tuumis

This and That

Valvoja: Annukka

Bravo, Finland and Russia!

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 08.07.2014 07:37

Another Israeli television format has been picked up for global audiences. This latest deal sees The Gran Plan – a factual entertainment format featuring a trio of hilarious grandmas as life coachers for the young and confused – going to Finland and Russia. Leading commercial Finnish broadcaster MTV3 commissioned the format and has already entered into production in partnership with Banijay Finland. Russia’s REN TV are also currently in production. The Gran Plan is an original Israeli production produced by Artza Productions in cooperation with Channel 10. In each episode, the three strong-willed grannies tackle situations from first dates to last dates, from career struggles to unhealthy addictions. They bridge the generation gap in their own amusing way and force their young protégées to move on with their lives. The show is also already airing on Switzerland’s TeleZueri and TV24. “After the success of Connected, we´re thrilled to partner with Armoza on another exciting format,” said Matti Paunio, Head of Domestic Programming, MTV. “With its unique, intriguing edge we expect The Gran Plan to be one of the most talked about programs of the season.” (via Israel21c)
Annukka

Despite the terrifying barrage of missiles, air-raid sirens

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 11.07.2014 09:15

Despite the terrifying barrage of missiles, air-raid sirens and Red Alert warnings in half of Israel this week, Israeli hospitals that regularly provide medical care to patients from Gaza and the Palestinian Authority have continued to do so. Haifa’s Rambam Health Care Campus reported today that its hospitalized patients include three adults and eight children from Gaza, and three adults and two children from the PA. Most of the hospitalized children are in the pediatric oncology or nephrology wards. In addition, the medical center has seven patients from the PA being treated in the outpatient clinics. More patients from the Gaza area scheduled to arrive this week. “Despite the security situation, and despite the fact that both sides are fighting, all continues as usual in the realm of medical cooperation,” said Yazid Falah, coordinator for Palestinian patients coming to Rambam. “Even in times of war we continue to receive patients and give them the care they need — children and adults.” As ISRAEL21c reported earlier this week, four preschoolers from Gaza arrived for lifesaving cardiac care at Wolfson Medical Center in Holon through Save a Child’s Heart. The Israel Center for the Treatment of Psychotrauma, based at Herzog Hospital in Jerusalem, has set up an emergency hot line for callers in distress, and its METIV Crisis Walk-In Clinic has expanded its hours of operation to meet increased demand. Hadassah Medical Center’s Center for Post-trauma Children and Teens is among several Israeli organizations providing emergency training and workshops for parents, social workers and youth coordinators in various parts of the country. (via Israel21c)

So these patients are now afraid about their own bombs from Gaza in Israel!

Annukka

Messianic Jews, Arab Christians Gather Amidst Violence and A

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 11.07.2014 09:42

Messianic Jews, Arab Christians Gather Amidst Violence and Anger

Thursday, July 10, 2014 | David Lazarus

Related Stories
◾Messianic Girl Shocks Israeli Customs Officials
◾Evangelism in Jesus' Hometown
◾Jewish anti-missionaries take on Messianic believers

Topics:
Messianic Jews

"Dancing together with Arabs? Laughing together with them? These are the people I hated my whole life," says Chava, a Messianic Jewish girl who grew up in an Orthodox Jewish family in Israel.

Chava was part of a three-day gathering where she met with an estimated 1,000 Messianic Jewish and Arab Christian youth and young adults in Haifa. At a time when murderous kidnappings, violent riots and a developing war in Gaza are bringing racial tensions to boiling point, these young Messianic Jews and Arab Christians arrived at the conference still reeling with all the raw emotions of the Arab-Israeli conflict.

"These young people came carrying a lot of hurt because of all the recent violence here in Israel," says Rick Ridings, organizer of the annual Elav conference. "Many of them thought that they had dealt with these feelings, but because of the kidnappings and killings they are in pain, on both sides."

For Chava, who grew up in an ultra-Orthodox Jewish ghetto, it was the first time to be in such close quarters with Arabs. "I used to walk with my family to the Wailing Wall and pray that bad things would happen to the Arabs," she recalls. "We have this view that Arabs are bad people. But when I saw them praying to God, and heard them worshipping in Hebrew and then in Arabic, God touched my heart. These are the lost brothers and sisters I have been looking for all my life," she says.

Ridings, who has been organizing these gatherings since 2007, was not sure that any of the young Arabs or Jews would even want to be together during such difficult times. "I didn't know if any of the Palestinian Arabs would even be able, or want to come," he says. "Yet almost miraculously, given the heightened security, about 50 Palestinian believers were able to come."

"These were some of the most meaningful times I have seen at the conference," Ridings told Israel Today. "Perhaps the situation forced these young people to get over the things that normally cause problems. This was real, not just some canned program."

For many of the young believers this was the first time they had ever had a meaningful encounter with the other side. When an Arab believer who grew up in Gaza and a young Messianic Israeli shared their testimonies, it helped others to open up and talk about what they really feel, sharing honestly about what had happened in the army, or with friends killed by terrorists.

"As I washed the feet of my Arab sister, I was able to ask forgiveness for the way my family, and my people, look at them (Arabs)," says Chava. "To hear her say that she forgives me and loves me was so healing. It was the love from Yeshua, nothing else. I never had an Arab friend. Now I have daily contact with my sisters in Ramallah, Jordan and Lebanon," she smiles.

"After hearing my story," continues Chava, "an Arab girl came up to tell me that she hated religious Jews whenever she saw them. This was her first time meeting with someone who came from an Orthodox religious background. She ran to me and asked for forgiveness and asked me to pray for her that she would have more love for my people."

Ridings says that the vision for these gatherings is "to provide a safe environment for Jewish, Arab and Palestinian youth and young adults to have personal encounters with the Lord, to wait on him through worship and prayer, to grow in unity, and to be challenged to minister the Kingdom of God into every area of society."

On the last evening of the gathering, a young Messianic Jew shared about spending three months in Syria helping war refugees. The conference concluded with a call for the young people to go and share the powerful testimony of what Yeshua can do for our broken world.

Want more news from Israel?
Click Here to sign up for our FREE daily email updates
Annukka

Ian McCormack: The Perfect Wave

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 12.07.2014 08:00

Annukka

In the Hospital

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 15.07.2014 08:11

In the Hospital

A woman called Mount Sinai Hospital. “Hello. I'd like to speak to someone who can update me with information about Sarah Finkel, in Room 302.”

The voice on the other end said, “Finkel. Finkel. Let me see. Feinberg, Farber . . . Finkel. Oh yes, Mrs. Finkel is doing very well. In fact, she’s had two full meals, her blood pressure is fine, and if she continues this way, her doctor is going to send her home Tuesday at twelve o’clock.”

The woman said, “Thank G‑d! I'm so happy to hear that. That’s wonderful news.”

The voice on the other end said, “From your enthusiasm, I take it you must be one of the close family.”

“What close family?” she replied. “I’m Sarah Finkel! My doctor won’t tell me nothing!”
Annukka

Paris Synagogue Attack

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 15.07.2014 22:25

Paris Synagogue Attack

In the heart of Paris, calls to kill the Jews enflame a violent mob. An exclusive Aish.com interview.

“It was a meeting for peace – peace for the Israelis, and peace for the Arabs.” That’s how Monsieur Serge Benhaim described it in an exclusive interview with Aish.com.

President of the one of the largest synagogues in Europe, Monsieur Benhaim and his colleagues wanted to do something to help promote peace in the Middle East. They decided to hold a special community wide service at Synagogue Don Isaac Abravanel la Roquette in Paris.

Located in Paris’ fashionable 11th arrondissement, this Orthodox, Sephardic synagogue is a vibrant place. Hundreds of people throng its Shabbat services each week; many members are families with young children.

As the day of the prayer service approached, the mood in France darkened. Anti-Israel rallies were planned for Paris and the French city of Lille; some of the language being used to describe the events was violent.

“On Friday morning we also heard that there would be an anti-Israel rally nearby at the same time,” Monsieur Benhaim recalled. Ominously, the organizers were planning a march through central Paris, ending at the Synagogue Don Isaac Abravanel.

“I told the police it would be dangerous, and asked them to change their route or to shorten the Palestinian walk and finish the walk far away from our synagogue,” Monsieur Benhaim said. The police assured him there was no need to worry; they had the situation under control.

Tensions continued to rise. Saturday night, a Molotov cocktail was thrown at a synagogue in the Paris suburb Aulnay sous Bois and two armed men were arrested as they approached the entrance of another synagogue in the 20th arrondissement of Paris. On Sunday, July 13, 2014 as the anti-Israel rally in the heart of Paris began, 8,000 Parisians flocked to hear denunciations of Jews and the Jewish state.

Jonathan Simon-Sellem, a French-Israeli journalist who was at the scene, wrote later that he couldn’t believe his ears. In the iconic heart of Paris, the Place de Bastille, a speaker stood at a microphone shouting “Death to the Jews!” then the Arabic call “Allah Akbar,” repeated by thousands of people. In nearby restaurants and cafes, Parisians observed the events without saying anything. The mob’s incendiary words went unchallenged. As the demonstrators moved through the streets of Paris, there were calls to kill Jews and to trash Jewish shops. A replica of a Hamas missile that hit an Israeli nursery was paraded and widely applauded by the crowd.

Meanwhile, in the nearby Synagogue Don Isaac Abravanel, hundreds of men and women, many with babies and children in tow, were streaming in for the peace service. Despite their nervousness at the nearby demonstration – and with renewed assurances from the French police – the synagogue organizers felt ready to start. In addition to the police presence, the Consistoire, France’s central Jewish communal organization, had lent the synagogue a dozen unarmed security guards for the day. They were supplemented by about 50 members of a Jewish youth group – also unarmed – who had volunteered to help defend the synagogue from any threats during the service.

“So we start our meeting – 400 people – women, children,” Monsieur Benhaim explained. As the congregants started praying for peace in Israel, the anti-Israel demonstrators were getting closer and more provocative. Minutes into the service, at 6pm, a battle broke out outside between demonstrators and police, a mere 300 meters from the synagogue.

Police stemmed the march, diverting it down a boulevard away from the synagogue. Then a mob of 1,000 protestors doubled back, marching on the synagogue. “We heard a big cry and ‘Allah Akbar’ by one thousand people,” Monsieur Benhaim said.

Congregants watched in horror as protestors – many armed with knives, axes and broken bottles - stormed the building. The synagogue’s security guards rushed to keep out the intruders. For a few long moments, they fought alone; five sustained light injuries. Then they were relieved by police.

The battle outside raged for hours. Another nearby synagogue was pelted with stones. “So we closed the synagogue and we asked everybody to stay inside until everything would be okay,” Monsieur Benhaim said. He heard the mob outside “all the time singing ‘Allah Akbar’ and ‘Kill the Jews’ – if you can call that a song.” Congregants were particularly concerned that police secure a nearby metro station, to stop them being attacked as they and their families made their way home at night.

Cooped up in the synagogue for hours, the congregants turned their attention to the children, making their comfort and security their number one priority. Synagogue officials showed some short films about Israel; others led the children in song. People brought out toys and games, somebody found soft drinks. It wasn’t until 9:30pm, hours after the battle of the Synagogue Don Isaac Abravanel started, that police secured the area and congregants were finally allowed to leave the building and go home.

A Turning Point

In the aftermath of the siege, France’s president and major ministers were quick to condemn the attack. France’s Interior Minister Manuel Valls denounced it “with the greatest force.” Police were posted at the synagogue the following day, Bastille Day in France. French officials rushed to assure France’s Jews that they will be protected. But after the siege of his synagogue – one of the major Jewish institutions in Europe - Monsieur Benhaim isn’t so sure. For him and many others, the attack on the Synagogue Don Isaac Abravanel is a turning point.

“People were really afraid. They didn’t dream of such a situation; people coming to a synagogue to fight and perhaps to kill people. The last time Jewish people have been endangered was the Second World War with the Germans…. A synagogue was something that was very respected; synagogues, cemeteries, schools or hospitals were something holy. This attack is something very new.”

Monsieur Benhaim believes that the politicians and police want to protect the Jewish community, but given the increasing threat and constant anti-Semitic harassment the community faces, they lack the resources. “Now we are afraid they are trying to kill us. Molotov cocktails. Toulouse two years ago (when a gunman shot dead three children and a father outside the Jewish school) . Every day we have a problem. Every day young people coming out of school are pushed and attacked.”

“I don’t wear a kippah in public any more. Nobody goes in the street in a kippah. We stopped two or three years ago. Now we wear a cap.”

In the past few years the number of French Jews moving to Israel has skyrocketed. The first four months of 2014 saw a 312% rise in the number of French Jews relocating to the Jewish state.

As a community leader, Monsieur Benhaim has seen this phenomenon first-hand. “Before the question was ‘Do we have to go?’ Now the question is ‘When should we go?’” As a leader in the community his role is changing too. “Before Jewish leaders were talking about security, but now we’re talking about leaving. Before our job was thinking of ways of keeping Jews in France…. But now some Jewish managers start to ask if our duty is not to prepare our community to leave France.”
Annukka

ama: Islam Shares “Values of Peace” With Other Religions

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 16.07.2014 07:06

Obama: Islam Shares “Values of Peace” With Other Religions

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Obama is still trying to make this silly claim? I guess it’s back to the telling a lie often enough will make it the truth.
Check it out:

Good evening everyone and welcome to the White House. Every year, our Iftar is a chance to join in fellowship with friends, old and new, and to celebrate the incredible diversity of our great nation. And I want to recognize members of our diplomatic corps who are here — and it’s wonderful to have you back — as well as members of Congress who are joining us here tonight. We have leaders from my administration. And most importantly, we welcome Muslim Americans from across the country. So I want to thank you all for being here — Ramadan Kareem. It’s late. You’re hungry. I will be brief. (Laughter.)

Tonight, we honor the traditions of one of the world’s great faiths. For Muslims, Ramadan is a time to reflect and to remember that discipline and devotion is the essence of a life of faith. And for all of us, whatever our faiths, Ramadan is a reminder of just how much we share. The values of peace and charity, the importance of family and community — these are universal values. The command to love one another, to uphold justice, and to care for the least among us — these are common threads in our faith traditions.

Post Continues on weaselzippers.us

Read the rest of this Patriot Update article here: http://patriotupdate.com/2014/07/obama- ... Uq8xlMQ.99
Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum