirts of the Church of Nativity which do not bear crosses as would be customary. On another occasion Qumsieh stated: ‘We are harassed but you would not know the truth. No one says anything publicly about the Muslims. This is why Christians are running away.’

“Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas has stated: ‘Christians are not a minority here. They are an integral part of the Palestinian people. Orthodox, Catholics, Armenians, Assyrians, Lutherans, Anglicans, Copts, Melkites, Protestants and others, are all part of the rich mosaic of this free, sovereign, democratic, and pluralistic Palestine we aspire to have, and as established in our Declaration of Independence and draft Constitution.’

"This was one of Abbas’ many false statements, as Article 7 of that Constitution says: ‘The principles of the Islamic Shari’a are a main source for legislation.’”

Weiner concludes: “Unless action is taken however, Palestinian statehood may well lead to the creation of another Muslim state where minorities are brutally persecuted until additional major segments of them emigrate. The treatment and fate of the Palestinian Christians is a litmus test of the true nature of Palestinian rule.”
Annukka

A 27-year-old Israeli social entrepreneur has been named a ‘

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 02.10.2014 08:49

A 27-year-old Israeli social entrepreneur has been named a ‘Next Generation Leader‘ by TIME Magazine for her role in building communities of kindness. Adi Altschuler, the Israel manager of Google for Education, is one of six young people from around the world to be honored by the magazine. “It is not enough, or even necessary, for a leader to be exceptionally good at his or her chosen discipline. What a leader must be exceptionally good at, however, is inspiring others to believe in a shared vision. That’s hard to do, especially when a young scientist, entrepreneur or activist has had only a short time to form a plan and build a team,” TIME magazine writes in its introduction to how it chose “these leaders of tomorrow who are working hard to change their worlds today.” Altschuler’s write up in the magazine talks about her role in founding Krembo Wings youth movement for children with special needs (which today has 35 branches across Israel with over 3,000 volunteers), her role as mentor for other social entrepreneurs, a new organization she recently founded that encourages Israelis to think differently about the impact of the Holocaust, and about her day job as the Israel manager of Google for Education, a Google department that trains tens of thousands of Israeli teachers in new ways of teaching and integrating technology in classrooms “to make learning magical again.” TIME’s other inspirational young persons in its first class of ‘next generation leaders’ include Indian architect Alok Shetty (28) for his pioneering work in designing affordable flood-proof homes for the poor; Chinese scientist Zhao Bowen (22) who is working on improving medical testing; Tunisian women’s rights activist Ikram Ben Said (34); British self-made online music video mogul Jamal Edwards (24); and Nigerian Ola Orekunrin (28), the founder and managing director of Flying Doctors Nigeria, the first emergency air ambulance service in the country. (via Israel21c)
Annukka

Israeli Hospital Saved the Life of Syrian 5-Year-Old

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 02.10.2014 09:12

Israeli Hospital Saved the Life of Syrian 5-Year-Old

A Syrian boy arrived in Rambam Hospital after being struck in the face by a stray bullet. He underwent a complex surgery to save his life. According to the doctors, the boy was lucky because the bullet passed very close to an important artery. The worried father hugged his child and thanked the hospital.

Oct 01, 2014, 03:41PM | Rachel Avraham

Tell a Friend

Bullet found in the throat of the Syrian child

Bullet found in the throat of the Syrian child Photo Credit: Rambam

A 5-year-old boy injured by a stray bullet was brought to Haifa’s Rambam Hospital for a long and complicated surgery that saved his life.

About a week ago, the Syrian boy turned to his father when shots were heard. While running for cover, the bullet struck the boy’s face, entered towards his right cheak and then towards the neck. The father rushed him to an IDF hospital along the Syrian border and after that he arrived in moderate condition at Rambam Hospital.

Doctors at the hospital performed tests to locate the bullet and it was discovered that it went down towards the neck of the child through the pharynx and longue to a particularly dangerous location: adjacent to one of the main veins.

“We explained to the father from the bottom of our hearts that the boy was lucky, because the bullet stopped before hitting an important artery,” Dr. Salah Nasser stated. “We explained that even this is risky and challenging, but the bullet must leave him.”

It had taken about two and a half hours for doctors to retrieve the bullet from the dangerous area. “Even during the surgery, there was a great concern,” Nasser stated. “It was not clear if the bullet was clogging blood vessels and that we would be able to take it out once there was dangerous bleeding, but fortunately this did not happen.”

Outside the operation room, the worried father waited and was happy to receive the good news. “He hugged us and thanked us for saving him,” Nasser stressed. “The child was very lucky. A few more millimeters down and he would have died instantly. Now he is recovering from the surgery and in a few days could be discharged
Annukka

Rebbetzin Kanievsky & the sheltering sweetness of a mother’s

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 06.10.2014 08:05

Rebbetzin Kanievsky & the sheltering sweetness of a mother’s love.

by Sara Debbie Gutfreund

Four years ago we stood on the narrow steps to the Bnei Brak apartment of Rabbi and Rebbetzin Kanievsky. My son and I were here with his nursery school class. Rabbi Kanievsky was going to give a blessing to this group of four-year-old boys who were all dressed in their Shabbos pants and shiny shoes.

That morning my son had woken before dawn and come racing into our bedroom. “Ima, I want to get dressed. Is it almost time to go? The Rav is waiting for us!”

When we walked into the Kanievsky home, the first thing I noticed was how small the apartment was. How will we all fit? We went into the tiny room lined with hundreds of books that go from the floor to the ceiling. The boys clutched their mother’s hands as the Rebbetzin walked in. It felt like the room expanded somehow. It didn’t even feel crowded.

“What beautiful kinderlach!” the Rebbetzin exclaimed as if she has never seen children before. “Come, I want to tell you a secret, kinderlach.” The boys let go of our hands and slowly moved towards her like branches of a tree reaching for the sunlight.

“I have a little package for each of you. But do you know what is sweeter than candy?” The boys’ faces were lifted up towards her with smiles filling their eyes. It was so completely quiet. “The Torah. It is sweeter than any candy in the whole world.” She whispered words of blessing as she handed out little bags with candy to each of the boys. Then the Rav’s assistant came to bring the boys into the Rav for a blessing. But my son clung to my skirt, refusing to move.

“You’ve been waiting for so long for a blessing from the Rav,” I whispered. “I’m waiting right here. Don’t be afraid.” I tried to bring him towards the rapidly disappearing line of his friends. But he wouldn’t go.

“No, Ima. I want to stay with you.” I didn’t know what to do. We came all this way. He was speaking about this trip for months. My mind started to fill with self-doubt. I thought about a client that I was struggling with who was in a terrible relationship and seemed less reachable every week. I thought about the button that fell off one of my daughter’s shirts that week and when I told her that I would take it to the tailor, she looked up at me in surprise saying, “Ima, you don’t know how to sew?” I thought about all of my children. I have no idea how to raise these children, how to run my house, how to speak to my clients. I don’t know how to be a mother. Why is my son the only one who is afraid? There must be something wrong with me.

Suddenly Rebbetzin Kanievsky was beside me. Her hand was on my shoulder as she peered down at my little boy.

“You don’t want to leave your Ima? You’re a smart boy. I want to give you a blessing. You should grow to be a scholar and a leader among the Jewish people. Here motek, this is for you.” The Rebbeztin handed my son a honey cookie and then looked me in the eye. Her own eyes were full of light, like a million stars were shining from within.

“A mother’s love is like honey. That is why your son wants to stay with you. Because of that sweetness that you give him. Don’t be afraid to keep giving that to your children. Just like God’s sweetness. Just like He holds us in His arms.”

My eyes filled with tears. I lifted up my son. I don’t know why I deserve such a beautiful gift, but God chose me to be your mother. Forever.

