ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 09.05.2014 09:58

Annukka

IDF General Defends Messianic Jewish Cadet

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 09.05.2014 20:30

IDF General Defends Messianic Jewish Cadet

Friday, May 09, 2014 | David Lazarus

Topics:
Messianic Jews

A cadet in the IDF Officer's Training School has been thrown out of the program for refusing to participate in a lecture about Messianic Jews.

The cadet was removed from the course after refusing to listen to a lecture from a fellow Messianic Jewish cadet on the New Testament and his faith in the Jewish Messiah. Cadets in the elite officer's training school learn to lecture on a topics of interest for their training officers and fellow cadets. One of the cadets, a Messianic Jewish believer, apparently chose to give a talk about the New Testament and Jewish faith in Yeshua.

The bold decision taken by General Avi Gil Commander of the IDF Officer's Training School reflects a new chapter in respect for Messianic Jews and Messianic Jewish faith in Israel.

Here is part of General Gil's communiqué with the rejected cadet:

"As a future officer you will be required to hold the line with all of your soldiers, no matter their religion or ethnicity, even when their beliefs may be in tension with your own. As an officer in the IDF you must insure a safe environment in which all your soldiers can serve. You must demonstrate a balanced approach in your decision making. Remember, you do not represent your own opinions, but rather the national consensus of the IDF approach to these matters."

In his summary statement from the cadet's trial, General Gil determined that "the cadet acted in a way that is in absolute opposition to the character and conventions of the IDF. There is no place in the IDF for officers holding extreme positions. A cadet cannot negate another's religious beliefs and refuse to listen to them."

At the military trail the cadet admitted, "I have a problem listening to a belief that is different that what I believe." General Gil concluded that "the cadet did not show that he even understood the problem with his position. Nor was he willing to receive any correction. Because of this," said the General, "the cadet was removed from the Officer's School."

In spite of all of this, General Gil recommended the soldier for service in other regular units the army. He was also given the opportunity to reapply for the next officers' training course if he "would be willing and able to go through a process of coming to grips with the issues he is struggling with," said the General.

In the past Messianic Jews were considered a security threat by the authorities and could not serve in sensitive units in the Israeli army. Today there are Messianic Jews serving as commanders and officers in every branch of the Israeli military including Intelligence which requires the highest level of security checks. Somewhere very high up in the ranks of the Israeli government and military a decision has been made that Messianic Jews are no longer considered a security risk but should be recognized as reliable and trustworthy citizens of Israel.

There are currently hundreds and perhaps even thousands of Messianic Jewish soldiers serving in the IDF. Many of them openly share their Messianic faith in Yeshua.

Messianic Jews in Israel are proud to serve their country. Many Messianic Israelis choose to serve in elite fighting units and most are exemplary soldiers who want to demonstrate that faith in Yeshua is not a betrayal of their Jewish heritage. In fact, faith in the Messiah gives them an even greater desire to serve the nation of Israel. "I feel like I am doing something really important," a Messianic Jewish soldier in the elite Iron Dome anti-missile unit told Israel Today. "This is something I have prepared to do for my people. I am glad that I can be here for such a time as this."

PHOTO: Front of the IDF officers' training school, emblazoned with Judges 7:17, in which Gideon tells his 300 warrior, "Watch me and follow my lead..."
Annukka

Twins Blame Show Cancellation on 'Smear Campaign'

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 10.05.2014 07:54

Twins Blame Show Cancellation on 'Smear Campaign'

By John Jessup
CBN News Anchor

Friday, May 09, 2014

Christian brothers and business owners David and Jason Benham are citing a "smear campaign" as the reason their reality show was dropped by HGTV.

The network had been filming "Flip It Forward," featuring the twin brothers' families and their Charlotte, North Carolina-based real estate firm, Benham Companies.

The program was supposed to be about flipping houses and helping families in need.

But on Wednesday, after a month of filming, HGTV pulled the plug on the series because of complaints about their Christian faith.

***For the Family Research Counsel's Craig James, the Benham brothers' situation calls to mind his own firing from FOX Sports Southwest over comments he made about gay marriage. James shared his insights about the HGTV case on CBN Newswatch, May 9.

The website "Right Wing Watch" labeled the Benham brothers as anti-gay, anti-abortion extremists, highlighting their involvement in pro-life causes and organizing a citywide prayer rally called Charlotte 7:14, which coincided with the 2012 Democratic National Convention.

"A smear campaign was run," David Benham told Deadline.com. "And Jason and I are not going to try and correct a smear campaign."

"HGTV made a decision based on one tiny segment of our culture," he said. "And had they heard from the rest of the culture, I think it would have been different. At this point, it's over."

Deadline.com also reports David told CNN he loves homosexuals, but hates the gay agenda that tries to silence people of faith.

"The point of this is there's an agenda that is seeking to silence the voice of men and women of faith. That's what all this is about," David said.

"I absolutely think any sex outside marriage is not healthy for human flourishing," he continued. "I think it's very important we set the record straight -- there's a difference between people and agenda."

In 2012, the brothers told CBN News their success was based on biblical principles.

"Produce more value than you take in pay; breathe life; [be] faithful in little," Jason said.

David echoed his brother's sentiments.

"We started building out what we envisioned that a kingdom business should look like, and we didn't read any books by anybody -- nothing," he said. "And everything was fresh, and God exploded our business because we wanted to glorify Him."

In a statement Wednesday, the brothers said they were "saddened" by HGTV's decision.

"With all of the grotesque things that can be seen and heard on television today you would think there would be room for two twin brothers who are faithful to our families, committed to biblical principles, and dedicated professionals," they said. "If our faith costs us a television show then so be it."

Meanwhile, the network's decision to drop the reality series stirred a firestorm on HGTV's social media platforms, with some people applauding its decision.

But many also criticized the network for being intolerant of Christian beliefs.

The Benhams' father told Life Site News the homosexual lobby is "the biggest bully in the country."
Annukka

Made in Israel – Technology

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 10.05.2014 08:00

Annukka

A Mother's Day Blessing

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 11.05.2014 20:39

A Mother's Day Blessing

The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up His countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

May you feel His touch...
sense His nearness...
and know the depth of His love for you
on Mother's Day and always.
Blessing On Your Special Day

CLICK HERE to share this Mother's Day Blessing as a Free E-Card.
Annukka

Yeshua Transforms Orthodox Girl Into Zionist

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 11.05.2014 20:53

Yeshua Transforms Orthodox Girl Into Zionist

Sunday, May 11, 2014 | David Lazarus

Related Stories
Netanyahu communicates with Arab web surfers
Israel swears in new chief rabbis
Experts: Jews, Not Palestinians, Have Been Here for Millennia

Topics:
Israel

Jesus (Yeshua in Hebrew) had no problem turning water into wine, but turning a Haredi (ultra-Orthodox) Jew into a staunch Zionist is quite another story. For many streams of Haredi Judaism, Zionism is a dirty word, and last week's Yom Ha'Atzmaut (Independence Day) was just another bad day. But such was no longer the case for Chava (not her real name), a 23-year-old Haradi Jewess who recently accepted Yeshua as Messiah.

"This was my first Yom Ha'Atzmaut," says Chava. "In our family, we were forbidden to even mention it. We were told by our parents to close the shutters so that we could not see what the abominable Goyim (derogatory word for Gentiles) were doing in the streets. We call it 'Tzibele' (onion) day in Yiddish." For many Haredi Jews, Yom Ha'Azmaut is foul, dirty and pagan.

"We hated Israel," Chava admits. "Our parents did not want us to be Israeli at all. My father wanted to take us all to America."

Now a believer in Yeshua, all of that changed for Chava forever. "When I heard the siren sound in memorial for the fallen soldiers who had given their lives for this nation, I stood up, and my heart stood still," she said. "I understood for the first time how much the people of Israel, my people, had sacrificed to bring us back to this land and make a nation and a home for us, the Jewish people."

Chava feels embarrassed that her whole life she never honored the brave men and woman who had given their lives to secure a homeland for the Jewish people. She admits that she even despised and hated them. "I give thanks to Yeshua who opened my eyes. He has given me a right spirit and a whole new understanding," she says.

In Israel, Memorial Day flows directly into the Yom Ha'Azamut celebrations. Independence can only be celebrated while remembering those who have gave their lives to make it happen, while the joy of nationhood can sweeten some of the painful memories of those who have fallen.

"I understand now how important it is to show respect and honor for the people of this land who have sacrificed so much for me, for my family and for Jewish people around the world," says Chava about her first Memorial Day and Yom Ha'Atzmaut.

"I feel proud to be an Israeli now," she says. "I am glad that I can live here and be a part of our people. God loves our people, all of our people, secular, religious, Arab and Jew. He loves us all," she smiles.
Annukka

Israel 100 Years in Flash

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 12.05.2014 08:50

Annukka

Dry Bones

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 12.05.2014 10:03

Annukka

Kids From Developing Countries .........

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 12.05.2014 22:23

Annukka

EdellinenSeuraava

Paluu English part of Forum