Hope is a seed
God plants in our hearts
to remind us
there are better things ahead.
-Holley Gerth

Faith is being sure of what we hope for
and certain of what we do not see.
Hebrews 11:1

CLICK HERE to LIKE and SHARE this message on Facebook.

Because...
Because...

Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:5

I am not alienated, Because You love me. 1 John 3:1
I am not rejected, Because You are for me. Romans 8:31
I am not isolated, Because You are with me. Isaiah 41:10
I am not unwanted, Because You are my Redeemer.
Psalm 19:14
I am not disheartened,Because You are my future.
1 Thessalonians 4:17
I am not alarmed, Because You are my God!
Psalm 31:14

-Devotional excerpt by Roy Lessin, from his blog Meet Me In The Meadow.
CLICK HERE to read the entire message and connect on Roy's blog.

All Things New
All Things New

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died. And He died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died for them and was raised again. So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer.

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

2 Corinthians 5:14-17

CLICK HERE to LIKE and SHARE this message on Facebook.
Annukka

YOM HA'ATZMAUT, Israelin Itsenaisyyspaiva

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 05.05.2014 06:25

YOM HA'ATZMAUT

The upcoming Israel Independence day, occurs on Tuesday this week. This is the Hebrew date "Hey B'Iyar", May 14th 1948) on which the declaration of Israel's Independence was signed in Dizengoff's house on Rothschild boulevard in Tel Aviv.

Everybody knows about the declaration but not everybody knows that in order to declare the establishment of the state, it was necessary to get the consent of the new Israeli parliament, and many of the parliament members were afraid to vote for the declaration because they knew that after the declaration there would be a war.

Some say that only as a result of the pressure that Ben Gurion had put on the parliament members, the decision was eventually confirmed by a majority of only one vote.

When the new Israeli parliament members were invited to the declaration ceremony, they were asked to come in formal black clothes, despite the heat. They were also asked to keep the ceremony a secret.

Then they understood that it was going to be a historical event. And indeed, when they arrived at Dizengoff's house, they found half of Tel Aviv population waiting for them.

At 4:00 PM David Ben Gurion arrived and everybody listened to his speech.

The declaration was not typed and Ben Gurion read it from a manuscript that he attached to a blank parchment.

Everybody signed a blank parchment...

Only a few days later the declaration was actually typed on the parchment above the signatures.

There were many people outside the building and also many people inside the houses, close to the radio. When Ben Gurion said the words: "we hereby declare the establishment of a Jewish state in Eretz Israel – to be known as the State of Israel", everybody began clapping their hands. Many people went out to the streets and started dancing.
Annukka

I am a great somebody . . . I am a little nobody.

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 06.05.2014 08:10

Dear reader,

I am a great somebody . . . I am a little nobody.

The entire world was created just for me . . . Feeling arrogant is Satan in disguise.

Every individual is an entire world . . . I am but the dust of the earth.

Judaism is replete with this contradictory dialogue. On the one hand, we’d be foolish not to humbly realize our smallness against the vast infinitude of our Creator and His creation. On the other hand, we view the world as an equal balance, with my action being capable of tipping the scale.

And if you think about it, so much of our value system is predicated on this “irrational” belief that my actions matter, even while acknowledging that we are but one cog—though a vital one—in the grand scheme.

This week, we begin an amazing prayer video series by Malki Bitton. But why do I pray? Because I am convinced that my words—yes, my puny words—can actually have a profound effect on life’s circumstances. That our grand Maker wants to hear from me, connect to me and values my perspective.

Why do we value the life of every individual? And more so, why do we view special children , who may not be able to think or function at a high level, or at any level, and consider them “special”? Because we believe that every soul is a unique creation of G‑d, created with an infinite, priceless connection to Him, irrespective of how he or she is able to contribute to society.

Why do we take time from our day to cheer another ? Because we believe that our actions count, and that every time we have helped or uplifted another human being, we have made our world an infinitely greater place.

So, it is precisely when we can acknowledge our smallness in the vastness of our Creator that we can also identify our infinite potential as partners with Him in improving our world.

Young children often intuitively and seamlessly understand this. Here’s a short poem written by my daughter Sara Leah, who just turned ten.

You’re by the Kotel on your own,
You touch the wall, the wall of stone.
You lift up your face to the sky,
And with your small voice, whisper “why?”

Why, G‑d, is the exile so long?
Why can’t the world just get along?
Why can’t the world be happy,
With Moshiach standing next to me?

You close your eyes, a thought comes to you,
It’s up to me and the things I do.
So let us all try, you and me,
To be the best that we can be.

Because it’s all up to me.
Up to me.

Wishing us all a great week in which we live up to our infinite potential!

Chana Weisberg,
Annukka

Happy Birthday Israel: Celebrating Independence Day!

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 06.05.2014 09:04

Happy Birthday Israel: Celebrating Independence Day!

2011independanceDay-headlineYom Ha’atzmaut, which translates into English as Israel Independence Day, celebrates the founding and establishment of the only Jewish state in the entire world.

The holiday is celebrated on the 5th day of the Hebrew month Iyar, which is the date when Israel’s first prime minister, David Ben-Gurion, read out the Israeli Declaration of Independence, saying on behalf of the Jewish people that they “Hereby declare the establishment of a Jewish state in the land of Israel to be known as the State of Israel. … Israel will be open for Jewish immigration and for the ingathering of the exiles; it will foster the development of the country for the benefit of all its inhabitants; it will be based on freedom, justice and peace as envisaged by the prophets of Israel; it will ensure complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex; it will guarantee freedom of religion, conscience, language, education and culture; it will safeguard the Holy Places of all religions.”

Yom Ha'atzmot 60 025 Aside from the official state ceremony on Mount Herzl that is broadcast throughout the country, various Israeli cities usually invite in Israeli folk dancing troops and singers to perform after an official fireworks display occurs. Like during Fourth of July celebrations in the United States, Israelis all crowd together within the center of the city to witness the fire-works and see live performances.

Celebrations often go throughout the night with dancing until sunrise. It is considered an excellent time for local businesses, who frequently sell many things to the Israelis who gathered together to witness the fireworks display.

Independence Day During the day of Yom Haatzmaot, Israelis usually have picnics, barbecues, and frequently go on nature hikes. Often, young Israelis will pitch tents on the beach and spend the night of Yom Haatzmaot camping out, where they will grill chicken pargiyot, kebabs, steaks, and other types of meat, while serving pita bread, hummus, and different sorts of salads on the side.

On the day of Yom Haatzmaot, the IDF usually hosts special parades. Onlookers on Israeli beaches can see IDF war planes being flown in Israeli skies, as part of a special display for the Israeli public. Army camps are also opened up for Israeli civilians to visit. Yom Haatzmaot is usually concluded with the granting of the Israel Prize, which recognizes Israelis for their contributions to humanity, science, and to society in general.
Annukka

Michael Levin: A Fallen Soldier in Israel

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 06.05.2014 09:13

Annukka

Dry Bones

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 07.05.2014 09:33

Annukka

Dry Bones

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 08.05.2014 09:34

Annukka

Why It Is Hypocritical to Boycott Israel

ViestiKirjoittaja Annukka » 08.05.2014 09:59