When we heard that the Rebbetzin passed away during Sukkot, I was sitting in the sukkah with my children. Tears rose in my throat as my daughters gasped in shock around me. The Rebbetzin? She passed away? When? Why? How? I thought of the hugeness of her heart. How her eyes lit up when she saw all those little boys in her home. How the sweetness of all of her blessings lingered still. I looked up at the glittering decorations hanging above us and the stars peeking out from between the branches. I heard her words echo towards me: A mother’s love is like honey. Just like God’s sweetness. Just like He holds us in His arms right here in the embrace of the sheltering sukkah.
Annukka

Let's Talk About Sweden

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 06.10.2014 20:36

Let's Talk About Sweden

Monday, October 06, 2014 | Tsvi Sadan

Related Stories
◾Israel to West: Follow Canada's lead
◾Belgium forbids Israelis to name child 'Jerusalem'
◾'Jews should leave France' after brutal school shooting

Topics:
Global

On the eve of the Day of Atonement (Yom Kippur), the most sacred day of the Jewish calendar, Sweden's new prime minister, Stefan Loefven, announced in his inauguration speech that Sweden will be the first major European country to recognize the 'State of Palestine.'

Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman responded by saying that Loefven had failed to study the issue in-depth and to understand that the obstacle to peace over the last 20 years has been the Palestinian Authority, not Israel. Lieberman demonstrated his displeasure by summoning the Swedish ambassador, a severe diplomatic measure.

It is not surprising that Sweden, which has become the pinnacle of European ignobility, is at the forefront of European anti-Israel policy masquerading as a pursuit for peace.

Ignobility and anti-Israel policy, it would seem, are an inseparable pair. There are several examples of how grotesque Sweden has become in its attempt to implement a liberal worldview that has spiraled out of control.

Rape in Sweden has increased exponentially over the past two decades. Today, Sweden is second only to Lesotho in number of rapes per capita, with 63 reported rapes per 100,000 inhabitants. Efforts to confront the issue have been bizarre, so say the least. While 77 percent of all rapes in Sweden have been attributed to Muslim immigrants, Green Party MP Magda Rasmusson reached the conclusion that since "men account for the largest proportion of crimes and sexual violence...it would be more appropriate to discuss the expulsion of men, rather than immigrants."

Just to be clear, according to this Swedish feminist, the problem of rape in her country can be solved by banishing men.

Though most Swedes are aware of the problem of Islamization in their own country, they are still convinced that multiculturalism has produced a better society than the old, homogeneous Swedish one. Maybe it is for this reason that the archbishop of Sweden, Antje Jackelén, has chosen as her motto the phrase "God is Greater," which sounds suspiciously like "Allahu akbar," and is probably meant to placate both Muslims and Christians.

Jackelén and Loefven have apparently chosen to put their faith in multiculturalism, which in the current Swedish context means integration with Islam. It is this new Western idealism that is pushing Sweden to take legal measures typically reserved for undemocratic autocracies. In its grand effort to force multiculturalism, Swedish authorities make wide use of buzz words like "racism" as a means to coerce the populace into an Orwellian corral.

This was perhaps the first year in which a Swedish artist, Dan Parker, was jailed for attempting to exercise that most liberal of values: freedom of speech. Parker was sentenced to six months in jail for defamation and inciting hatred against an ethnic group, and eight of his paintings were confiscated by the authorities. His incarceration is seen by many as proof for the gradual loss of freedom in Sweden.

In contrast, in 2004 the Museum of National Antiquities in Stockholm had no problem hosting the "Snow White and The Madness of Truth" exhibit by Swedish-Israeli artist Dror Feilers. The exhibit consisted of a pool of blood upon which floated a small white boat carrying a portrait of Hanadi Jaradat, a female Palestinian suicide bomber. Despite the protest of the Israeli ambassador, who was outraged by what he perceived as an attempt to portray a suicide bomber as Snow White, nobody thought to remove the exhibition of a known vehemently anti-Israeli artist.

What do these examples have to do with Sweden's willingness to become the first major European country to recognize the 'State of Palestine'?

These examples demonstrate that Sweden has capitulated to the spirit of political correctness that breeds unmitigated support for the Palestinian cause. Indeed, if the archbishop of Sweden has accepted Islam in one way or another, why should the prime minister leg behind?

Sweden as Europe's multicultural spearhead is running a well-chartered course that is bound to end with it becoming a Muslim state that will hate Israel with the same ferocity exhibited today by Muslims who openly vow to annihilate the Jewish state.

In this light, Prime Minister Stefan Loefven’s announcement, and on the eve of the Day of Atonement of all days, is yet another signal that Sweden has become commitmed to values that are ultimately opposed to Israel's determined efforts to remain a Jewish state.

Want more news from Israel?
Click Here to sign up for our FREE daily email updates
Annukka

The Ten Commandments - Still Applicable to the World Today

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 07.10.2014 06:30

The Ten Commandments - Still Applicable to the World Today

David Whitney October 5, 2014

The airplane is free only when it lands on the runway designed for it. Any other landing will bring disaster and death, not freedom.

Over this past weekend a memorial service was held for my friend John Lofton. It reminded me of what Ecclesiastes 7:2 states, "It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting: for that is the end of all men; and the living will lay it to his heart."

There is much to learn at a funeral. It surely brings the reality of our mortality into focus. It reminds us of the brevity of life; and it takes us back to the question of what really matters—what will last for eternity?

Today, as we embark on our next series in the book of Exodus, we come to the Ten Commandments given in Exodus 20:1-17. This is a momentous passage, and it has had a profound impact on the lives of individuals and families. Entire nations have been transformed by it.

The giving of the Ten Commandments was not merely the central event in the founding of the nation Israel. This event at Sinai prescribes for all mankind the duties we owe to our Creator as well as the duties we owe to our fellow man. Indeed it would not be too much to state that here lays the foundation of Western Civilization. Please notice how it all begins with the relationship between God and the worshipper.

The Preamble to The Ten Commandments — Exodus 20:1-2

"And God spake all these words, saying, I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage." We learn from the context of chapter 19 as we saw previously that all of Israel's men, women and children were called to assemble at the edge of the mountain. Overwhelmed as they were by the smoke and fire, by the earthquake and the increasingly loud sound of the trumpet, God had their full attention at that moment. All the Children of Israel could hear the Law declared to them by God's own voice.

The basis of the covenant relationship was God's deliverance of them from Egypt. They went from bondage to liberty. For four hundred years they had been slaves in Egypt under the tyrannical Pharaohs. God miraculously delivered them from the slave house; God was the one who set them free.

Today, many persons have a great misunderstanding in thinking that if they follow Christianity, they don't have liberty. That is far from the truth. In fact, Christianity, when followed correctly, brings liberty – not bondage. 2 Corinthians 3:17 explains, "Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."

Liberty is not anarchy, but liberty is under law – God's Law. The people were set free from bondage in Egypt, but that liberty was not so they could do whatever they pleased, but rather so they could do the perfect will of their Creator. Only then would they experience true liberty.

As I shared earlier, an airplane appears to be free to do whatever it likes, fly wherever it wants to. However, if you talk with any pilot, he will tell you that those appearances are deceptive. Planes are still subject to the law of gravity. There are also all kinds of forces in play that must be considered, such as wind and storms and other aircraft. There is a whole lot of education and highly skilled training required to just get into the pilot's seat.

The plane's apparent freedom is governed by a host of physical laws as well as man-made laws, which are all designed for the safety of those on board and those on the ground. For example, just consider the tricky business of landing the plane. The pilot cannot simply choose to land the plane wherever he likes. Can you imagine hearing the announcement come on from the cockpit of a commercial jet liner, "This is your captain speaking. As we are approach the destination, I decided that I am bored with always landing on the same runway—so routine and mundane. So today, I thought I would treat you all to a landing on, say, that interstate highway just off to the left." You can imagine the panic in the seats on that plane.

Is it liberating to say the plane can land wherever the pilot fancies to land? No, it is not liberty; it is death and destruction. So here is the major misunderstanding of God's Law: it was not given to harm us, but rather to bless us. Follow it and we will experience life, reject it and it will lead to death and destruction.

Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/10/ten-c ... Vhisloc.99
Annukka

Anti-Semitism Spreads to Sweden

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 07.10.2014 06:32

Anti-Semitism Spreads to Sweden

Pamela Geller 13 hours ago

The Times of Israel reported Friday that "Sweden's new government is set to recognize the State of Palestine, in a move that will make it the first member of the European Union to do so." On the eve of the holiest day of the year for the Jewish people, Yom Kippur, they announce this. The anti-Semites of Sweden, who have all but given up and handed their country over to Islamic supremacists, seek to impose the same fate upon the Jewish people.

Sweden's new leftist Prime Minister Stefan Lofven said: "The conflict between Israel and Palestine can only be solved with a two-state solution, negotiated in accordance with international law. … The two-state solution requires mutual recognition and a will to co-exist peacefully. Sweden will therefore recognize the state of Palestine."

And with the new government, Sweden now has its first Muslim Brotherhood sympathizer in a top leadership position: Mehmet Kaplan, who was on board the Turkish jihad flotilla that chanted a genocidal Islamic war chant and battled Israeli troops while on a supposed "humanitarian" mission to Gaza.

He didn't say when or how Sweden was going to recognize a state that doesn't exist, but that's just details. Lofven has made it abundantly clear that Sweden is aligning itself firmly with the Islamic states of the world, all of which are hotbeds of Jew hatred and calls for jihad against Israel.

Israel Deputy Foreign Minister Tzachi Hanegbi pointed out that Sweden's actions would not bring peace, but would make it more difficult to attain: "The more international support the Palestinians receive without being required to negotiate and without paying their due in mutual concessions, the less likely an accord becomes."

Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman added: "If the situation in the Middle East is what concerns the Swedish prime minister in his inaugural speech, he would be better off focusing on more pressing matters in the region such as the daily mass killings taking place in Syria, Iraq and other places."

Pamela Geller's commitment to freedom from jihad and Shariah shines forth in her books

Sweden has, in fact, evolved into more of an Islamic state than a Western one. Recent news reports show crushing weakness and dhimmitude in the wake of violent Muslim agitation.

The Swedish authorities' response to the jihad raging on their streets is: "We will have to live with the shootings." Swedish police are ambushed and attacked by Muslim mobs. Police are beaten by Muslim gangs. Regularly. Muslims torch cars, stone police and riot across cities in Sweden. The Islamic State in Sweden has vowed, "Until the day we die, we will engage in war against Sweden and Europe." "Truly catastrophic" plots have been thwarted in Sweden. Muslims have set up non-go, Shariah zones in Sweden. A politician who spoke critically of Islam had a bomb planted in his car.

With the rising aggression of Muslims and the capitulation of the non-Muslim authorities has come a sharp rise in anti-Semitism. Jews are openly beaten in the streets in Sweden by Muslims. Muslim politicians in Sweden have called Jews apes and pigs. Swedes are beaten with iron pipes for displaying the Israel flag.

Are they hoping to make a deal with the devil?

Why is Sweden recognizing the annihilationist movement against the Jews? What exactly is Sweden recognizing and sanctioning? The jihad against the Jews.

This is surrender to jihad. In April of this year, the Swedes criminalized criticism of Islam in accordance with the Shariah. Now this.

Sweden's new dhimmi prime minister said, "The two-state solution requires mutual recognition and a will to co-exist peacefully. Sweden will, therefore, recognize the state of Palestine." When have the Muslims in Gaza, Judea or Samaria (the mythical "Palestinians") ever said that they would recognize the Jewish state? The very existence of the state of Israel is deeply offensive to devout Muslims.

There are two states already: Israel and Jordan. A "Palestinian" state would simply become a new jihad base for renewed attacks against a reduced and truncated Israel. Its inception would embolden the jihadis who are openly thirsting for a new genocide of the Jews.

Sweden was once wealthy, beautiful and modern. But all that has changed. It has become as totalitarian as Saudi Arabia or Iran. Its immigration policies have overwhelmed the culture and the treasury of the Swedes. One U.N. report says that Sweden will soon be a Third-World nation.

The worse it gets, the more restrictions there are on freedom and speech. Strict enforcement of the blasphemy laws under the Shariah – "do not criticize or insult Islam."

A chilling video shows how one of Sweden's biggest newspapers, Expressen, used criminal hackers to break into Disqus and get the email addresses and identities of commenters online, and to reveal the persons behind the nicknames or anonymous user IDs. The newspaper sent a reporter and a cameraman to one person's home and asked them about things they had written on different websites. Expressen published the names and photos of some people, which led to at least one person losing his job.

The newspaper should have been shuttered and its editor(s) brought up on charges. But this is Shariah, so it was the victims who were punished. And with the recognition of "Palestine," the Swedes have out-Saudied the Saudis again.

One commenter to my website, PamelaGeller.com, wrote: "I am a Swedish citizen and I am soon leaving Sweden because the Muslim invasion of my country makes it impossible to live here. Today we got the news that there is an Islamist in the government. In Sweden there are now crimes like gang rapes, honor killings, and so on. Crimes like that were not heard about before. Sweden used to be a quiet and peaceful country up in the northern Europe. Today it is an Arabic hell hole. I am moving out now."

That could become the epitaph for all of Europe.

Don't forget to Like Freedom Outpost on Facebook, Google Plus, Tea Party Community & Twitter.

You can also get Freedom Outpost delivered to your Amazon Kindle device here.

Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/10/anti- ... V7wAAer.99
Annukka

My brush with bus bigot

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 07.10.2014 06:39

My brush with bus bigot

By Rosa Doherty, September 17, 2014

Follow Rosa on Twitter

When I boarded a packed 102 bus in Golders Green on Tuesday evening, the last thing I expected was to be confronted with a racist free to spout antisemitic abuse with no one prepared to stop him.

On the top deck of my bus, which was full of Jewish school children, sat a grey-haired man screaming “get the Jews off the bus, all they do is f*** us”.

I took my seat and looked around stunned at what I was hearing, desperate to catch the eyes of other outraged passengers.

But all I saw was heads tilted, eyes down or firmly faced forward, as the man continued to shout: “I hate the Jews, burn them, I’m going to burn this bus.”

As the bus slowly crawled towards Temple Fortune, the man, who appeared to be in his late 40s, stood up and announced that the long line of traffic was “the Jews fault.”

Unchallenged, he stormed off and marched alongside the bus as it crawled towards the North Circular.

The relieved passengers visibly relaxed, with one joking, “I don’t think he could burn a bus”, was the only remark I heard anyone make about the incident.

As we continued our journey, I tweeted police and the Community Security Trust with details of what had happened, including photo evidence I had taken.

The man who shouted antisemitic abuse on a102 bus (Photo: @Rosa_Doherty)
The man who shouted antisemitic abuse on a102 bus (Photo: @Rosa_Doherty)

I thought that was the end of the matter, but to my horror I saw that the man had stopped walking and was now waiting at the next stop.

Surely he was not going to get on the bus again? Surely he wouldn’t be allowed?

I went downstairs to the driver.

“You’re not going to let this man back on a bus where there are unaccompanied Jewish school children?” I asked. “Are you aware of the abuse he has been shouting?”

The driver shrugged. “Yes I know. There is nothing I can do”, he said and proceeded to open the doors to the man, who climbed back up to the top deck and started shouting again.

Stunned, and by this point quite frightened, I dialled 999.

I explained to the operator I was on a bus with a passenger who was shouting racist slurs at passengers and threatening to burn the bus and the Jews on it. This was a crime happening now.

She told me that the driver would have to stop the bus to speak to her. When I passed this on to the driver, he refused.

When he pulled over at the next stop I gave him my phone and insisted he speak to the operator.

“He’s just shouting things. It’s no problem. He is just nuts”, he told her.

Even more disturbing was the emergency operator’s response.

She told me: “If the driver doesn’t stop the bus we can’t send police to you. He said the man was just shouting abuse, which is only anti-social behaviour.”

So there I was, a member of the public on the same bus as someone calling for me and others to be burnt, reporting a crime as it happened, and there was nothing the police or the bus driver could do to help me.

I got off at my stop feeling shaken and disheartened that I live in a city where it seems perfectly acceptable to travel on public transport and scream racist abuse at passengers and go unchallenged.

We have all seen bus drivers bar passengers for not having the right ticket or because their Oyster card has run out. But when it comes to racist abusers, there is nothing they are willing to do, apparently.

Even more upsetting was the fact that the people who we trust with our safety refused to act even when faced with a report of a crime in progress.

Merkel's speech against antisemitism

Michael Gove warns of ‘resurgent and lethal’ antisemitism

Theresa May pledges to tackle shocking rise in antisemitism

TfL questions driver over bus abuse affair

Last updated: 4:53pm, September 17 2014
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum